Thread: Women in GW2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    All of those names i still remember from my time in GW1 . Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    I mean come on. Most of the heroes in fantasy worlds would've given up on life after the first few points.
    Indeed, but she did like to remind everyone of how she had suffered. Kind of like a vegan, letting you know of how he doesn't eat anything normal people would.
    I still liked her tho. Even if she was a massive cow more often than not. NO YOU WILL NOT MURDER PYRE, GWEN! NOT ON MY WATCH D:<

Eir reminds me of Lucy Lawless, my childhood heroine:

Last edited by ThisWillNotStand; 2012-08-23 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    chances are she's either killed off (Lillian Voss)
    Wait, they killed her? Last I heard of her was Tirisfal, and then we never heard from her again.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Lillian Voss will be a boss encounter in scholo, Mind controlled btw.

I dont remember to kill her there, but you never know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    Ghosts of Ascalon also had 3 strong female characters. And they all had a healthy amount of depth. And they were from different races. Killeen was a good introduction to sylvari, and the female charr was equally multifaceted.
    Another female chaar hat a minor role as a commander of one of the three organisations you can later choose in your story.
    Did I mention Rytlock is perhaps the grandfather of the female chaar protagonist?
    Almorra Soulkeeper is Ember's grandmother. It really isn't implied that Rytlock is the grandfather- just that he knows Almorra.

Her story is pretty awesome- she survived the Dragonbrand- the only one of her warband to not be corrupted. She was a legionnaire for the blood legion, and then founded the Vigil.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Wait, they killed her? Last I heard of her was Tirisfal, and then we never heard from her again.
    And we indeed never do hear from her again. Until MoP that is. She's a big quest-giver for the revamped SM, and makes her final appereance on Scholo.

(Spoilers) where she tries to kill the grandmaster of the school of necromancy, but fails and is mind-controlled. We then have to put her down. So sad, she was a character with some potential, but the cries of some people screaming MARY SUE! proved to be too much and now they're killing her.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 11:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Not true. That was rumors/speculation/hints. She only temporarily has a fit.
    Not that I don't trust your word, but do you have any proof?

in the book of Tides of War, she goes pretty much berserk, admittedly, those were unofficial spoilers, so I also have no way to know if those are true either

Either way, have you seen any evidence of her returning to her diplomatic old self?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Shostie View Post
    Of the 6 gods, 4 of them are female.
    That's why the world is going to shit :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwoe View Post
    Almorra Soulkeeper is Ember's grandmother. It really isn't implied that Rytlock is the grandfather- just that he knows Almorra.

Her story is pretty awesome- she survived the Dragonbrand- the only one of her warband to not be corrupted. She was a legionnaire for the blood legion, and then founded the Vigil.
    I didn't say implied. I just got the feel that rytlock and her grandmother were involved and thus there would be a probability of him being her grandsire. As it is, I have no Idea how Charr handle relationships exactly, but they strike me as the sort without much family bonding really, more the mother-raises-child type.

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I too like Heroine.
    i have brought shame on myself and my family for literally laughing out loud at this :P

Is this thread really necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Is this thread really necessary?
    Is any thread really necessary? I've seen far more frivolous ones pop up one these forums.

Who is John Galt?