Last Chance for #1 DPS Morchock Cleave

Hello !

I have been doing Morchock Cleave a lot over the last 3 months, we even have World Fastest Speedkill.

Now, as a fire mage I have seen all ends of the stick on this fight, from sick bursts to too-slow impact proccs. I have been analysing logs every week and am unable to find the optimal solution to redo my absolute best performance.

Note, I had worse gear but was horde (troll) in the first two logs. In the latter I was alliance (worgen):

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w4...e/?s=636&e=687 (a)

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-w4...e/?s=345&e=393 (b)

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vl...e/?s=345&e=399 (c)

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-r3...?s=1307&e=1360 (d)

(a) Troll - 6.6 Million Damage, 165k Burst, 128k DPSe

Comp: 3 Heal 2 Tanks
    Result: Wipe
    Theory Result with 1 Tank 1 Healer: Kill around 53-55seconds

Combustion: 26 Ticks, 2.5million damage
    Buffs: Dark Intent & Tricks

(b) Troll - 4.6 Million Damage, 135k Burst, 94k DPSe

Comp: 3 Heal 2 Tanks
    Result: Wipe
    Theory Result with 1 Tank 1 Healer: Kill around 53-55seconds

Combustion: 20 Ticks, 1.6million damage

(c) Worgen - Currently Best WOL Parse at #7 with 81.1k

Comp: 1 Heal 1 Tank
    Result: 53s (tied world fastest)

Combustion: 18 Ticks, 1.2million damage

(d) Worgen

Comp: 1 Heal 1 Tank
    Result: 52s (world fastest)

Combustion: 11 Ticks, 800k damage

-----

Now, as you can see with worse gear I was pumping 3x more Combustion damage (highest burst in (a) was 165k DPS, wiped to aggro management).

I want to reach for those numbers again, if I can do it once I can do it again no ?

I have a few questions:

1. Can someone please rip my analysis apart to see any flaws.
    2. Whats up with my Combustion ticks vs. people top5? Everyone is at 26-29 ticks..some are gnomes so they don't even have Beserking.
    3. Any advice on how to maybe reattain the burst I had in (a)?

My own answers/POV

1. Posted above, it's obviously scaling on Combustion ticks and damage since the rest is fairly irrelevant
    2. I presume I am spreading too slowly (or not getting Impact fast enough) so I lose double ticks? Every second I lose 2 potential ticks so if I spread at 10 ticks left instead of 14 that must explain 20 ticks vs 28?
    3. I don't recall the size of the ignite but I have been trying week after week to push the same burst, and don't achieve it.

I am looking for someone to help me one last time before the pre-patch to get the #1 I deserve. Any constructive advice would be appreciated.

I am not in BiS gear and I had worse gear in Conspire than in Sparks..yet I push more burst/overall DPS in Conspire..CONFUSEDFIRE
    Last edited by Lifire; 2012-08-22 at 01:31 PM.

do you BW right before you combust to force a impact

If I don't have Impact, yes.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f3177158hp2b3u9j/

We got an even faster kill, 44seconds but my combustion only did 1.2m damage with 21 ticks I popped with everything up though (Ptorrent, Lightweave, Velocity & Engi Gloves)

I only ranked 3 with 98k DPS. I still only did 4.4million damage...I need a 1.8-2.5 million combustion
    Last edited by Lifire; 2012-08-23 at 10:34 AM.

You're obviously a good Fire Mage so you obviously know how RNG it can be.

Unfortunately looking through those logs, I don't see anything you probably could do better. I'm not a Fire Mage expert, so I won't pretend to know the entire situation but at my glance it looks like RNG is messing with you.

Deleted
    Compare Ignite damage from log A to log D, it's an RNG spec, you just need to get lucky with ignite and that is pretty much all there is to it.

Oh shit it's the awesome Vifire #1 mage eu/us (just after my mage obviously), yo man Djuice here lol All I see is RNG difference, not really much more you can do but try harder, hunting for luck is not ez >:l

Quote Originally Posted by Vykina View Post
    Compare Ignite damage from log A to log D, it's an RNG spec, you just need to get lucky with ignite and that is pretty much all there is to it.
    I understand but I am yet convinced there is so much more I can do, if I can burst 165k I can do it again. Minmaxing will always overcome the stupid RNG excuse for Fire. I believe that one can certainly push more than just wait for RNG.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 02:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JuicedawgYO View Post
    Oh shit it's the awesome Vifire #1 mage eu/us (just after my mage obviously), yo man Djuice here lol All I see is RNG difference, not really much more you can do but try harder, hunting for luck is not ez >:l
    LOL Djuice, sup.

I disbelieve any luck hunting. I am so confused about the ticks, 28 vs 20. BRB DOING HASTE MATH