Thread: Women in GW2

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Women in GW2

So, women have a quite healthy representative force in GW2

In GW we had a lot of good ones, but mostly henchs and heros for the group, not that much in "major lore" that popped now and again.

And now in GW2 we have the Queen for the humans, Charrs had the pyre descendent that gave equal rights for the females, Norns have Eir, Asura have Zojja, Sylvare have Caithe and the Pale Tree.

Im glad to see such a good amount of heroines in the game, did i forget someone?
    Last edited by Vahaal; 2012-08-22 at 10:54 PM.

Women is already the plural of woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Killeen (sob*). I was so mad.....seriously.

General Almorra of the Vigil is also female. (Charr)

Deleted
    No Hero, but Faolain is also an important figure
    Last edited by mmoc5babf89286; 2012-08-22 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    Women is already the plural of woman.
    So sorry, english is not my first language ^^'

and i think i cant edit the thread name... Oooooops!
    Last edited by Vahaal; 2012-08-22 at 10:57 PM.

Ember Doomforge is my bff.

Deleted
    There were quite a lot of female major characters in gw1 also, Evennia, Saidra, Princess Salma and Kormir for example.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vahaal View Post
    So sorry, english is not my first language ^^'
    That's forgivable

And yes, I did notice that too. With Eir and Zojja being "strong" female characters. Only the personal story will reveal how good of a female character they will be though. I have my hopes.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Of the 6 gods, 4 of them are female.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    No Hero, but Faolain is also an important figure
    Soon used to be, I'm going to cut her head off on my norn warrior.

I think its important that not only there is a healthy number of women on the game, its equally important what they do. In this regard Blizzard has consistently dropped the ball on wow. Any woman important to be named is either a crazy bitch (Maiev, Sylvannas, and now Jaina T_T may the cruel soul who decided to make her Sylvannas 2.0 be attacked by a bunch of kittens), or is the shadow of a man (Tyrande, Aggra, and so many more.)

IF there is a woman who is neither a crazy homicidal bitch, nor unhealthily dependent of a man, chances are she's either killed off (Lillian Voss) or she'll never be heard of or mentioned again (Gorgonna, Aponi, Liandrin, and Zaela Dragonmaw.)

I'm seriously hoping this isn't the case on GW2. Admittedly, I'm not yet familiar enough with the lore to know if there's great women in the history of this game, but I'm hoping there are.
    Last edited by Derah; 2012-08-22 at 11:37 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    I do believe there are a few women in Destiny's Edge hero group, the group of npc's in original guild wars lore that are the 1 that get mentioned in Lore a lot about theyre deeds

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Any woman important to be named is either a crazy bitch (Maiev, Sylvannas, and now Jaina T_T may the cruel soul who decided to make her Sylvannas 2.0 be attacked by a bunch of kittens)
    Not true. That was rumors/speculation/hints. She only temporarily has a fit.

Guild Wars had quite a few significant females as it is. Off the top of my head, Prophecies had Evennia as the leader of the Shining Blade and Nightfall had Kormir and Varesh as two of the main protagonists/antagonists.

Quote Originally Posted by noxal View Post
    I do believe there are a few women in Destiny's Edge hero group, the group of npc's in original guild wars lore that are the 1 that get mentioned in Lore a lot about theyre deeds
    3 among 5(6)

Eir Caithe and Zojja
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2012-08-23 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Guild Wars had quite a few significant females as it is. Off the top of my head, Prophecies had Evennia as the leader of the Shining Blade and Nightfall had Kormir and Varesh as two of the main protagonists/antagonists.
    There is also Jora and liva from EOTN, Gwen and captain langmar, Several somewhat minor/moderate characters from the factions line as well Danika for example. There was also queen Salma who is the ancestor of the GW2 era human queen. Salma was central to the war in kryta arch even if you were not directly interacting with her all that often. Overall I'd say Anet does a prety good job of portraying strong women in important roles. It may not be a 50/50 split between male and female but in all honesty its somewhat difficult to do that in fantasy storytelling without it feeling a bit forced.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    Ghosts of Ascalon also had 3 strong female characters. And they all had a healthy amount of depth. And they were from different races. Killeen was a good introduction to sylvari, and the female charr was equally multifaceted.
    Another female chaar hat a minor role as a commander of one of the three organisations you can later choose in your story.
    Did I mention Rytlock is perhaps the grandfather of the female chaar protagonist?

Livia was one of the only good heroes. Actually the best one. Kinda ridiculous she could solo most things. Jora Fatbutt... no.

Deleted
    I'd have to nominate Gwen for strongest female character in the GW universe to be quite honest with you.
    - Suffered me shouting 'JUST LEAVE ME ALONE' in pre-searing
    - Her flute was broken in pre-searing
    - Witnessed the searing as a child and lived
    - Got captured by the Charr and escaped. Alone. Helped some ghosts on the way.
    - Came to live in the Eye of the North. It's fupping freezing up there.
    - Follows you around anywhere you go after you unlock her as a hero (and why wouldn't you? Mesmer heroes are so good at timing interrupts it's not even funny)
    - Her descendant ended up being Logan Thackeray, who nobody likes (that's got to be embarassing for her ghost)
    - Is a minipet that was the only minipet that could die before it was patched out.

I mean come on. Most of the heroes in fantasy worlds would've given up on life after the first few points.

Loved to use Livia in GW, and Xandra.

And Gwen, not a fan of her since the Hearts of North Quest (More a Miku Fan right now).

/Hugs Gwen-chan

nono, you i love
    Last edited by Vahaal; 2012-08-23 at 12:35 AM.

Deleted
    I too like Heroine.