Loot Systems Charms of Good Fortune

My guild (25 man) is thinking on using EPGP as our method of distributing loot. Problem is, EPGP doesn't take charms into account. While the chance that the charm will get someone a piece of gear is small, it's still possible. How will your guild handle it? Personally, I was thinking we'd still add in the GP if they win something. I'm hoping that we'll still see them receive the loot in the chat logs, so the price window will still pop up to the loot master or officer that deals with EPGP can still factor it in.

What about guilds using DKP, Suicide Kings, and anything else other than just /roll? How will you handle it?

10+ Year Old Account
    charms should have zero bearing in any guild loot. its not like they could trade the item anyway. it will be a piece that only their class/spec could use. if they win with a charm, should not effect their EPGP status. since it never took away from what loot the boss dropped.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-08-22 at 11:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

why would they pay GP just cus rng decided they will get extra loot from boss

it doesnt effect the guild, they earn it in thier own free time ...
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you ask me, you shouldn't punish the people who work for Charms to get extra chances on loot and then have the audacity to get lucky enough to be blessed by the RNG gods in LFR on top of it. I mean, how dare they work for extra chances! And how dare they get lucky!

Catch what I mean? DKP-stuff should stick to environments where you have control over the loot distribution: your normal/hc guild runs. Not LFR. Next thing you do will be charging DKP for a random world drop that someone gets while killing a mob in front of a raid dungeon while in the raid group and waiting to be swapped in

10+ Year Old Account
    I also don't see why you'd factor in charms at all. Its a small chance to win loot that is personal to you and can't be traded. Its really not much of a difference from someone grinding a rep to get to an item they can use, or spending their VP, or any of the other ways that people can get gear for raiding outside of actual raiding. Its slightly different in that you get actual raid drops, but there's no reason to include that somehow in your guilds loot system in my opinion.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Short and simple answer: It should not factor in the charms. End of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't charms only work in LFR and Dungeons, anyway?

But yeah, if not, why would you penalize them? They earned the charms on their own time and got a personal bonus with absolutely no detriment to anyone else in the guild.

If somebody else lost loot, I could see the problem. But they don't. So I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Don't charms only work in LFR and Dungeons, anyway?
    The tooltip states only "raid encounters". And i also remember the blue-blog post that stated it would work in any difficulty. (It would be pointless for raiders to do dailies without the charms)

Ontopic: How can you even think about having people pay with DKP for what they earned themself? Some people will do all dailies every day to to get the Charms each week, while others won't. In the end you're only penalizing the dedicated players that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    Short and simple answer: It should not factor in the charms. End of.
    This.... i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry to go off topic , but can i use these charms assuming i farmed some to get a mount? from like elegon or the world bosses?

It shouldn't factor in. You, and you alone, have been farming the charms. It has no bearing on the rest of the raid whatsoever whether you decide to crack one open or not.

So you want to penalize someone who grinded for extra chances at loot? You should reward them as well then for doing extra grinding outside of just showing up for raid.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emberess View Post
    sorry to go off topic , but can i use these charms assuming i farmed some to get a mount? from like elegon or the world bosses?
    I don't think so as it is personal loot I think, but you have a possibility to get money/flasks if you don't get loot. If they did factor in even possible mounts that would be crazy :O