Is there profession-specific armor?

Hey.

I'm just trying to clarify something for myself. I'm going to roll a Warrior but I was curious if I'm going to be missing out on any cool "Guardian only" armors?

No, it is just dependent on the armor type that you wear (heavy, medium, light).

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    No, it is just dependent on the armor type that you wear (heavy, medium, light).
    Well, and race-but still type based-but yeah, no profession-specific armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    There are armours that perhaps fit certain professions better than others it seems though. For example -The Racial stuff is a match for the Divinity Reach group gear. So the T3 Charr Heavy gear looks like Rytlocks Warrior gear and the T3 Human Racial Heavy looks like Logan's Gaurdian gear.
    Last edited by mmoc3f9c23ccd2; 2012-08-22 at 05:22 PM.

This is one of the aspects I truly love of Guild Wars 2...no class/profession specific armor. I remember back in classic World of Warcraft, I wanted the damn Might armor for my Paladin and was very sad that I could not wear it.

@Yowser I wouldn't say Logan's look like a Guardians armor, rather it looks like a suit of armor that fits the Knight status.
    Last edited by zeelic; 2012-08-22 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zeelic View Post
    This is one of the aspects I truly love of Guild Wars 2...no class/profession specific armor. I remember back in classic World of Warcraft, I wanted the damn Might armor for my Paladin and was very sad that I could not wear it.

@Yowser I wouldn't say Logan's look like a Guardians armor, rather it looks like a suit of armor that fits the Knight status.
    Yes but it would be nice maybe to have some sets which are only accepted on a specific profession, it just makes it nice to feel distinguished from the other few scholar professions. But hey... what can we do?
    \

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zeelic View Post
    Fair point. I think I just always see them as Gaurdians, rather than Warriors.

As far as we know there is no armor that only certain professions can wear. Although there are specific armor sets that are designed in such a way that they fit certain professions much better than other.

I have linked an image with examples of armor here so you can get a better idea of what I meant.

Do keep in mind though that we haven't seen everything the game has to offer yet, so there might be special profession armor that you can get as part of a dungeon/crafting/person story etc.

The only specific armor that is in the game is the cultural armor which is race specific.

I'm slightly inclined towards saying the starter gear is also profession-specific, though it might just be the item (helm for most, some [at least guardians] give helm/shoulders option) that that's true of. And even then, having not looked through all the gear in the game, that gear might not be exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Yeah I guess you could say that a few items from the starter gear are profession specific, such as the engineer items and the guardian shoulders/helm choice.