View Poll Results: Did you find this guide helpful and informative?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

161 84.74%
  • No

29 15.26%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    After some more testing on the beta, I have changed some of my thoughts on glyphs and talent choices. Like I mentioned at the top of my guide, this is not near finished and I am working as fast as I can on changing/rewriting things.

@Derevka,

I am so pleased that you found my guide and even commented, you are the person who led me to make a priest and I am thankful for that. Secondly, I would like to thank you for showing me some of the flaws in my "talent" guide. As a writer yourself, you should know that sometimes you do not think of things at first that would render something else you wrote incorrect or flawed in any way. So thanks for pointing that out! Also, thanks for letting me know that some of my logic was wrong and that I needed to show more evidence to prove some of my points. I am working on my "stat weights" section right now and hopefully it will be up soon ( I am not very good at math, so it is taking me some time...). But Thanks again!

Gl, hf! :-d
    Last edited by derevka; 2012-08-23 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    Gl, hf! :-d
    heeeeheeeee <3

The Patient
    If you want any help with mathing out certain aspects (since it's not your strong suit), let me know. I love math =3
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Overwelm View Post
    If you want any help with mathing out certain aspects (since it's not your strong suit), let me know. I love math =3
    Ooooooooohh. I will send you a private message with some of the things I am having difficulties with....sometime soon!

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 08:54 PM ----------

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 08:55 PM ----------

Updated some parts! Still looking for some insight as to how you all like/dislike my guide so far!
    Last edited by Zosyn; 2012-08-25 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ammunae View Post
    Ooooooooohh. I will send you a private message with some of the things I am having difficulties with....sometime soon!

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 08:54 PM ----------

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 08:55 PM ----------

Updated some parts! Still looking for some insight as to how you all like/dislike my guide so far!
    I keep checking everyday, getting better, but I think you need to explain why the different racials are better.
    I play alliance only, so I have NO idea why "Arcane Torrent" is better for Horde Priests.

Also noticed quite a few wrong words/spelling mistake type things.
    When you've done I'll point them out if you'd like (for the sake of perfection, obviously. <3)
    "I'm sorry, but I can't hear you over the sound of how bad ass my discipline priest looks."

Quote Originally Posted by Ammunae View Post
    I have a puppy named Cricket and she is a Corgi.
    Arlee is going to love you

Astroleon.

I would really enjoy some grammer/spellcheck. I am working on getting all of this out so rapidly, I might of forgot some things!!

Some discussion of the baseline abilities would help, just so people are prepared for it. A rundown on the primary spells/rotation for tank vs. raid healing, and if MoP introduces anything new/different to how we do it currently on live.

One of the interesting things about Disc is being able to control and/or reach certain haste breakpoints with Borrowed Time and casting instant spells during that 6 second window. Getting that extra tick from Renew, HoH or extra leech from fiend/bender can be achieved without necessarily having to stack haste to do it. Holy isn't so lucky, and must either have the haste outright, with procs or use the PI talent. It would be great to know how best to utilize abilities like BT, AA, ToT, etc. to maximize effectiveness.

These are some of the things I am investigating leading up to release.

Quick question regarding the cooldowns that you listed, how will Void Shift fit in? Has it been removed and if not, can you use it on a tank (heard of some limitations, which is why I am asking)? Have not heard much about it's current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Boudiccea View Post
    Quick question regarding the cooldowns that you listed, how will Void Shift fit in? Has it been removed and if not, can you use it on a tank (heard of some limitations, which is why I am asking)? Have not heard much about it's current state.
    I totally forgot about this cd. It is still in the game and I will have it updated later today. Thanks for reminding me good example of why this guide is still in construction.

I think you make a mistake comparing mindbender and solace: you forgot to remove the mana you gain from shadowfiend; people who tanke solace doesn't lose shadowfiend, so since mind bender replace shadowfient, you should take in account that people who use solace will also use shadowfiend every 3 minutes.

So the CPM should be lower than 5 casts per minute

Edit: also please don't forget to mention FDCL; i don't know the raw numbers, but i used it on the Beta, and the proc-rate is not so bad; i even got sometimes 3-4 procs in a row; thats a lot of mana you can save; at least if you are a tank-healer.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2012-08-27 at 07:20 AM.

Kudos on the guide and well done on taking the initiative to start writing one.

Something that keeps lingering on my mind is the use of penance; when is it better to cast on the enemy target (for the smart heal, i.e. less overhealing if melee is taking damage) than using it on the tank to keep grace up, which would also amplify the healing done of spells like PoM?

Also, are the heals from atonement affected by the grace buff?

As for my last question, which bosses in MoP take increased damage from HF/Smite at any point during the encounter?

It's a great idea. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I think you make a mistake comparing mindbender and solace: you forgot to remove the mana you gain from shadowfiend; people who tanke solace doesn't lose shadowfiend, so since mind bender replace shadowfient, you should take in account that people who use solace will also use shadowfiend every 3 minutes.

So the CPM should be lower than 5 casts per minute

Edit: also please don't forget to mention FDCL; i don't know the raw numbers, but i used it on the Beta, and the proc-rate is not so bad; i even got sometimes 3-4 procs in a row; thats a lot of mana you can save; at least if you are a tank-healer.
    What is important to take into account when doing the math on this, is that you have to make more than 1 scenario.

If you for example have a 3 min. fight you will most likely only use SF 1 time and most likely mindbender 3 times, if you have a 4 min. fight you however might be able to use SF 2 times and mindbender only 4 times, this has a major influence on the efficiency of Solace. (numbers taken just to illustrate a point nothing more).
    Last edited by Svanlol; 2012-08-27 at 04:50 PM.

Nice guide and all just don't like it Step up. The Dk and paladin version are very clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Nice guide and all just don't like it Step up. The Dk and paladin version are very clean.
    Thanks for the feedback! What would you like to see change in the layout? I am pretty open to layouts for this guide.

With regards to the stat Priority I see you haven't specified it.

Does Mastery stack with DA and spirit shield? i.e. Improve and make them give more shield?

Quote Originally Posted by darassper View Post
    With regards to the stat Priority I see you haven't specified it.

Does Mastery stack with DA and spirit shield? i.e. Improve and make them give more shield?

Yes, Mastery does stack with DA, I am not quite sure about S.Shell yet though, I am still working on that section of my guide.

Cool thanks for the reply

Great Guide btw very helpful!

Another question with regards to DA if it stack like the following eg. PoH hits (for arguments sake) 1000 shield, but mastery of 30% makes it 1300 absorb?

If so and this ALSO works this way with S Shell wouldn't mastery be even stronger than it currently is seeing it now effect 3 spell Pw:S, DA and S Shell where as it previously only did it with DA and Pw:S.

Just a thought (no math backing this of course) and I know you did say your busy finishing that part but though i might as well put it out there
    *Insert awesome/random/funny signature here*