Deleted

Question Cant decide Mesmer or Elemantist???

Hiya guys,

I,m freaking excited for GW2 like al of you!!
    but i cant decide i want to make an asura, but i dont know if i should make a mesmer or elemantist.
    I,m scared that mesmer wont be as good in pvp as people think.
    the reason why i think that is because, i think the ilusion wont trick people after awhile.
    and elemantist seems really cool with so many spells at your disposel.

So what do you guys think, what should i choose?

Deleted
    Whichever you want to play.

Both.

Neither.

Pick any of these answers.

Insert standard "we can't decide for you" responses and "you should play what *you* want to." As Jigain already said.

And if you really need to be told, join a guild that *needs* class X Y or Z.

some people will be dumb and attack Illusions. dont ask me what best relly for Pvp.

play a class you know you going to have fun with. and dont think of what will happen in pvp at this early stage.

Deleted
    First off, it's an elementalist. And no one but yourself can decide what profession you should play, it's such a personal choice.

Deleted
    The correct answer is necro

Deleted
    okay that,s all treu i agree =).
    but i just wonder the ilusions are they gonna trick people in pvp.
    or are people gonna see there patern after awhile and they will be sort of worthless beside for sum dmg =/

Elemantis!
    I want to turn myself in a giant blazing insect! *o*
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by syom View Post
    or are people gonna see there patern after awhile and they will be sort of worthless beside for sum dmg =/
    It'll cause a slight bit of confusion when they appear, but since they're following a very strict rotation (namely, a single spell / ability) and don't move unless they're out of range, past the first ~2 seconds of an illusion's lifespan any decent player should be able to tell they're fake.
    Last edited by mmoc10ec13b383; 2012-08-23 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    could you maybe trick people in thinking you are an ilusion?
    like wukong in lol can stay still and people sometimes think its an ilusion while its actualy really you =)
    i like that mindtrick gameplay

10+ Year Old Account
    You can make heavier control builds with Mesmer or heavier damage builds with Elementalist.

In pvp you can jump in and play an instant 80, try both
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    You shouldn't think illusions only as source of distraction or damage. You want to protect your phantasms (for dps sake), but also closes can be traited to give regeneration, cripple on kill, etc. So, every time enemy sees illusion they need to make decision; do they kill it or leave it.

You should read mesmer & ele threads.
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2012-08-23 at 12:13 PM.

Yeah I'm trying to make the same decision actually. For some reason those 2 professions appealed to me the most. I had a lot of fun with both and will definitely level both, but I'm not sure which one I'll go for first yet.

I'm not sure why everyone's saying stuff like "pick what you want". It's obvious that the OP has decided that he or she wants to play one of these 2 professions but would like some input from peers before going for one or the other. It's like being split between two menu items at a restaurant and asking a friend for an opinion; saying "eat what you want" doesn't provide any extra insight at all.

Deleted
    like wukong in lol can stay still and people sometimes think its an ilusion while its actualy really you =)
    Possibly, but if you use anything but your basic ability, you'll essentially be revealed as a non-illusion. Same if you move. And same if you don't lose ~60% of your health with a single basic attack.

I dunno, I can only speak for myself, but I'm a very analytic person, and such an act wouldn't really fool me for much longer than it would've taken me to confirm it actually is an illusion.

The correct answer is Necromancer/Warrior/Engineer

Deleted
    You can in the heat of the battle.

And you can do stuff like this: