Acccount Wide Achievements Guild Ranking

Hey, does anyone know what they are going to do with the achievements tab on the guild page? Currently it sorts every character by achievement points. If it is account wide how will that work? Will each character show the account wide total? Will each character show only what they have earned? Personally I feel that Blizzard needs to go to a system where everyone's battletag is shown in the guild listing, not their characters. When you hover over a battletag it would show what character they are on. That way, everything shown in the guild screen is at the account level.

some people don't want their guild to know their battletag, or all of their toons. Some guilds can be overreaching, a few with good intentions. Sometimes, people just want to play by themselves. If it linked to battletag, you'd bet bothered by your guild if you just wanted to play SC2 or D3, or farm ... or basically do something for yourself or help a friend that isn't into raiding.

It is simple. account wide achievements, account wide total. So instead of my main having 10500 points, it may end up with 12k ... I still earned it. Does it matter which toon, I'm the puppet master controlling the hero, I earned the points, not the toon.

I do know what you are trying to say, people with 11 toons in one guild, may hold the top 11 points ... but it isn't a true competition, and it would be obvious they are the exact same points, and you'd move to the next name on the list for your friendly point battle.

A better solution than using battletags, maybe it could link the names together, player or guild leader can set their 'main', and the alts could be collapseable under the main's name. It seems like the least intrusive to the player. Choice to be left alone when having a bad day and you just want to farm, or just want to play with a different set of friends (I've known people who raid on different servers, and they wouldn't want to be pestered during a raid by some new recruit who may not know any better).
    I use the term 'you' in a general sense. Even if it appears I'm replying to you, I'm 99% of the time generalizing based on your statement. I don't know you, don't care, and most probably never will. If I have an opinion about you, I will PM you, not call you out in public, it is the polite thing to do. Let the forums be about debate, not personal attacks.

I understand how account wide achievements work. My point is that currently in the beta they are not addressing this issue. If I have 1500 account wide points (500 of them come from character A and 1000 come from character B), the roster shows character A - 500 pts, character B - 1000 pts. The people who care about achievement points want to show them off to their friends and if the roster doesn't show that, then either fix it or get rid of it all together. I know people who should be #1 in my guild for achievement points, but aren't due to them being spread across multiple characters. With the patch, I think this will still be the case from the guild roster perspective. Sure, it is nice that your achievement page tells you how many points you have account wide, but a lot of people want others to see this. This same question goes with the wowarmory as well when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by raei View Post
    My point is that currently in the beta they are not addressing this issue. If I have 1500 account wide points (500 of them come from character A and 1000 come from character B), the roster shows character A - 500 pts, character B - 1000 pts.
    I really hope they fix that, and somehow i alwyas just assumed that they would add up all the points - since the achievements are account wide..