Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia

[Ret] Glyph of Word of Glory on enemy doesn't work

Hi all.

So, basically, on the new raid dummies, with Execution Sentence, Holy Avenger, Templar's Verdict as finisher and full on mastery, my dps seems to be the highest, around 55k.

When i use Glyph of Harsh Word along with Glyph of Word of Glory, with Execution Sentence, Holy Avenger, Word of Glory as finisher and full on crit, my dps seems to be around 52k.

Now, the thing is, i noticed that when i use Word of Glory on an enemy target, i don't get the damage bonus. I have a feeling that with an extra 9% during cooldowns and Execution sentence, as well as having it up almost 80% of the time while having no cooldown, i'd deal significantly more than 55k. So, anyone seen this "bug", or simply unreported mechanic yet besides me?

Did you ask about this on the Beta Class Balance Analysis thread?

EDIT: I can't even login to the website.. service is not available. Anyone else getting this problem?
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-08-23 at 12:31 AM.

How hard does TV hit compared to glyphed WoG (aka harsh word)?

I'd be surprised if there is no dps sacrificed in converting your hardest-hitting finisher into a ranged attack-utility vs power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Slonato View Post
    How hard does TV hit compared to glyphed WoG (aka harsh word)?

I'd be surprised if there is no dps sacrificed in converting your hardest-hitting finisher into a ranged attack-utility vs power.
    I'm not sure but it would definitely be balanced out by the 9% extra damage (killed 2 50 million hp abominations, each with the different finisher). The fact WoG can already be used with 1 or 2 Holy Power proportional to 3 is also very good since there are rare moments when you have a full gap enough to fit in 1 global cooldown.

this bug does not bode good for my shockadin
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    this bug does not bode good for my shockadin
    Nice to see it's a real bug then. xD I hope they don't nerf WoG/the 9% extra damage, because at the moment it looks like it'll be more viable than using Templar's Verdict as a finisher.

Edit: And i hope i'm the only one who notices the sheer bizarreness that a healing spell is actually better as a finisher than Templar's Verdict, so i can top dps and pretend i'm a pro.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-08-23 at 01:15 AM.

its only because it scales from weapon damage at 90 so at 85 its not balanced
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I reported this on the prt forum weeks ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    its only because it scales from weapon damage at 90 so at 85 its not balanced
    I may be missing your point here, but i wasn't trying this out at 85.

grr at ghostcrawler

When posting, please remember to contribute to the topic of the thread. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-08-23 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I may be missing your point here, but i wasn't trying this out at 85.
    you were trying it out at 90?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I think I remember a blue post where it was mentioned that this glyph does not work with the harsh words glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    you were trying it out at 90?
    Yupp, on the new dummies in Shattrath. How would i have had 52k/55k dps otherwise? xD

Yupp, on the new dummies in Shattrath. How would i have had 52k/55k dps otherwise? xD
    iits probably still because of weapon damage, plut TV should be better because it procs mastery, blah blah blah melee stuff

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LukashP View Post
    I think I remember a blue post where it was mentioned that this glyph does not work with the harsh words glyph.
    only blue post about harsh words i remember is that it doesnt work with eternal flame because it changes wog
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    iits probably still because of weapon damage, plut TV should be better because it procs mastery, blah blah blah melee stuff

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 01:11 PM ----------

only blue post about harsh words i remember is that it doesnt work with eternal flame because it changes wog
    Also, the 2 Glyphs do work if they're both active, but not when WoG is used on an enemy. If i heal myself with both glyphs active, i get the damage bonus. Another odd thing is that the glyph gives WoG the ability to do damage, and according to the tooltip, approximately equal to the healing it would do on a friendly target. Well, then, why does it heal for around 18k per holy power and deals 12k dmg per holy power, which is also exactly what the tooltip of WoG itself says (and not the Glyph, the glyph says it should be equal).

Also, the 2 Glyphs do work if they're both active, but not when WoG is used on an enemy. If i heal myself with both glyphs active, i get the damage bonus. Another odd thing is that the glyph gives WoG the ability to do damage, and according to the tooltip, approximately equal to the healing it would do on a friendly target. Well, then, why does it heal for around 18k per holy power and deals 12k dmg per holy power, which is also exactly what the tooltip of WoG itself says (and not the Glyph, the glyph says it should be equal).
    Report it to blizzard?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Hi all.

So, basically, on the new raid dummies, with Execution Sentence, Holy Avenger, Templar's Verdict as finisher and full on mastery, my dps seems to be the highest, around 55k.

When i use Glyph of Harsh Word along with Glyph of Word of Glory, with Execution Sentence, Holy Avenger, Word of Glory as finisher and full on crit, my dps seems to be around 52k.

Now, the thing is, i noticed that when i use Word of Glory on an enemy target, i don't get the damage bonus. I have a feeling that with an extra 9% during cooldowns and Execution sentence, as well as having it up almost 80% of the time while having no cooldown, i'd deal significantly more than 55k. So, anyone seen this "bug", or simply unreported mechanic yet besides me?
    From Elitistjerks

The other thing you've observed is important to note:
    Currently Glyph of Harsh Words and Glyph of Word of Glory don't interact with eachother. You can either spend your holy power to heal yourself and get the "Glyph of Word of Glory"-damage buff or attack the target directly and get no buff.
    I'm not sure if I am reading your post correctly, but you seem to be assuming you get the 9% bonus from using WoG as an offensive spell. That is currently not true.

Source - http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t129896-...6/#post2184460
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Yeah that is what he is saying, when you use WOG he is not getting the WoG glyph buff, which would seem to be a bug because glyph of wog says that when you cast it you get 3% damage buff per holy power charge used.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktac View Post
    From Elitistjerks

I'm not sure if I am reading your post correctly, but you seem to be assuming you get the 9% bonus from using WoG as an offensive spell. That is currently not true.

Source - http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t129896-...6/#post2184460
    He's not assuming anything, he's pointing out a bug or a stealth nerf since currently the tooltip does not mention anything about Glyph of WoG not working when WoG is used offensively. It is probably a nerf though since it used to work.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 03:13 PM ----------

Originally it did do about the same amount of damage as healing, however, just a week ago or so, WoG was buffed by another 30%, which seems to bring WoG damage a bit too high for Blizzard's taste, so now the damage is about 70% of the healing. It makes sense because with another 30% damage it might pass TV.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2012-08-23 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    He's not assuming anything, he's pointing out a bug or a stealth nerf.
    Aye, i'm particularly hoping it's just a bug since the tooltip doesn't say anything.