Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Trying to belittle a game using a different game of the same IP, when done so in a completely not productive or informative manner, is still frowned upon in these forums. Not to mention that this isn't a thread asking for your input on why you don't like the game. Please move along.

You are free to create a thread proclaiming your love for SWG in the general video games section, as it does not belong here.
    Way to fail miserably at comprehension and making erroneous assumptions.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed SW:TOR a lot. Loved the stories but I stopped playing as I don't really feel like paying a sub fee anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by drigoly View Post
    i subscribed, played 3 days and got bored, it's just a synchronized version of WoW with a shitty engine that makes large scale battles impossible (0 people at ilum), after playing WoW since 2004 this game offers nothing new for me, that's how much fun it is.
    Amazing you made it to 50 in three days and managed to visit Ilum. Yea, no. This is the problem with the internet where a lot of people just flat out lie or exaggerate.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    Damn it this is gonna be another sleepless night, this time cleansing the underbelly of Coruscant.

Hello from my first Flashpoint!

Dear god are those max graphics settings??

the jags! the blurring! my eeeeeyes!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethorien View Post
    I agree finally a thred worth replying tooo!!!!!
    Why, threads like this are just as bad as flame threads...and should be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    Dear god are those max graphics settings??

the jags! the blurring! my eeeeeyes!

No they are not max graphics, it doesn't look close to how my game looked. But the game has problems with AA on some PC's.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2012-08-23 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drigoly View Post
    i subscribed, played 3 days and got bored, it's just a synchronized version of WoW with a shitty engine that makes large scale battles impossible (0 people at ilum), after playing WoW since 2004 this game offers nothing new for me, that's how much fun it is.
    I do agree that SWTOR and Wow are competing for the most dumbed down endgame for clearing the content of all time but SWTOR actually has a fantastic levelling experience. I think they should of followed a more tbc style model of endgame, sep 8 and 16 man operations with linear progress and more content.

Instead of wasting time balancing 8 and 16 mans to be equal and 3 levels of difficulty which just wastes dev time.
    Last edited by Crazyjoe; 2012-08-23 at 09:39 AM.

Deleted
    Damn it this is gonna be another sleepless night, this time cleansing the underbelly of Coruscant.

Hello from my first Flashpoint!
    glad your enjoying!

love the positiviety and excitement from the newbie

hate the typical internet reaction of trying to piss on said newbies excitement and positivity

It is fun and if you enjoy story the class lines can be cool.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Way to fail miserably at comprehension and making erroneous assumptions.
    I'm sorry...I didn't realize there was such a depth of meaning to one sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    Will SW:TOR ever rise to the level of SW:G?
    Whether you like it or not, you left it open to be interpreted as simple trolling. It's your fault. Stop posting one sentence wastes of our time. Your statement did 2 things: Implied that SWTOR is not as good as SWG and lacked anything to back up your position. So given that, you left a snippet of something that, WITHOUT ANY ELABORATION, simply bashed this game.

And as I said, it's fine to relate to that game if you are trying to talk about SWTOR, but this isn't a SWG forum. That game doesn't exist anymore.

Unfortunately I do not play on max settings, my laptop is 5 years old with a GeForce 8600M GT, 4GB RAM and Core 2 9300@ 2.5Ghz. I did turn all settings on high once to see how it looks and it's really beautiful.

Pretty shots of Coruscant:

That's still not max settings, it still looks a lot worse than how it looks for me in game.

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4964/screenshot2012082223455.jpg
    I sort of feel like Aric is looking at you going "dude what are you doing??"

Having played the game on a variety of computers if you put the graphics settings all on the highest settings on 5 different computers it will look very different on each of them. It's most variation between computers I have ever seen in a game really.

edit- morning grammar fails
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-08-23 at 02:08 PM.

Played it for amonth then unsubbed sorry just didn't do it for me. The questing was awesome though

Deleted
    5x 50's. Raid twice weekly. 4-6 WZ's a day. 3-5 FP's a week. I'm still having just as much fun as when I started. The game is far from perfect but it's very entertaining imo. It's all subjective I know but I can see myself playing on for a long time yet. Bioware made some very strange design decisions but overall I love logging in.

And so my Trial period ends as I've reached level 15 and can level no longer...

Tomorrow I go to buy the game so I can continue the story, for I simply cannot wait for it to go F2P, and 12$ for a shiny box is perfectly acceptable. My only regret is not having a good computer to experience this game in its true graphical beauty.

Cya all in game!

Last edited by ThisWillNotStand; 2012-08-23 at 11:49 PM.

Just bought my game today. Got myself a month to enjoy it 2 weeks before university starts...when this game goes F2P it's gonna explode, just got my Commando to level 16 today and I'm assaulting a battle station which can destroy entire fleets and bombard planets by hurling asteroid at them.

My choices are starting to have more and more effect. I just threw a candidate out of the Republic electorate race by exposing her gangster supported financing. Everything is getting more intense. I love how in missions everyone gets a roll on conversation options and you can end up killing people or savings them just because your decision got the high roll, makes everything so unpredictable, and feel so real.

I can't believe how much negativity this game received, it's really top notch. Sorry engineers, but you're getting vented into space. Nothing personal. For the Republic.

Always nice to see happy positive threads about a game I love TOR as well. Played from launch to May when I had to quit gaming for awhile. Planning on returning when it goes FTP as I want to see all the stories. Sadly I only saw one story through in all that time (sith inquisitor) and spent all the other time messing with crew skills, pvp'ing and bouncing between all the other classes.
    Honestly has to be the most fun I have had leveling in an MMO for years. I feel far more attached to my character than in other games when I can see my character speaking with a real voice, and give them a 'personality' with dialog choices. That probably sounds just a little silly now that I really think on it

10+ Year Old Account
    I need to play it again, I liked a lot. For the Republic!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really liked the game the stories were AMAZING! But the endgame wasn't for me although warzones were fun! I'll check it out in the fall.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's awesome! I'll be coming back when its F2P and probably subbing at 50 (I think that's how it works). I really like SWTOR's PvP so doing that at 50 is worth a sub for me. That probably sounds strange, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    It's only a single player game if you choose to play it that way. There are way more areas for grouping than in WoW levelling (heroics on every planet), there are still WZ, FP and OPs to do and some datacrons require more than one person.
    A lot more areas, but unfortunately not enough people. If you aren't playing with three friends, grouping in SWTOR can be tough.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...