Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    tried to purchase with my amex and i got that error.. tried my visa and it went through.. wierd

I have one of the best MasterCards money can buy, with incredibly detailed fraud prevention and documentation since my ex-wife is completely in sane.

So when it happened to me it was easy to call the credit card company and discover that the GW2 billing is buggy and they tried to bill me twice within the same second.
    Some credit card companies including mine automatically turn down any double charge hoping to make companies fix this problem to avoid customer complaints.

However, once your card is turned down, GW2's billing system apparently flags the card as invalid and won't try putting it through again.

SIMPLE FIX: BUY THE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD FROM AMAZON, AND ENTER THE CODE ON THE GW2 WEBSITE. TAKES 5 SECONDS.

ps. and yes i did buy gw2 in the end, it's gonna be bad, but w/e let's give it a fair shot.... lol....
    VOTE TRUMP! Make America Great Again!

Deleted
    Doesnt help those of us who cant buy the digital download from Amazon because we live outside the US.

Incidentally, I'm having exactly the same problem. Tried entering the info in all the various combinations - uppercase, lowercase, with diacritics and without, no luck. I guess I'll just ignore GW2 for now, since they apparently do not care enough to make their shopping site work properly. Since I'm missing on the early access anyway, I can just as well wait half a year or so and grab the box from a bargain bin. Shame, for I was ready to give them my perfectly good money right here and now. But no, "your money can't be verified."

@bloody251 - do you happen to have diacritics in your name or address?

Auto fill is not your friend. Don't be lazy...type it out and it will work. That is why the guy who said typing it in caps worked, no autofill.

Deleted
    I had same issue with amex.
    As it turned out, purchase was blocked as apparently GW2 site was 'suspicious' site. However, after calling bank, transaction was able to go thru.

Deleted
    Any EU people able to buy the game from an EU country with a credit card not from the country they live in?