Deleted

Trying to find a Tekkit server to stay

Been trying to introduce a couple of my friends to tekkit, first we tried to host a server ourselves, but the lag was too big. After that we were searching for a server to play on. But the big problem is that I'm the only one out of 3 of us who actually owns MC. I was hoping to eventually persuade 'em to buy it as well, but first I would need to convince em that it's worth it.

Either way, we've been trying to find a playable non-premium server, but so far I went through 3 pages of server lists on technic launcher forums to no avail. Found only 2 servers so far, one which was laggy beyond any enjoyment and the other just refused to register me [although it accepted both pirated versions with no problems] and is offline half the time.

so I ask for help if anyone here knows a good server to start out on? Also would be amazing if it's not a whitelist/graylist server, since it's always a pain in ass to get there for a group.

p.s. it's really hard to type a whole post with broken "s" button... sorry if I have typos.

I think your best friend is honestly to get your friends to spend the 20 bucks on Minecraft if at all possible, If not only for the inconvenience, but to prevent the awkwardness of if your friends get caught and get banned. Wish I could help you further, but until this post, I didn't know non-PRemium Tekkit servers existed!
    Hi.

Deleted
    Banned from what lol? Also as I've said, it's just not an option right now, one of them is a Bulgarian student, so 25$ is actually real money for him, the other does not thing MC is even worth 2$, and I can't blame him, MC is REALLY bad at presenting itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    any experience I've had with non-whitelisted tekkit or tekkit like servers has been terrible. They're usually very, very laggy and don't have enough responsible users on them for things to go smoothly. I did manage to play on one for a little while, but I was building so far away from everyone that I may as well have been playing single player. Add to this you want a non-premium server and I don't think you're going to find a good option for a stable and productive game experience.

You can gift your friends MC if they cant afford it. At least with you all using a premium account you'll have a better shot at finding something decent.

Deleted
    Well, we don't really mind playing on a ghost server or just being far away from everyone, since we're really only interested in playing together. And regarding whitelist, it's just so annoying for me to go through the whole application process just to log in and find out that you're annoyed by some little thing on this server. Like once I've built a whole castle with tons of machinery and piping and what not and then I've found out that you can't place down lava on this server. It just meant that I'll have to do without cobble and obsidian generators, but nope, never loged on that server again.

I would of gladly hosted my own server just for us, but unfortunately using a rather old laptop and good connection is either rare in DK or costs so much it make me wanna kill a kitten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Well, we don't really mind playing on a ghost server or just being far away from everyone, since we're really only interested in playing together. And regarding whitelist, it's just so annoying for me to go through the whole application process just to log in and find out that you're annoyed by some little thing on this server. Like once I've built a whole castle with tons of machinery and piping and what not and then I've found out that you can't place down lava on this server. It just meant that I'll have to do without cobble and obsidian generators, but nope, never loged on that server again.

I would of gladly hosted my own server just for us, but unfortunately using a rather old laptop and good connection is either rare in DK or costs so much it make me wanna kill a kitten.
    If you do find a few servers that are whitelisted, message them and ask questions about what you want to do. Also, if you're going to use a tekkit server it has EE installed and you can easily transmute all the cobble or obsidian you could ever use.

As I've said to a few others, look into hosting options maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a small Tekkit server I wouldn't mind opening up for you and your friends to come play on, I would need to implement some form of authentication plugin though. Server details can be found on the Server list right here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18146263
    Last edited by Djinni; 2012-08-24 at 11:23 PM.

Tekkit is awesome

---------- Post added 2012-08-27 at 09:02 PM ----------

Tekkit rules