Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,082
    Actually Shirosaki FDCL > Mindbender for tendons. Just save up two SoD procs for the tendon.

  2. #42
    I'd like to note a few things:

    First, I retooled my post to make it more accurate to the test conditions I was using to base results off of. Tendon is DPSable for 20sec (not 23, even though Seal Armor Breach has a 23 sec cast it is not targetable for the first 3 seconds) and we won't have access to the SWD glyph until MoP launches.

    Second, Kilee accurately pointed out over on H2P that Mindbender will be up for each plate lift because of its short cooldown; Shadowfiend will be up for every other plate lift. This means that for overall damage, Mindbender will do 133% the damage of Shadowfiend over the course of the fight.

    I looked at my results with the assumption that you had all cooldowns available at the beginning of the burst phase so that people could get a general idea about how the different options for burst compare side by side without muddying the waters with extra variables, I.E.: how long between burst phases. All of these things have an impact on the results and is why I cannot stress enough: critical thinking skills are under-rated. Just as I say with my Best in Slot lists, this is a tool -- when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. You need to use the tool to help you get to the end goal and not just take one set of results and assume it applies 100% to every situation.

    I'm going to be getting DTR tonight before DS (finally) and thus won't be using FDCL on H: Spine because of MS procs removing DoTs. I'll probably be sticking with Mindbender and ToF. If we end up wiping, I'll swap DTR out and give FDCL + ToF a try to see how it really stacks up / feels.

  3. #43
    Stood in the Fire espoire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Confirmed. Sending supplies.
    Posts
    404
    Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    You know, we're not a "guild". We're a casual raiding group made up of mostly of alts, friends and family members of raiders from several hard-core guilds. We raid once a week, some weeks we have in new people that haven't raided with us before and we have still clear hc DS and have been doing so for months. We do better than many actual raiding guilds in spite of not being one and yet I'm not arrogant enough to look down on people who have yet to kill hc Spine.

    There's really no excuse to be rude to people just because they don't invest as much time, effort, or simply aren't as skilled as you. And yes, some of those people still want to try and do their best, optimizing is fun. Telling them they shouldn't try because the content is irrelevant for anyone that doesn't suck is just being an asshole.
    I guess I should apologize to anyone that read too much into that; I don't think that not being done yet means someone should give up. I'm just a bit surprised that it's still hard for people. Your post really sounds like you're acknowledging the same idea you're decrying when you say "the content is irrelevant for anyone that doesn't suck."

  4. #44
    I asked the question on another thread but got no answer: I used to be the spriest hitting corruptions to kill the grips, but now that MS+MS+MB combo is gone, should I still be the one killing grips? If not, what range will be better spec'ed for that now?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    I asked the question on another thread but got no answer: I used to be the spriest hitting corruptions to kill the grips, but now that MS+MS+MB combo is gone, should I still be the one killing grips? If not, what range will be better spec'ed for that now?
    That combo isn't gone, you just need to glyph mind spike for the mind melt effect on mind blast. If you are spec-ing FDCL and holding two MS before a plate lift, then you will need to use something else. I'm not sure how effective SWP spam would be (?). My guild always has two ranged dps on grip watch, just in case someone is picking their nose or gets targeted themselves. You can also predot/damage the corruption and it counts towards the grip right before the timer expires. Half the time our mage and myself break the grip before it even goes out. It's great.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post

    That combo isn't gone, you just need to glyph mind spike for the mind melt effect on mind blast. If you are spec-ing FDCL and holding two MS before a plate lift, then you will need to use something else. I'm not sure how effective SWP spam would be (?). My guild always has two ranged dps on grip watch, just in case someone is picking their nose or gets targeted themselves. You can also predot/damage the corruption and it counts towards the grip right before the timer expires. Half the time our mage and myself break the grip before it even goes out. It's great.
    MS no longer gives a crit buff on MB regardless of glyphs or talents.

  7. #47
    Exactly, that's what made the MS+MS+MB (or 3xMS+MB) so awesome for grips. But I go back to my question: should I still be the one on grips, or another range?

  8. #48
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    Exactly, that's what made the MS+MS+MB (or 3xMS+MB) so awesome for grips. But I go back to my question: should I still be the one on grips, or another range?
    Any ranged has always been capable of breaking grips so long as they understand the task properly. You are accustomed to doing it so keep doing it.

  9. #49
    You can't be the best at everything. That's just greedy, seriously.

  10. #50
    The Lightbringer Joyful's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweee?
    Posts
    3,067
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    You can't be the best at everything. That's just greedy, seriously.
    Obviously not, but with these changes we're not best at multi dotting, pure AoEing, single target-steady dps or burst...

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Obviously not, but with these changes we're not best at multi dotting, pure AoEing, single target-steady dps or burst...
    If Priests aren't the best at multi-dotting, all 3 warlocks in my raid must really stink... weird. The Shadow Priest in my raid was the most consistent throughout the entire night. The only fight I would've beat him on is Hagara, if I didn't get frozen:

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5b...yze/dd/source/
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-08-29 at 04:46 AM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    If Priests aren't the best at multi-dotting, all 3 warlocks in my raid must really stink... weird. The Shadow Priest in my raid was the most consistent throughout the entire night. The only fight I would've beat him on is Hagara, if I didn't get frozen:

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5b...yze/dd/source/
    Is there some specific reason wol shows these fights as normal?

    Edit: Am I wrong to assume that grimoire of sacrifice is significantly ahead of grimoire of supremacy for multidot fights? All your locks seem to be running with pets.
    Last edited by Celentes; 2012-08-29 at 05:41 AM.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Celentes View Post
    Is there some specific reason wol shows these fights as normal?
    It's a bug with worldoflogs. It's 25H.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celentes View Post
    Edit: Am I wrong to assume that grimoire of sacrifice is significantly ahead of grimoire of supremacy for multidot fights? All your locks seem to be running with pets.
    Could be. They might not have done much preparation.

  14. #54
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    233
    Using Mindbender and PI: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n...?s=6287&e=6889

    Used reforges: Int>Hit>Haste to 3050>Crit>Mastery

    Worked out better than with the old 4 piece. Warlocks are also really good now.

    In general, I felt very strong throughout the night - but that could have been my companions not knowing their new spells and rotations.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •