Thread: Zhaitan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noxal View Post
    If that is Zhaitan what is the purple glowing dragon then ive seen in several videos or pictures?
    The shatterer, minon of Kralkatorik.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilut View Post
    Not until they see it realized in game. How the hell are we supposed to fight that? Shoot Asuras at it with catapults?
    asuras would be much too weak better launch norn instead
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to bet it will be a fight similar to when you fight Sin in FFX. Like, we'll probably go inside Zhaitan, kill monsters/bosses inside him until we reach either the heart or the Achilles heel. Meanwhile airships will be firing at him on the outside keeping him busy and killing the dragons that come off him. If it turns out to be something like that, I'll be a super duper happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    I'm willing to bet it will be a fight similar to when you fight Sin in FFX. Like, we'll probably go inside Zhaitan, kill monsters/bosses inside him until we reach either the heart or the Achilles heel. Meanwhile airships will be firing at him on the outside keeping him busy and killing the dragons that come off him. If it turns out to be something like that, I'll be a super duper happy camper.
    Maybe Zhaitan himself will be a mini-dungeon. I never thought about that. Would make sense I guess, defeat the dragon parts that keep him together.
    Last edited by Lurker87; 2012-08-23 at 02:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    When you put it that way it does sound cool the last dungeon is gonna be inside of zhaitan's stomach.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker87 View Post
    Maybe Zhaitan himself will be a mini-dungeon. I never thought about that. Would make sense I guess, defeat the dragon parts that keep him together.
    I'm putting my money on this. There's no way 5 people could fight the entire dragon by themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    My body is not ready!!

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

I'm convinsed we'll be supported by lots of NPCs...at least in the initial phases. Somehow he'll have to be weakened. And fought in an individual area/smaller state. Whatever that is...his mind...using pale tree magic to cure and dissolve his undeath....who knows.
    But it's gonna be epic

10+ Year Old Account
    anet has said that all 3 orders will work together to defeat the dragon

now then, since the order of whisper philosophy is that the dragons cant be killed and must be imprisoned we can assume that killing zhaitan is out of the question, otherwise the whispers would have no point being there. in addition we know that the dragons waking up is cyclical and periodic. therefore we should expect the story to be something along the lines of vigil fighting off minions, the priory finding/using an ancient artifact to help the whispers put zhaitan back to sleep. thats pretty much the only thing that will give equal spotlight to all 3 orders
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

I dunno, Glint seemed pretty determined that Kralk could die. Order may think the dragons can't be killed, doesn't mean they're right.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I dunno, Glint seemed pretty determined that Kralk could die. Order may think the dragons can't be killed, doesn't mean they're right.
    but if the whispers are wrong then they are irrelevant

at least if the vigil is wrong they can still fight the minions or even weaken the elders themselves

at the very least since zhaitan is baby's first (elder) dragon we'll probably end up putting him to sleep instead of killing him since we wouldnt have the experience of killing off one of them
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-08-23 at 04:07 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    but if the whispers are wrong then they are irrelevant

at least if the vigil is wrong they can still fight the minions or even weaken the elders themselves
    The Whispers being wrong doesn't mean they're irrelevant. Maybe they succeed in finding some Snaff-like way to subdue the dragons in an attempt to put them to sleep, and the Vigil lands a killing blow? Them being wrong doesn't mean they sit the fight out.

And still, Glint > Order. Glint says they're killable, 'nuff said.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

people, don't make the mistake and expect dragons this big in the game. It's concept art. We have seen zhaitan ingame already, he is pretty big but not this way.

0:33 you can see him fly by the airship

you can also see all the small dragonheads on his head:

we have seen this doors ingame, they are not nearly the same. And this is totally fine, why should they. It's art after all, art isn't supposed to be 1:1 the original.
    I love the version of the ingame dragon (and the ebonhawke doors and everything else).

didn't they say one of the last dungeons would be to go and face zhaitan?

I just can't imagine fighting a dragon of that size, spending 10mins chipping away at a tooth that takes up the entire screen?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    didn't they say one of the last dungeons would be to go and face zhaitan?

I just can't imagine fighting a dragon of that size, spending 10mins chipping away at a tooth that takes up the entire screen?
    I never meant fighting a tooth, I meant the pieces of dragons that hold him together. They said we would fight him in one of that last dungeons which is probably Arah but they never said HOW it would be done. Going inside him COULD be one way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    The Whispers being wrong doesn't mean they're irrelevant. Maybe they succeed in finding some Snaff-like way to subdue the dragons in an attempt to put them to sleep, and the Vigil lands a killing blow? Them being wrong doesn't mean they sit the fight out.

And still, Glint > Order. Glint says they're killable, 'nuff said.
    Whispers put him to sleep and the Vigil lands the killing blow. Didn't think about that, but what about the Durmond Priory? Maybe their ancient knowledge was from Glint? I honestly don't know much about this part of the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh.... my effing god hes awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    I never meant fighting a tooth, I meant the pieces of dragons that hold him together. They said we would fight him in one of that last dungeons which is probably Arah but they never said HOW it would be done. Going inside him COULD be one way.

Whispers put him to sleep and the Vigil lands the killing blow. Didn't think about that, but what about the Durmond Priory? Maybe their ancient knowledge was from Glint? I honestly don't know much about this part of the lore.
    i'm going to guess that the Durmond Priory will uncover the means to not only put him to sleep but to also kill him, IE they find the artifacts because they don't like fighting, and then the Whispers and Vigil use said artifacts to kill the dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

[MAJOR SPOILERS INSIDE THESE LINKS! TREAD CAREFULLY YOUNG TYRIANS]
    http://i.imgur.com/fmktS.jpg
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=ro
    http://pastebin.com/GThME4yE

Here is a description of Zhaitan and previous fights by a person who was in the alpha.
    Don't know if they're legitimate. So far, he sounds factual.

EDIT: If he is telling the truth, then the dragon you see in the "Get Ready" trailer might actually be a boss before Zhaitan. A dragon ripped from Zhaitain's lower jaw. The alpha tester describes this dragon as a "warm up" for Zhaitan.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-23 at 03:30 PM.

My second thought wasn't in reply to what you said I was merely thinking aloud. I can't wait to find out how they are going to do it.

It's him, since he's made of other dragons.