Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't plan on buying any gear items, it's no fun when everybody is running around in the same armour. It's like in WoW when they release a new pet/mount they are good for about 2 days then everybody has got them, it almost feels better going back to your old items just to be different again.

Deleted
    Probably not, no. Maybe with in-game gold. But otherwise the only things I will buy will be things like extra character slots/remake.

I want to, but I also want to put the "B2P" model to the test.

I'll probably wait 4 to 6 months before I start buying things.

Never done so in any other games.
    No reason to start now.
    Plenty of awesome gear out in the world that won't be a kick in the wallet.

Maybe... But unlikely.

Yep I am planning on atleast, mostly just to give em money

I do like how they're focussing on cosmetics in the Gem Store. It surprising how much that stuff actually sells in a free-to-play model.
    I for one will most likely buy something from the Gem Store, if not to support the game, then to support my inner "dress em up" girl.

I'm impressed by the amount of people naïve enough to believe they'll get their gems exclusively from the gold exchange. The exchange is based on supply and demand, e.g. the more people buying the higher the price, and you can be sure not everyone will buy gems to sell for gold, so you're looking at a couple hundred gold for 100 gems.

Anyway, I would've gotten the glasses if I could've used them instead of those fugly elementalist head items that you are forced to use early on, but they're town clothes so I would only see them when I'm going to the bank or crafting something. The usual crap sold there is uninteresting to me, and the QoL stuff (storage space mainly, I will forever hate them for making the bank shared across all characters) is the only reason to buy gems, it's a one-time purchase for me anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    instead of those fugly elementalist head items that you are forced to use early on
    Show/Hide Helmet says hi.

If they want my money, they'll add as many revealing heavy armors like in Tera as possible.

Deleted
    no, there's so many nice gear in the game already.
    Anyway it's some kind of achievement to wear full dungeon set you earned yourself, and didn't buy for few $
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2012-08-23 at 02:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe

Last edited by Spl4sh3r; 2012-08-23 at 02:54 PM.

There's no way I'm NOT going to be buying some gear. Some of this stuff just looks insanely good and I can't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Maybe
    <snip>
    With something that adorable, that has to be more than a maybe.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Primeval Armor is not "Prime Evil Armor", by the way. Seen that floating around the last couple of days and indeed facepalm every time.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/primeval
    Heh, I cringe every time I see it spelled like that

Deleted
    Mostly depends on how invested I will feel with the game, will probably not buy anything until a few month of play.

I might buy gems to support Anet, but I dunno what I am gonna get for those. Probably something cosmetic unless the boosts are really worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will buy gems but nothing currently is making me go "I NEED THAT" other than transmute stones, so will probably save up or wait - I'm sure there will be something down the line that I want to purchase.

Deleted
    Theoretically yes - but...I ain't gonna buy stuff that I can only wear around town or non-combat. If I buy something cool to wear, it's because I want my character to look that way all of the time.

Also - I ain't gonna buy really overpowered looking skins for, like, level 5 armour. It's not the cost, it's just the...stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    Theoretically yes - but...I ain't gonna buy stuff that I can only wear around town or non-combat. If I buy something cool to wear, it's because I want my character to look that way all of the time.

Also - I ain't gonna buy really overpowered looking skins for, like, level 5 armour. It's not the cost, it's just the...stupidity.
    The skins being re-usable doesn't change anything? The fact is, in level 5 zones you play like a badass you feel like a badass. That's no less true when you're level 75.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~