15+ Year Old Account

FPS / Screen Tearing Issues

**Issues are fixed -- Thanks for the help <3.
    Last edited by RemyRawr; 2012-08-24 at 04:07 AM.
    "Honesty is a talent, and truth is a cure for ignorance." ~ Unknown
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own" ~ Adam (Mythbuster) Savage
    "Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." ~ Bill Watterson
    "Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path." ~ Hero's Spirit

Deleted
    Done all the normal stuff of updating drivers and what-not?

15+ Year Old Account
    Mhmm. As far as I can tell, everything is up to date.
    "Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." ~ Bill Watterson
    "Believe in your strength. Continue to push forward unflinchingly, and without straying from your path." ~ Hero's Spirit

Deleted
    Checked power options? Maybe when the professional guy did w/e he did he changed some stuff. Got maximum performance while plugged in turned on and all that?

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess I should have mentioned that in the TL;DR... I did rant quite a bit >.> but yes, that's all set up.
    Last edited by RemyRawr; 2012-08-23 at 01:20 PM.

Deleted
    New HDD could mean you're missing the MOBO drivers i guess which could affect the on board graphics.

15+ Year Old Account
    I looked into that really quickly and didn't find much. I'll keep looking though.
    Last edited by RemyRawr; 2012-08-23 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Bad stuffs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elletarah View Post
    I looked into that really quickly and already found this but I have no idea what I'd need to download.
    Dunno what the deal with that link is but it looked dodgy.

Leaving So Soon?

Security Alert: You clicked on a link to About.com but are now leaving without viewing any of our content. This may have occurred because a site is using About.com’s redirect link to maliciously redirect you to their (non-About.com) web page. It's a practice commonly called email spoofing, and About.com wants to make sure you know about it before you proceed.
    What would you like to do now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry for the delay, I needed some sleep. Certainly glad I didn't click on any of those links if you're getting that kind of a security alert. I'll remove the link and keep looking.

In the mean time, still looking for answers if anyone has them.
    Last edited by RemyRawr; 2012-08-24 at 12:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I sent you back a reply.

Does anyone else have any suggestions? Again, any help at all is appreciated.

Just to be sure are you sing the latest nvidia drivers for ur gpu? It says you have a gt 540m.

Latest Version 301.42 - WHQL
    Release Date Tue May 22, 2012

Also are you running wow in full screen mode with low/medium settings and set to 60hz? Not sure if you card supports Dx11 mode it should do fine in dx9 mode.

And it's good to leave v-sync on. Fixes screen tearing.
    Last edited by c0rnel; 2012-08-24 at 01:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I'm running wow in full screen with v-sync enabled and low settings. My computer can actually handle higher settings but I don't see the point in flashy graphics, but that's neither here nor there. I'm not sure if my nvidia drivers are up to date or not, but upon searching for them in all programs and files, all I had come up was "no items match your search" so I'm thinking/wondering it it's missing from my computer entirely.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 11:06 PM ----------

So it turns out the guys that did my repair didn't bother replacing things like my graphics driver. I've done that now and everything is fixed. Thanks so much for the help though. Many <3s.