Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Put aside the fact that your position is frankly patronizing and mildly elitist. The simple fact is that blizzard ALSO ACKNOWLEDGED a lack of end game and is enabling people. Paragon isn't really a great solution for this but it's their attempt to solve it at any rate.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 07:42 PM ----------

Magic find will simply make you find more crap more often. People roll with tonnes of magic find now and generally just find more crap. It's not a very good system for keeping people playing when all they get is crap. Same with Gold Find. Giving people 3% to GF and MF each paragon level, isn't really interesting because well it doesn't give them a sense of power or progression. it's not a very deep system in any sense. LvL 99 in diablo kinda was but that was because it gave you a talent point as well and it also let you pick where the stats go. That gave it overall a much more meaningful sense of progression and was a much better carrot. I guess I'm trying to tell you what to think now but yea it is what it is I'll let it be.
    The stat point was useless, you knew where it was going before you got it. And for the talent point it was just a small damage upgrade in one of your synergys.
    The paragon levels give you stat points that also increases your damage. They just took away the illusion that you was making a meaningful choice

Quote Originally Posted by Funt Case View Post
    The stat point was useless, you knew where it was going before you got it. And for the talent point it was just a small damage upgrade in one of your synergys.
    The paragon levels give you stat points that also increases your damage. They just took away the illusion that you was making a meaningful choice
    No it wasn't. Not if you liked to experiment and play whacky builds. Also you shouldn't really discount the illusion of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    No it wasn't. Not if you liked to experiment and play whacky builds. Also you shouldn't really discount the illusion of choice.
    The way synergys worked in 2 was that if you picked another spell that you couldnt fill well you just basically made yourself worse. And with stat points it was max stats for gear then all in vit or mana

The way synergys worked in 2 was that if you picked another spell that you couldnt fill well you just basically made yourself worse. And with stat points it was max stats for gear then all in vit or mana
    That wasn't the point really. Picking something or being given the option to pick something is almost always better than not being given the option or having a computer do it. This extends to talents in Diablo 2 at every lvl as well as stat gains and distribution. The dmg gain you got from picking talents was and is far more enticing to a player than being assigned progression by a computer. As it is now you don't get to pick vit or mana, you just get assigned it. Yes I know it's an illusion but a meaningful one and one that gave me the feeling of progression. Instead what you get is a glowing border around your dude...
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-08-22 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    Each level of Paragon gives you 3% Magic find, 3% Gold Find, and a boost in base stat.

How is that bad? at level 100 paragon (not obtainable for a while, i understand this) people will be able to run full DPS set and not NEED MF gear, becasuse they will cap out from paragon. (300% plus 75% from NV)

Thats bad how?

i agree the changes are too late. the game should have SHIPPED like this. but, really, the changes are good. im enjoying playing my Tank barb again (yes i play a tank barb because i like the tanky feeling) my Wizzard is wrecking things again, i get more drops, and therefore more chance for good drops. and with more drops hitting the market supply will rise, demand will level off, and the price will come down to something thats reasonable. these, imo, are all good things.

i just don't get why so many people that have "given up" on diablo 3 keep posting about it and complaining about it and arguing about it and etc. it really seems like there complaining just to hear themselves complain.
    I didnt give up, i just got sucked back into wow. I finished normal and stopped. Guess working so much doesnt help my gameig
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you.
    Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

3 primary stat points on a pool of 2000 is game changing? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    3 primary stat points on a pool of 2000 is game changing? Seriously?
    300ish man stat at 99 a decent amount

300ish man stat at 99 a decent amount
    No one will make it to 100. Most will get to around lvl 20 if they dont burn out sooner.

297 main stat at 99, getting from 99-100 should take you around a year if your playing every day 8 hours.

Id much rather have 700 dex over 300 dex, 200str and 200 intel. 20 resist all and .2% armor isnt donig much for me. Vitality is kinda usefull, i dont mind that one. But its not making a difference against some things in a3 or all of a4 when im getting overkilled by 25k.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-08-22 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    No one will make it to 100. Most will get to around lvl 20 if they dont burn out sooner.
    People are already at 20 paragon, most likely. If not today, then tomorrow. I was watching a US player on twitch some 13 hours ago or so, and he was on 13 paragon. Inferno monsters give loads more experience than hell monsters did.

I'm not saying people will be 100 paragon that fast, but it's more than obvious plenty will get there. I'm just saying 20 paragon is nothing.

It does the one thing that the game was really missing for me - a sense of progression outside of the loot grind. Even if my loot from a run is awful, I've gained Paragon experience. That's pretty cool.

That, and now finding a legendary can be really exciting.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-08-22 at 08:27 PM.

Deleted
    My intrest came back, and left in a flash.

same here .

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    People are already at 20 paragon, most likely. If not today, then tomorrow. I was watching a US player on twitch some 13 hours ago or so, and he was on 13 paragon. Inferno monsters give loads more experience than hell monsters did.

I'm not saying people will be 100 paragon that fast, but it's more than obvious plenty will get there. I'm just saying 20 paragon is nothing.
    http://www.diabloprogress.com/

Only 111 people are lvl10 or higher.

Btw what paragon lvl are you currently?

I dont think you understand how much xp is actually need to lvl past 50.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-08-22 at 08:53 PM.

Deleted
    Most will get to around lvl 20 if they dont burn out sooner.
    People are already at 20 paragon, most likely. If not today, then tomorrow.
    http://www.diabloprogress.com/
    According to that site, since it was brought up, there's a character called Alkaizer at paragon level 19. What did I say?

I dont think you understand how much xp is actually need to lvl past 50.
    http://www.diablofans.com/news/1320-...vel-exp-chart/

Pretty easy to read from there. 10.5 billion. As I said before, paragon level 20 is nothing.

Btw what paragon lvl are you currently?
    EU player, a couple of my characters have a few levels. I guess I could have a guy at level 10 or something by now. No rush.

Will anyone get 100? Of course. It might take Blizzard nerfing the XP requirements, but some will get to 100 eventually.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-08-22 at 09:04 PM.

"People are already at 20 paragon
    According to that site, since it was brought up, there's a character called Alkaizer at paragon level 19. What did I say?"

You said someone was at lvl 20, no one is at lvl 20. So one person out of 7million is almost level 20 and you have proven a point?

"EU player, a couple of my characters have a few levels. I guess I could have a guy at level 10 or something by now. No rush."

A simple number is fine.

I think most people feel like the op. I still have the same two people online as last week, no one new/old came back.
    Last edited by chadwix; 2012-08-22 at 09:13 PM.

Deleted
    You said someone was at lvl 20, no one is at lvl 20. So one person out of 7million is almost level 20 and you have proven a point?
    Sigh...

People are already at 20 paragon, most likely. If not today, then tomorrow.
    See the part where I say "most likely", and "if not today, then tomorrow"?

A simple number is fine.
    I'm not into comparing sizes with people on the internet. If you don't understand what "a couple" characters having "a few" levels means, then that's no problem of mine.

Ive asked you twice for your paragon level, instead of answering a very simple question you rambled. If i ask you what 2+2 is are you going to give me the run around or just answer?

Ya someone will eventually hit lvl20, what a brilliant point, lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Enemyarms View Post
    I didnt give up, i just got sucked back into wow. I finished normal and stopped. Guess working so much doesnt help my gameig
    out of curiosity is that a disgused "i have a job" insult, a "your just a kid" insult, or a "im too buisy with a real life. you should get one" insult? im honestly curious, as there really isnt another reason i can see for this response.

FYI: i work full time (and have a great job that allows internet access at work), im in my late Twenties, and i have a life and girlfriend who is also a gamer.

so really, all of your inults are moot. it it was insults, that its.

as for wow, i still do all my raids each week on my main (402 iLvl Bear tank, 6/8 heroic 10 man, not bad for out little dead backwater server.) but i spend most of the rest of my time in Skyrim, Diablo 3 or TF2 MvM
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

also paragon could be so much more rewarding then just stats and MF GF they could implement like every 10 levels of paragon an increased chance something like 2% to find a uniqe/legendary item i mean paragon lvl 100 and 10% chance to find a uniqe item aint that op they could do so much more with this but oh well thanks kripparian 4 this system anyways get something to do now even if loot still sucks balls
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2012-08-22 at 09:37 PM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Hate to break this to you, but http://www.diabloprogress.com/ theres allready people hitting 20 paragon level.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 burned down my crops and destroyed my home!