Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Added bartender + Masque then scaled the UI down a bit so I could gain more screen space. Updated it for assassination as well. Dispatch icon shows up @ 35% (ignore timer thats for bandit's guile auras underneath used for combat spec)
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-09-09 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    big.jpg

I like this a lot. I jus picked up RealUI thanks to this thread but I like yours. No chance you'd wanna upload your WTF and interface folders? :P
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Using Shestak UI for like 3 years. Just cant play without it <3

Quote Originally Posted by Divider View Post
    Using Shestak UI for like 3 years. Just cant play without it <3

/snip
    Love this one so much!

Being a UI developer, why not posting mine

Please use thumbnails for posting images. I will edit posts to fix or delete the image if a strange/new imagehost is used.
    Here's a handy guild for this,
    use thumbnails!!
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-09-09 at 07:47 AM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Hey while I see it in a few of your UI's, what's the addon that changes the buff frames in the top right hand corner? And can you move it around by any chance?

Deleted
    Shadowed Unit frames?

Ah no found it, it's called Raven
    Thanks anyways Mutix!

I use rBuffStyler.

But you don't use hemo?!
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Being a UI developer, why not posting mine

Please use thumbnails for posting images. I will edit posts to fix or delete the image if a strange/new imagehost is used.
    Here's a handy guild for this,
    use thumbnails!!
    Question why are you taking leaching poison?

10+ Year Old Account
    Passive healing is good? I mean you could make a pvp/pve argument between the two, but iirc Coldkil mainly does PvE, where, at the moment, leeching is well ahead of elusiveness in most situations I can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridis View Post
    How about keeping it about UIs and not talent choices?
    Also fair.

Coldkil; are you just running SnD off the default buffs bar top-right or am I missing it somewhere?
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-09-09 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridis View Post
    I was just wondering.... looking for some insight... Atm I'm using cheat death, which seems like a better option. PvE and PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just wondering.... looking for some insight... Atm I'm using cheat death, which seems like a better option. PvE and PvP
    Unless you're eating the ball on Zon'ozz, cheat death is pretty useless in PvE unless you've screwed up. LP, on the other hand, passively reduces the healing required on you, and not needing heals, while it's unlikely to matter on trivial content, is never a bad thing and can lead to avoiding situations that would trigger ChD. In 4.2 a sub rogue running Rag with good feint timing didn't need healing at all during P1/P3 (whether sub was ideal for that fight is beyond this question and beyond the thread, of course), and with the move from recup to leeching all specs (although less-so assassination) have a HUGE passive healing boost. My healers would kill to be able to passively add 2-5k HPS even if it's not needed. For PvP the discussion is more muddled -- but there are plenty of threads a couple of pages back about talent choices for PvE/PvP.

I think Cheat Death is probably a better choice come end game content, but leeching would be awesome for leveling. Just freeing up that extra poison slot for a utility purpose while giving the healers a decent chance to heal you up at low HP seems to have more of a benefit then passively healing yourself the whole time with no utility.

But hey, I think at least for that tier of talents blizzard executed it perfectly. No one can seem to agree on what is best, so now people truly have a choice!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overheard View Post
    Just freeing up that extra poison slot for a utility purpose while giving the healers a decent chance to heal you up at low HP seems to have more of a benefit then passively healing yourself the whole time with no utility.
    There will be some fights where utility poisons have a use... I hope? But outside of them (don't forget we can hot-swap) your utility poisons do nothing, so skipping leeching is skipping a poison. Dropping 2-5k HPS for "don't die when you would have died" really goes back to my earlier argument that not dying in the first place is FAR superior. That also assumes you only almost-die on the CD for ChD... which seems unlikely if you're getting yourself killed in the first place.

Again, there are situations where mind-numbing, crippling, for cheat death may be needed... but excluding them, I really have a hard time comparing "screwed up, not dead for 1 hit" to "I heal over time". I suppose there are some occasions where it could be used? Hagara progression if you're soaking lances and the tank can't face the boss away from the lances so you eat a 1-shot crystal and don't still have the ice lance so you don't get pulverized the next second when you're at 10%?

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    But you don't use hemo?!
    I use it, it's macroed with BS (shift+2). I was just making a random fight to show MSBT instead of a "standard" afk screenshot.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 07:41 AM ----------

Because i don't PvP at all, Sub has become a really great PvE spec, and passive sustained healing is something really valuable for the healers in your raid.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 07:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    Coldkil; are you just running SnD off the default buffs bar top-right or am I missing it somewhere?
    No, you're not missing. I have an aura addon, just it's still a WIP (and i mean i'm doing the entire addon) and it's not enabled in that screen. Unfortunately i'm not on my usual PC, so i don't have the aura addon to show.

To give you a glance, imagine auras like target debuffs (same skin), just over the player frame. Nothing flashy or fancy, i'm used to them and i find really easy to read them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    There will be some fights where utility poisons have a use... I hope? But outside of them (don't forget we can hot-swap) your utility poisons do nothing, so skipping leeching is skipping a poison.
    Yeah I guess so, and when you look at it, if we're doing the job we're supposed to be doing (as well as every other role) we shouldn't ever really be at a need to cheat death. Hopefully there will be reasons to use the other talents though, I don't want another cut and dry talent xpac ...