Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Are you going to Buy Cosmetic Gear from the Gem Store?

So, as the title says anyone thinking about it?

I got some in the last Stress test.

Possibly, They asked us to check it out during the stress test but I didn't know if you would keep the gear after launch so I just looked around at everything. That gear looks reallt nice!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miah View Post
    Possibly, They asked us to check it out during the stress test but I didn't know if you would keep the gear after launch so I just looked around at everything. That gear looks reallt nice!
    Nop you dont keep the gear, but you get your gems back

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

I will buy all the gear!

Deleted
    I wasn't planning on it, but then I saw the Pirate Captain costume. Coupled with the Mad Hatters hat, it looks awesome!

Deleted
    Well i do it in LOTRO, i could do it here as well.
    If the game is worth the candle....

Deleted
    Here's how the primeval set looks on a male human. Not bad, IMO, proportion wise it looks much better than on a Norn (no huge "orc" shoulder plates).

Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-08-22 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Don't think I will, I have 30/50 HoM rewards, and I plan on going for many of the legendary items and such. I do, however, plan on buying Glory-boosters and so on, just to support A-Net a little with their great game.

Can you use it in combat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    Can you use it in combat?
    yes

/tenchar

The armor is purely cosmetic and they don't have any stats on them. Like the HoM armor you can transmute them to add their appearance to another armor piece.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-08-22 at 01:48 PM.

Deleted
    Haven't seen anything that tempts me yet but I certainly won't rule it out.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-08-22 at 02:01 PM.

If it's something I think looks awesome, and the price is reasonable then I will most likely be buying sooome outfit... in the future.

Just googled "Charr Primeval" to decide..

Probably not, no.

Not with real money. Gold to gems? Yea for certain things.

I do enjoy vanity items quite a bit and am fairly liberal with my disposable income. Though I feel GW2 has one of the worst cosmetic/vanity systems of any modern MMO.

So it's like... what's the point of paying $10 for an outfit suited for AFKing in front of the auction house?

Deleted
    Is that... oh god... YES!! Warrior Primeval armor from GW1 was my favorite set!
    Are medium & light primeval sets also available from gem store?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not with real money. Gold to gems? Yea for certain things.

I do enjoy vanity items quite a bit and am fairly liberal with my disposable income. Though I feel GW2 has one of the worst cosmetic/vanity systems of any modern MMO.

So it's like... what's the point of paying $10 for an outfit suited for AFKing in front of the auction house?
    But Nektar told me you could use it in combat...

They barely resemble what they looked like in the first IMO, so no, I'm just gonna stick with my hom armor.

Fencers is probably more concerned about the town clothes, which can only be used out of combat. That said, the gem store will have both town clothes and cosmetic armor for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Not all of them can be used in combat. For example, can't use the glasses in combat ala GW1. Can't even t-stone vanity outfits such as the Pirate costume or top hat over real gear.

If I was interested in wearing armor [which I'm not], I'd just wear the default in game stuff. Wouldn't pay money for a cash shop spiky helmet and codpiece.

Pass4ever.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-22 at 03:50 PM.

Yes, I'm annoyed the glasses can't be used as head armor (especially for light armor classes). If something looks particularly good I might buy it, but for a while I'll be content with what's in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.