Deleted

Avenger's Shield not hitting nearby targets

I noticed Avenger's Shield is more likely to hit the nearby targets after the first if I start from one on the corner. For example Mob1 - Mob 2 - Mob3 are right next to each other in this order (e.g. Unsleeping trash). Then, if I hit Mob 2, it may not spread in all three. But if I hit Mob1 or Mob3 it may spread because they were in the corners of that arrangement. Has anyone noticed the same? It reminds of a rarer similar behavior of impact of mages, but it may be different.

I think it's always been like that. It's rather annoying but something that I am sure you can use to your advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because it jumps from target to target. Hence if all your targets are 5 yards apart and it has a 8 yard bounce range lets say (all randomly picked numbers) and they're in order 1 - 2 - 3 then it will bounce from 1 to 2, over 5 yards, then 2 to 3, over 5 yards. If you throw it at 2, it bounces 5 yards to 1 but then it would have to bounce 10 yards to 3, which would be too far away for the bounce to occur.

It bounces from its current target to the next one, rather than from the original target to the next one. Hence this occasional splitting. A good paladin tank will know this and act accordingly, bad ones just accept it. Long noticed and well known fact, just easy to fix so people don't cry about it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by I Change My Name View Post
    I think it's always been like that. It's rather annoying but something that I am sure you can use to your advantage.
    Yep, something like not wanting to generate any threat on a specific target in a group, but wanting the attention of all the rest. Can't think of any specific examples, unfortunately, but I know the situation has occurred at some point.

There's also sometimes a fun thing where AS won't bounce to targets not in your line of sight (makes sense for balance and anti-exploit purposes). Potentially useful for similar reasons, like if you're tanking a mob or two that are fine to dps, but one that needs to not really be touched, can turn enough to momentarily get the one out of line of sight. Can't think of any specific examples for this, either, but again I know the situation has arisen in the past.
    Last edited by Elathi; 2012-08-23 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    It's rarely problematic when they aren't exactly in a line but in something like a triangle and do move and it's a bit unpredictable where one would be in relation to the other.