View Poll Results: Did you find this guide helpful and informative?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

161 84.74%
  • No

29 15.26%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darassper View Post
    Grats! You deserve it!
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Interference View Post
    Nice guide, great info
    Thanks so much!!!

---------- Post added 2012-09-18 at 03:53 PM ----------

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am looking for some UI pics to include in my guide. I am also looking for some tips/tricks that you all use to include in my "Healing Strats" section. Thanks for you're submissions!

-Vel

Quote Originally Posted by Ammunae View Post
    [B][I][U][CENTER][COLOR="#FF0000"]
    Addons I Use/Recommend:

Grid:

Power Auras:

Bartender:

Those are really only the two addons that I would recommend someone to have, if they were only going to download a few. Some of the other addons I use are:
    I think you should either change the two to three or say wich of the two addons you higly recommend.
    Oh and you should make your ui picture slightly smaller to get rid of the scrollwheel.

oh and ty for the very nice guide, i learned some stuff from it.

WTB Good UI Screenies!

Good job. Thank`s a lot.

levitate glyph and feather = awsomesause

Ammunae,

Have you found a good amount of Spirit for us Disc Priests? I was sitting at 5k and was still having mana issues...Mindbender is always up and i dont burn PW:S I try and use it every 13 secs for Rapture procs, but still having problems...are we gonna need like 6-7k spirit?

Jeric

Few things to note, Jeric. One, Rapture's cooldown goes from when it last triggered, not when you cast it. If it triggered 10 seconds ago (Even though you cast it 13 seconds ago, your tank dodged that first hit) and your new shield breaks instantly, you won't get a Rapture proc from that new one and burned a lot of mana with zero return.

Secondly, Rapture isn't really a net mana return, and won't be for awhile. Try to look at it as "This shield is going to be really really really cheap".

That said, what's your Heal (or Smite) usage look like? Are you leaning too heavily on your Flash or Greater button? Crossing over cooldowns, when spreading them out could save you casts and therefore mana?

The sweetspot for each Priest is a very different number depending on who they're running with, what content they're running, and their own playstyle.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Jeric,

I am sitting at around 11.3k spirit when I am raiding right now. We are running with a Disc Priest/RDruid and a R. Shammy, so we have a few mana CD's. I am not really using PW:Shield to much because Rapture is a net loss. Hope this helps!

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammunae View Post
    Jeric,

I am sitting at around 11.3k spirit when I am raiding right now. We are running with a Disc Priest/RDruid and a R. Shammy, so we have a few mana CD's. I am not really using PW:Shield to much because Rapture is a net loss. Hope this helps!
    With that much spirit, PW:Shield that procs rapture is your most efficient heal. You should be maximizing it.

Ugh. I was not thinking wen I responded, Chimaera is correct. With the amount of spirit I have, PWShield is the most mana efficient. Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks for the info guys! will let you all know how it goes!

-Jeric

What about build fullyabout attonement?

I hate looking at the PoH and GH casting times, and casting time for Smite (as only castable spell in Attonement) is tempting. I wondered if build Spi > Crit >> Mastery > Haste with dps trinkets would be any good?

I can succesfully complete every 5-man in Pandaria, using only Attonement, so I wondering if it would be viable for raiding too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptoos View Post
    What about build fullyabout attonement?

I hate looking at the PoH and GH casting times, and casting time for Smite (as only castable spell in Attonement) is tempting. I wondered if build Spi > Crit >> Mastery > Haste with dps trinkets would be any good?

I can succesfully complete every 5-man in Pandaria, using only Attonement, so I wondering if it would be viable for raiding too.
    Mhmm its a good question... I think it would be possible for SOME parts of SOME fights. But on fights Like Elegon and Feng the raid wide healing is far to much for just atonement you will need to use PoH and PoM to even hope to keep up with the damage.

I would recommend just using Holy Fire on cd,low mana cost, instant, smart heal,builds Evan stack. What more could you ask for?

Being just atonement I think is just not viable at this stage of raiding maybe if you out gear the fight and want to clear faster you can dps like this.

This is of course my opinion not backed with math ( I hate math)
    *Insert awesome/random/funny signature here*

thank you for share

For a full Atonement build I suggest Haste > Spirit > Crit > Mastery. The extra haste is nice for the DPS out put but this is mostly for using Spirit Shell/Archangel when your healers need you do. Greater haste means more casts, making haste better for Spirit Shell than mastery in theory, however if you're using Spirit Shell on cooldown, or healing being your main requirement, it is much harder to manage your mana around haste, making mastery better (for healing, not straight up Atonement).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uperbia/simple

Staight up haste build :P

Can anyone suggest me a good addon to track Rapture ICD? I tried Needtoknow, but I was unable to make it work.

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodianni View Post
    Can anyone suggest me a good addon to track Rapture ICD? I tried Needtoknow, but I was unable to make it work.
    Ingela's Rapture if you aren't building an aura yourself in something like weak auras.

So raided normal MSV tonight as disc for the first time since mop was released and I feel mana regen we are fine now.

Hell I was top healing out of a resto shammy and resto druid. By top I mean I did 5 million more healing on feng than the resto shammy.

Divine aegis seems to do the majority of my heals though.