Thread: Asura - WTF?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    I remember a thread like this awhile back where people trivialized, and then defenders defended with over-trivialization. And then it came down to no matter what race was made, it always looked like something else, and no race can ever be original in the history/future of gaming or fantasy.

    I'm pretty sure the OP and others basically want a race of spiders or birds that just look like spiders and birds and have no features in common with a humanoid. Because if they did, they'd be called elves or humans.

    How about Quaggan? Oh they're just whale people, so not original.

    Please, anyone who is complaining, show me a race anywhere you think is original and I'll tell you "This feature makes it look like this" and is "ugly".

  2. #82
    Legendary! Drugs-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Road
    Posts
    6,097
    >Asura
    >Ugly




    Uuuuuh no.


  3. #83
    I was inspired by Gadget from RR when making my Asura Mesmer. I think she is adorable. <3


  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post

    How about Quaggan?
    I love quaggan, they're the cutest things ever. Like grey beluga whales or some short-nosed dolphin.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  5. #85
    I want to be a...



    Because a Hylek Lionguard looks freaking awesome...hahaha. And the tongue thing. C'mon now.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2012-08-22 at 07:59 PM.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I want to be a...

    -snip-

    Because a Hylek Lionguard looks freaking awesome...hahaha. And the tongue thing. C'mon now.
    A battletoad!
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I want to be a...



    Because a Hylek Lionguard looks freaking awesome...hahaha. And the tongue thing. C'mon now.
    Froglok was my favorite race in EQ I.

  8. #88
    I also think they are cool. I will definitely be making one

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    I love quaggan, they're the cutest things ever. Like grey beluga whales or some short-nosed dolphin.
    Have you heard the quaggan swimming song?

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by yoomi View Post
    butbut.. so cute :3

    That's one hell of a (fan?)art.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker87 View Post
    Have you heard the quaggan swimming song?
    Nope, why? :O
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker87 View Post
    Have you heard the quaggan swimming song?
    I listened to it all summer long. It's not at all hypnotising, it makes you strong.

  13. #93
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    I really hope Asura get to have Quaggan as a racial sympathy choice
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-08-22 at 08:07 PM.

  14. #94
    Too bad for you then, because you'll be missing out on a great game.
    When in doubt, mumble...

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Biske View Post
    Nope, why? :O
    Here it is, looped for one hour. I bet you can't make it 5 mins lol.

    http://youtu.be/oZdvDKuJE8Q
    Last edited by Lurker87; 2012-08-22 at 08:08 PM.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by ajoram View Post
    Even though all my friends keep telling me about how awesome GW2 is going to be, I have to facepalm everytime I see a screenshot of an Asura...

    It has to be the most ugly, stupid-looking race I've ever seen in any game I've ever played.

    As much as I would like to join my friends in GW2 I just can't get over it....
    I feel the same way but you can choose from other races and play with your friends just fine.
    The Mists of Pandaria coming on September 25

  17. #97
    Herald of the Titans Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    2,961
    Haven't really followed GW2, but that's certainly not what I expected to see when I clicked on this thread on the main page. In Hindu and Buddhist cosmology, asuras are big, warring demons with six arms.

    These guys remind me a lot of Stitch, with a hint of FFXI tarutaru thrown in.

    +


    The hylek guy looks cool, though. I always wanted to play a froglok in Everquest but never got the expansion that unlocked them.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2012-08-22 at 08:11 PM.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I really hope Asura get to have Quaggan as a racial sympathy choice
    That would be my choice for sympathy. Too bad there cant be Sylvari racial sympathy, I would like to make up for the Asura torturing the first Sylvari they met, in the belief it was just a new plant sort to be experimented with.

  19. #99
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    I feel the same way but you can choose from other races
    Exactly. It always amuses me that people don't understand that the reason MMO's have wildly varied races is so that hopefully everyone will find a race that appeals to them.

  20. #100
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,186
    Personally I dont like the little runts, I have this urge to punt them....

    But meh, I just wont play one. Sylvari will be my go to race, though I plan on charr and humans too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •