Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why the Gold Nerf to old Raids will make Old Raids more profitable.

Well lets start this off with this ofcourse only my THEORY:

The Gold Nerf will stop a lot of people from doing old raids, this is what i keep seeing and reading and hopefully this is true. If this is true then the mats that drop from old raids will shoot up in price, Dark iron Bars, orbs, BWL elementium, Clothes and AOE loot will speed the runs up ALOT. The items will still have the vendor value for the BOP's Which will still help with gold made from raids and dungeons and the greens and blue de value should go up due to drop in people running it.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Well lets start this off with this ofcourse only my THEORY:
    The Gold Nerf will stop a lot of people from doing old raids, this is what i keep seeing and reading and hopefully this is true. If this is true then the mats that drop from old raids will shoot up in price, Dark iron Bars, orbs, BWL elementium, Clothes and AOE loot will speed the runs up ALOT. The items will still have the vendor value for the BOP's Which will still help with gold made from raids and dungeons and the greens and blue de value should go up due to drop in people running it.
    Okay, so the 3 vanilla raids are going to go up (notreally), while the other 40 raids in the game are nerfed and don't drop enough gold to repair a level 11.
    Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    Okay, so the 3 vanilla raids are going to go up (notreally), while the other 40 raids in the game are nerfed and don't drop enough gold to repair a level 11.
    Cool.
    What raids are you talking about because icc the first boss if he dropped ZERO GOLD his items alone are worth like 40-60g.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Cloth and de items will skyrocket greens and blues will be worth a ton through de mats because no one will go to northend to just farm these because people are lazy. Making trash pretty valuable.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    I think the gold nerf will make little difference to the price of old mats. More people than ever are running these places purely for transmog reasons.

Deleted
    Just because the gold element will drop doesnt mean the price of the mats rise. there has to be an increased demand for the items and use for them in the first place. Still old raids and old mats. Transmog hasnt taken off everywhere.

You say the price will go up in blues and greend to de, but then people will also be running old dungeons and old conetnt when leveling pandas, so there will be increased supply. Your theory is only partial , flawed and thus wrong.

I still get alot of money from Bloods of the Mountain from Molten Core which gives like 250 g from bosses.

That makes no sense. If anything prices will drop like a rock with the stat inflation and aoe looting. Especially frostweave, which is still pretty lucrative atm, will become one of the cheapest cloths just like netherweave. Also MC drops will only get even cheaper, not more expensive, the more expansions come out.

Most people that have consistently played and raided through Cataclysm should have too much gold for any of it to matter. Fixing the economy is one of the many things Blizzard seems to be trying to do for this next expansion and this is a good start.

Old Raids still hold value because of Transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowe View Post
    noone goes raid's for green/blue trashloot. Heroic's are much more valueable. And cloth's, is that even something worth?
    Level 60 green BoE's (useful for transmog as well as enchanting) only drop elsewhere in BRS. Even then, they aren't as high level as the raid greens. People already make a killing off these things now. The OP is right about this probably, no idea about some of the other items.
    Last edited by Future; 2012-08-22 at 11:15 PM.
    Shadows are cruel.

Apart from elementium ore for TF your arguments are mostly wrong.
    ALL the blue rep items from MC are near worthless.
    The amount of people giving a damn about the rep are vast in the minority compared to the people that farm it.
    AoE loot will only decrease their worth since people will still be doing MC for TF/Sulfaras.

Dark Iron is hardly used AND searing gorge has a good amount of spawns iirc.

Cloth might shoot up in price but raids are not the place to farm that, really.

Plenty of ppl farm old mats on lvl capped toons and others farm while lvling up. There isn't much demand for the older mats too so the supply is easy enough for a server with any activity to fill.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what? lol

aoe looting will increase the market value of raid mats...? Okay.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Wait, what? lol

aoe looting will increase the market value of raid mats...? Okay.
    Its due to people who will stop doing old raids because they think its not worth their time, and its a supply and demand issue, plenty and plenty of people will be making new toons and new toons need things and all new toons need Bags, and bags take cloth to make and alot of toon will lvl tailoring. If you have never lvled tailoring before, it takes a stupid amount of cloth and currently i would say alot of these stacks of cloth come from people going for transmog and soloing old raids. Transmog should die down alot people dont have the spare time they had at the end of cata with the DS lull going on. There are too many current things to do in mop and since the gold being nerfed will stop the people who think boss gold is the only way to make gold.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mascotte View Post
    Dark Iron is hardly used AND searing gorge has a good amount of spawns iirc.
    The nodes in Searing Gorge have been removed for a while now. The only place to get it is in BRD and MC. I have sold many dark iron blacksmithing weapons over the past several months at a very nice profit. Four of my toons are miners so I tend to get a lot of ore

Some of the more desirable Vanilla xmog green loot drops in the lvl 60 raids....sometimes I've made more off the greens (and some blues) than I did from the bosses and vendor trash. I got two of the glorious breastplates out of one AQ20 run and sold them both for 10k each...though it took a couple weeks to sell them...but I'm very patient.

I've gotten TF and HoR on a couple toons....I even got an eye of sulfuras on my spriest on back to back runs grrrr....but will continue to run MC for fun and won't skip all the trash. Now I only kill the Molten Destroyers for blood of the mountain and mobs covering dark iron ore nodes then skip the rest.

Illusion dust can garner outrageous prices. I actually sold a stack for 500g cuz no one else had any up and many other times have sold stacks for 250-300g when I timed it right.

I really don't think it'll change much one way or the other. People have had time to run these old raids for quite some time now during the end of xpac lull and are probably sick of it. There will still be some that are hardheaded like me and keep doing it for kicks and giggles but not enough to affect the AH.
    Last edited by a1derful1; 2012-08-23 at 09:09 PM.
    The first explanation means you don't know. The second means you don't understand. The third means you can't accept the answer.

15+ Year Old Account
    wait so u guys are saying they are nerfing old raids so the bosses drop 0 gold?

Deleted
    The gold nerf is reasonable for content from wotlk and down which will be very easy in mists, however there should be a bigger chunk of gold dropping from content that actually will put demands on the player to be able to solo ( cataclysm raids + its heroic counterparts.) since there will be an actual need for repair gold in those.

With gold reduced fewer people will run the raids, which means less mats on the market against an unchanged demand which leads to higher prices, it will go up.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-08-23 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    wait so u guys are saying they are nerfing old raids so the bosses drop 0 gold?
    No, bosses will drop loot based on the number of players in the raid.

Let's say a boss currently drops 300 gold now in a 10-man raid. If 1 person soloes it, they'll loot 30 gold from the boss.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    so if a 40man raid boss currently drops 160g, if 1 man solos it, it will drop 4g?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    so if a 40man raid boss currently drops 160g, if 1 man solos it, it will drop 4g?
    yes ... 10 chars
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.