Deleted

BIOS keep saying: Hard Disk is not Installed!

I recently got a new computer, MOBO is a Asus A7ZZ-V LE.
    Everything is installed and plugged, but when I turn it on, the bios says that the Hard Disk is not detected.

Anyone know what shall I do?

Had a mistake, it's not DETECTED instead of Installed!
    Last edited by mmoc66f90e7bfb; 2012-08-22 at 03:22 PM.

Do you have both the power cable plugged into the HDD as well as the SATA cable between the HDD and the mobo?

Try going into the BIOS and see if the drive shows up in there. If it does try changing from AHCI to Legacy/IDE mode.

Deleted
    Can you explain better? I connected the Hard Disk cable to the MOBO, and then Power supply cable to the Hard Disk, isnt that all?

Yea just making sure.

Deleted
    Yet, the same message's showing sad panda..wat to do

Test the drive in a different setup that works, or, test a known working drive with this setup. Either way the idea is to see if it is a drive issue or a motherboard issue. Also try different sata ports on the motherboard to make sure you just aren't using a defective port.

Deleted
    Try a different power connector from power supply and try another sata wire/ mobo connector.

If its a 2nd drive you are installing, Plug it into the 1st drives cable and see if it appears in bios.

Deleted
    Im gonna explain it better

When I turn on the PC, there is a black screen with some stuff and then it says: hard Disk is not detected!

but if I press "DELL" and go to the MOBO channel, the Hard Disk is shown there
    I have installed Windows and some stuff at the moment, just to say that the Hard Disk is working.

I have tried with another HD but the black screen comes the same with the same message!!

Did I explain it better this time?

Deleted
    If it shows in bios but doesnt boot then the MBR might be damaged.

Try booting from the windows disk and run recovery options, Then repair startup or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by solfan01 View Post
    Im gonna explain it better

When I turn on the PC, there is a black screen with some stuff and then it says: hard Disk is not detected!

but if I press "DELL" and go to the MOBO channel, the Hard Disk is shown there
    I have installed Windows and some stuff at the moment, just to say that the Hard Disk is working.

I have tried with another HD but the black screen comes the same with the same message!!

Did I explain it better this time?
    are you installing a new harddrive to replace an old harddrive? or are you adding a second harddrive in addition to your already working harddrive?
    i am a bit confused cause you say it doesn't work but you have installed windows and some stuff.

I once had this problem. It took a while to find any kind of answers for it, but apparently there could be many causes. For some it was fixed when they changed the cords going to the HD. For some it was fixed by simply switching some other stuff. For some reason anything I found didn't work except the last solution which I fortunately could do somewhat easily. Put in different hard drive and put the old as secondary.

This of course requires you to either have or acquire another harddrive, but after that even the supposedly broken HD worked perfectly. I just cant use it as main hard drive. All stuff on it is fine and accessable.

Though, if you do not own another hard drive, I suggest you try some other stuff before resorting to buying new one.

Deleted
    I had a 250GB Hard Drive working perfectly on my other PC, I got a new MOBO, Processor and RAM and put the 250GB Hard Driver on the new PC plus the Power Supply from the old PC which is 650W.

Today I got a new 500GB Hard Drive hoping the old one was broken, and changing it would take that message off, but it didnt.

On the MOBO Channel (after pressing DELL) shall I put the Hard Driver on IDE something or keep the default ( forgot the name right now )?

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 05:07 PM ----------

I have tried using the 3G cords on the 3G stuff in the MOBo, and the 6G cords on the 6G place in the MOBO, but neither has worked

I had a 250GB Hard Drive working perfectly on my other PC, I got a new MOBO, Processor and RAM and put the 250GB Hard Driver on the new PC plus the Power Supply from the old PC which is 650W.

Today I got a new 500GB Hard Drive hoping the old one was broken, and changing it would take that message off, but it didnt.

On the MOBO Channel (after pressing DELL) shall I put the Hard Driver on IDE something or keep the default ( forgot the name right now )?

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 05:07 PM ----------

I have tried using the 3G cords on the 3G stuff in the MOBo, and the 6G cords on the 6G place in the MOBO, but neither has worked
    ok so I think I understand now
    1) keep the hard drive on default.
    2) when you change things like your mobo and processor there is a very high chance that your harddrive is not going to work with the new set up because the windows install on it was set up with your old computer specs. you'd need to reinstall windows on the harddrive.
    3) your new harddrive should not have anything installed on it so nothing will happen when you try to boot up from it. it needs to be formatted and windows installed on it (if it's going to be for your OS). otherwise it just needs to be formatted to use.
    4) if they both still work they should show up when you go to the mobo channel as you call it.

Deleted
    So you say: I changed the old 250GB HD to the 500GB new one, then I install W7? Right?

That's what I did. but the message was still there.

I repeat, when i put the 500GB HD on the PC and turn it on, the message saying: Hard Disk is not detected! was there. I installed Windows 7 but nothing changed.
    Everytime i turn on the PC the BIOS repeats that message, it's annoying.
    Im going mad

in your bios do you have your hdd as the first thing to boot from?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm having the same issue after i cleaned my comp yesterday, i completely neglected the difference between various SATA ports. Try to click on F12 at start up, you can then choose which HDD to boot with.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Deleted
    Yeah Bals I do, I can choose the HD or the DVD Reader as Boot, so can you explain me what to do ?

Kailtas, I turn on the PC and spam f12? then choose the HD and ?
    Last edited by mmoc66f90e7bfb; 2012-08-22 at 06:09 PM.

Yeah Bals I do, I can choose the HD or the DVD Reader as Boot, so can you explain me what to do ?

Kailtas, I turn on the PC and spam f12? then choose the HD and ?
    You should also see a list of your hard drives showing the order it tries to boot from them in. Make sure that the one with the fresh W7 install is first. My bet is that your master boot record for your old drive got messed up and your computer is trying to boot from that hard drive first which is failing.

I had a really similar sounding issue when I got a new hd, used my W7 disk to format it, then decided I didn't really want to switch everything to my new drive (and just use the new one for storage), but somehow using the W7 disk to format my new drive screwed up the MBR on my old one (you can fix this btw, really easy if you use another drive to boot into windows). Your computer should boot as soon as you set the new drive with the fresh W7 install is the primary hdd.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2012-08-22 at 06:24 PM.