Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar

Tomorrow Night's the Night!

I want to clarify something before we go on to discuss anything.
    11:59 OF THE EARLY ACCESS IS THE 24th. It is Tomorrow Night, not the night after.

Lets discuss our plans for early access - What are yours?

Myself? I am rolling on Dragonbrand with a guild that I still haven't been accepted into as of yet, I probably will be today however. Dragonbrand is a server that is going to be elite in WvW, we have already held town halls on Team Speak to discuss the future of the realm, and they are so popular that only guild-masters are allowed to join it, and they livestream it. And it was a full-house, and they seem very keen on their plans to dominate WvW. This excites me, because they really have a good plan to begin it.

And you - What are you doing for the early access?

TIP FOR RESERVING YOUR NAME:

Remember; You can have a last name too, a way I suggest doing it is making a second word after your name, maybe representing who you are, for an example, I will be doing 'Virral Scoots' to reserve my name, and 'Scoots Scoots' to reserve that.
    Last edited by Master Jinora; 2012-08-23 at 01:47 PM.
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

I haven't looked at guilds or the such at all, I'm gonna roll on a compleetely unknown server to me, probably whatever the 'recommended' server is and let the adventure play out from there. Still unsure whether to start necro or guard first but I'll probably ping pong between the two.

According to the Countdown clocks it is tomorrow night 12pm PST minus the 3 hours early start makes it 9pm friday night for US pacific time.
    For Europe it is 5am UK Time/UTC+0 saturday morning and 6am UTC+1 for most of europe.

I will be doing the PVE's right from the start, i already spend 1hour or so last Stress Test playing around with the character creation to figure out how i want my character to look and BWEs what class im gonna play so ill blaze thru that and start playing from 6am till 1am sunday

I managed to get into a nice PVE guild on Far Shiverpeaks just this week and ill be choosing that server as my homeworld
    Last edited by noxal; 2012-08-23 at 10:19 AM.

For most people Launch is sometime between 8am and 10am Saturday morning (or potentially 3hrs earlier...so 5am to 7am)

I'll be at a big gaming Lan (Insomnia i46) with friends and doing an all-nighter Friday night so we can get on our chosen server (Desolation) and get the names we want. Then levelling/exploring together.
    Last edited by Yowser; 2012-08-23 at 10:23 AM.

Already joined a guild but we still haven't decided on a server yet -_-
    Gonna reserve a few names for future characters and then become a hermit next to my PC :P
    ''The only true failure is when you stop trying''.

It'll be early start at 5am for me! Will hopefully get a few hours in before the missus even wakes up...

Will be rocking a human mesmer and hoping to hook up with my new guild on gunnar's hold!

Anyone know what time it Starts for Aussie/NZ Players?

Quote Originally Posted by Skord View Post
    Anyone know what time it Starts for Aussie/NZ Players?
    http://gw2status.com/

"Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Kazzak EU

I have a server picked out and some people I'm going to be on Mumble with.

I shall log in, create my albino charr, and start elementalizing the area. Hoping to get to ~35 and try AC before the end of the weekend, but we will see how busy it is.

Well my server is picked, i have a list of 16 fave names/names i added as bonus in case faves are gone. Will log in and save 5 of those then , go back and delete first one(Names are saved 24hrs after deletion - woop) to make my main properly and take my sweet ass time, then i plan to get totally excited that I'm playing with no time restraints BRING IT ON!

Man it would be awesome if they started the additional 3 hours earlier because I don't think I can make it to 3 am
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series | EVGA GTX 780SC with ACX cooler| Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung 840 256GB| Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB |Western Digital 1 TB Black | CM Hyper 212 Evo (with a push/pull config) | Fractal Design Arc Midi | SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze | Corsair K60 | Razor Naga |JVC HARX900 | BenQ RL2455 | Samsung Syncmaster S24B300

Saturday 8am for us Scots! Unless I am mistaken?

For me, launchtime is tuesday or wednesday. No early access and the distributor messed up with the collectors edition. -.-

Tomorrow night's the night. And it's going to happen again and again. Has to happen.

Once the servers come on, I'll hit character creation and skip to the end, put in my preferred name, and then delete that character so that the name is saved. Then spend a lot of time with the character creator to create a Charr that I want.

As for the time before the launch, nothing special tbh. If they open up the servers 3 hours early, then it's 09:30 Saturday morning for me...if they don't open it up 3 hours early, then it's 12:30 in the afternoon. So not like I need to lose sleep.

For me, it starts at 7am in the morning (3 hours earlier counted in). Boy, I will be sleeping early tomorrow night
    Pokemon X FC: 1435-4739-8696 Trainer Name: Evershade
    WoW Main

Yeah im gonna stay up till 6am saturday since i usually get to bed round 1-2am anyway shouldnt be to hard to stay up abit more even more so with some preparation and provisions till the next night

It can open up already at 9pm pacific, so yes it is tomorrow night :P For me it is saturday morning though but around 24 hours to it if I remove the sleep time.

Tomorrow night to me is going to bed early, since it seems like it will start at 6 in the morning. Will probably not be a problem since I got major appartment cleaning to do during the day tomorrow and relaxing movie watch in the evening, will be battleship or hunger games.
    When I log in to the game I will spend hours on char creation and name choice and then it's probably trying out builds in spvp. Guilds can wait, will have fun with friends during this weekend and I will check out later which guilds to join
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!