Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can understand Osprey to an extent. I don't use facebook because the three things (or so) I might use it for don't weigh up to all the drama and inconvenience it caused me.
    I also don't use twitter, because I know I'll waste too much time on it, and I already waste enough time on the internet. Also, signing up to twitter for just one company seems silly.
    Not that I care. I missed two minor stress tests. Big deal, right? For all the bigger stuff, I just check here, and that's enough.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Looking at me following them on Twitter, I see... Interview on MSNBC (48 minutes ago), site log-in issues with a headsup about maintenance (53 min and 1h ago), Client issues that may be affecting people 3 hours ago (grey spinning circle, anyone? 3h ago). Notice of a Stress Test itself 4h ago, promo with Alienware 11h ago, clarification of another wipe prior to headstart 20 hours ago. Stress Test info 20 hours ago.

8 tweets in the last 24 hours. Yup, totally blowing up my feed with nonstop spam that has zero relevance to me. Or not.
    Yet only the two out of those eight (seven listed?) are the ones I care about and the others are more or less spam. In addition to that there were a couple of test during the last two days and not a few days between each test which would increase the amount of "spam".

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Thus we are able to extract that using Twitter as a messaging system is n times faster than using emails, where n is an integer equaling the amount of people you want to reach.
    Sure it's faster but that has no impact on the fact that you don't reach all of your customers.
    The point isn't whether to use one method or the other, it's why not offer them both.
    I don't use facebook because I have no need to keep tabs on people I wouldn't care about otherwise, just to pretend I'm social.
    Twitter isn't better as said above. In the example only a quarter of the total post are about the information that I want.
    Even with slower mails I prefer to get the informations from the company itself rather than discovering them by accident on a thrid party site.
    I wouldn't mind if I get the mail an hour later than the corresponding twitter or facebook post. But finding out about that a test happened earlier through mmo-champs 'recent posts' box the next morning because the company couldn't be arsed to send a mail?

I just keep track of stuff here on the fan forums. I strongly dislike "social" media for a variety of reasons. Never felt i was behind in the news or updates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    Yet only the two out of those eight (seven listed?) are the ones I care about and the others are more or less spam. In addition to that there were a couple of test during the last two days and not a few days between each test which would increase the amount of "spam".
    In all honesty, if your time is so valuable that it's a great loss to you to read (or skip) 5-6 messages, maybe you shouldn't be playing games at all. :P

Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    Sure it's faster but that has no impact on the fact that you don't reach all of your customers.
    The point isn't whether to use one method or the other, it's why not offer them both.
    Context, context, context! I said nothing about not sending emails, I only demonstrated why Twitter was faster, which is what was being questioned in the post I quoted.