How to learn conditions/boons icons!

Fun way to learn what conditions and boon icons mean!

Seeing as conditions are such a crucial part of the game, why not test your knowledge of them? In this game you will hopefully become better at recognizing what each condition and boon icon actually mean ^_^
    Good luck and have fun!

http://gw2effects.hostzi.com
    Last edited by Nexrex; 2012-08-23 at 09:06 AM.

I got a 58 but it good fun, and it will help might be back to try it again in the next 2 days

Quote Originally Posted by Zanarkin View Post
    I got a 58 but it good fun, and it will help might be back to try it again in the next 2 days
    Gonna be my time sink until pre purchase head start opens up ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its good fun i found it via the gw2 subreddit awhile back, its a good way to familiarize yourself with the conditions and boons if gw2

Those icons are one of my biggest issues with the game (which is hardly an issue at all tbh) but those icons are very small, a wouldn't mind seeing some floating text option over the target.

Deleted
    Well I will learn =) But I hope they nerf conditions to make pvp viable. Like thieves only using 7 spells, just condition and escape. And seems like condition builds are the way to go atm and makes the game noobish in a way with its "dot and run". The game should reward skills in swapping weapons, thoughts around what utility spells to use and how to use traits and add mobility to that. A one button mash isnt what I expected from this game where you can expect what every profession will do and know exactly what weapons they will use. Also will make e-sport less likely to happen.

Deleted
    I got 110, round 25
    Last edited by mmoc90d9592e92; 2012-08-23 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well I will learn =) But I hope they nerf conditions to make pvp viable. Like thieves only using 7 spells, just condition and escape. And seems like condition builds are the way to go atm and makes the game noobish in a way with its "dot and run". The game should reward skills in swapping weapons, thoughts around what utility spells to use and how to use traits and add mobility to that. A one button mash isnt what I expected from this game where you can expect what every profession will do and know exactly what weapons they will use. Also will make e-sport less likely to happen.
    You do know the meta game will continue to change right?

If everyone is running conditions only, what do you do?

Run condition removal heavy on your team.

When people see that conditions are about worthless, they will change to more hard damage abilities. Since the other teams are running condition removal heavy, they won't be able to deal with burst teams as well.

If conditions are made worthless even before people start using condition removal in team formats. The meta will never really be ABLE to change from spike/burst teams. And that really cheapens the game in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    You do know the meta game will continue to change right?

If everyone is running conditions only, what do you do?

Run condition removal heavy on your team.

When people see that conditions are about worthless, they will change to more hard damage abilities. Since the other teams are running condition removal heavy, they won't be able to deal with burst teams as well.

If conditions are made worthless even before people start using condition removal in team formats. The meta will never really be ABLE to change from spike/burst teams. And that really cheapens the game in my opinion.
    I hope you are right
    But dispelling conditions seems way more limited with cds and number of conditions removed compared to how easy they are to apply. Also noone can heal through them. a thief can apply 10 conditions in 4 seconds, how many can you remove in that time?

Well I can remove them all with Contemplation of Purity on my guardian. Can also use Save Yourself into Contemplation of purity to take a large amount of condition off teammates to myself and remove from myself.

Also go here

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Condition

Scroll down to the section with the skills that remove conditions.

There are tons of ways to remove a LOT of conditions(lots of skills remove everything at once)

I think it's too early to argue for or against any kind of meta game development or trend at this point in time. I mean game didn't even release yet :-P
    So for now all people can do is play around and have fun and maybe get better at noticing what conditions and boons they have at any one point and that's where this nice little game comes in ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well I will learn =) But I hope they nerf conditions to make pvp viable.
    Did you play GW1? ArenaNet is huge on conditions (well they were separated into different groups in that game). How you use conditions, applying them, removing them, usage of boons, all of that is really big with ArenaNet. Once you get used to that as opposed to direct damage being the dominating factor in other games then you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexrex View Post
    I think it's too early to argue for or against any kind of meta game development or trend at this point in time. I mean game didn't even release yet :-P
    So for now all people can do is play around and have fun and maybe get better at noticing what conditions and boons they have at any one point and that's where this nice little game comes in ^_^
    We've had plenty of time playing for a meta game to already start developing from the beta. And it will carry over to live, and continue to change as it always does. So no, its never too "early" to talk about whats been going on, and ways to counter act.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 01:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Did you play GW1? ArenaNet is huge on conditions (well they were separated into different groups in that game). How you use conditions, applying them, removing them, usage of boons, all of that is really big with ArenaNet. Once you get used to that as opposed to direct damage being the dominating factor in other games then you'll be fine.
    Granted its been years since I've played GW1 pvp. There was plenty of spike teams, and doesn't get more direct damage then that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post

Granted its been years since I've played GW1 pvp. There was plenty of spike teams, and doesn't get more direct damage then that lol.
    Well yeah and spikes were a coordinated effort. But the developers said they specifically wanted to get away from spikes in gw2.