Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkuri View Post
    Twitter didn't update that they where having a stress test... until 17 minutes after the test ended.
    The Guild Wars 2 Twitter feed updated about the stress test 5 minutes before it started. It was just a link to the Facebook announcement of the test.

Well of the 12 minutes I got to play of the "stress" test (can it really be called a stress test if its last minute notice late night where there won't be very much "stress"?) I must say the two main issues I was having last BWE have been fixed (probably where in prior stress tests but I work during the week so have not played any since BWE3) the camera distance was much better to where it didn't hurt to look at, and the FPS was MUCH better... BWE3 I was getting 25-40FPS on high settings in regular 2D view, this "stress" test I was getting 70-90FPS in regular 2D view and 45-65FPS with Nvidia 3D stereoscopic view also on high settings.

Looking forward to actually playing Saturday now that it won't be character wipes and so will have more interest in playing then I did during the BWEs since I knew that there would be wipes so didn't want to play too much besides to figure out what class I want to start as once all wiping is done.

Anyone else notice better FPS?

Also I got a purple leather bag, 5 slot (new to me).. Other than that, the little changes I saw were great!

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Anyone else notice better FPS?
    I did... What I find amusing, the blog posts and graph says my card should not be passing 30~ DPS with there hardware detection settings. Yet, I was at 60 FPS the whole time with nearly everything capped out. Exception was Shadows, had to turn those off like I do with a lot of other games.

Meh, I didn't see this until now and I've been awake for 3 hours. :O

Ah well, downloading the files anyhows.
    Last edited by Voidism; 2012-08-23 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkuri View Post
    I did... What I find amusing, the blog posts and graph says my card should not be passing 30~ DPS with there hardware detection settings. Yet, I was at 60 FPS the whole time with nearly everything capped out. Exception was Shadows, had to turn those off like I do with a lot of other games.
    The blog post does not say you should not be passing x FPS, it just says the average FPS for certain setups and drivers, the first thing it shows is how bad Nvidia drivers 301.42 are compared to newer drivers and AVERAGE framerate of x GPU, that is average, it does not take into account drivers and other hardware, for all you know the graphics card you may be using may have a lot of people using a 486 or Pentium 1 dragging the average down a lot and for more modern setups that card may get 80FPS... obviously that is over exaggeration, but the point is the same none the less, it doesn't take into account drivers and hardware for your setup let alone things like people running Nvidia 3D vision or whatever ATIs equivalent is for stereoscopic 3D which will drag down the "frame rate" since it only counts every other frame in that case since its altering between left eye image and right eye image, it just merely averages everyone who uses that specific GPU.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was on vent with my guildies otherwise I would've missed this little ninja stress test haha.
    Valar morghulis

A post from reddit indicates higher level zones were opened and it may have been a quick test of the "live" version of the game. See http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...reenshots_inc/ for 3 screenshots of 70+ stuff (hardly anything except a loading screen and level 70 whatever minotaur calf).

Less than 2 days until it starts! !

Question: Where can I find announcements for these Stress tests and other things? The GW2 site doesnt seem to update much and never announces the stress tests like these. I dont use facebook so thats a no go for me. Any suggestions? Serious ones?

EDIT: I dont mean just fro stress test either. But a site that will have quick announcements about any important ingame things even after launch tomorrow night.
    Last edited by kingkopro; 2012-08-23 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkopro View Post
    Question: Where can I find announcements for these Stress tests and other things? The GW2 site doesnt seem to update much and never announces the stress tests like these. I dont use facebook so thats a no go for me. Any suggestions? Serious ones?
    Their Twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Facebook and Twitter seem to be the place to be for info atm

haha i almost missed it but got to play my mesmer for 30 mins =P can't wait till launch

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only got to try a mesmer until I got stuck in a WvW and couldn't figure out where the portal back home was lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkopro View Post
    But a site that will have quick announcements about any important ingame things even after launch tomorrow night.
    After launch, their forums will be permanently open.