Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Enh Burst Cooldowns MOP

Hello

I'm trying to work out the best way to order the steps needed for lining up our cool downs as Enh in Mop, what is and isn't on the GCD, what order is best to pop them in, and if they can be macro'd together.

AFAIK the cool downs we have are:

Fire Elemental Totem - Talented or Not (1 minute / 1 sec GCD)
    Stormlash Totem (10 secs / 1 sec GCD)
    Feral Spirit (30 secs / 1.5 sec GCD)
    Ascendance (15 secs / Off GCD and resets Stormstrike/Stormblast CD)
    Heroism (45 secs / Off GCD)
    Elemental Mastery - Talent (20 secs / Off GCD)
    On Use Trinket (Off GCD but causes 30 CD on any other on use Trinket)
    Agility Potion (Off GCD)

Have I forgotten any?

Am I right in thinking the best possible way of lining these up in the least amount of GCDs would be:

Drop FET
    Pop Feral Spirit
    Stormstrike to get it on CD
    Pop Cooldown Macro:
    #showtooltip ??????
    /cast Ascendance
    /cast Heroism
    /cast Elemental Mastery
    /use 13
    /use Potion of Mists Agility (or what're it will be called)
    /cast Stormlash Totem
    /roar
    Stormblast.
    Start Ascendance rotation.

If I worked this correctly you will still have enough time to get 2 Stormblasts in before Ascendance ends.

Obviously if this is done on the pull you would pre-pot and the potion section of the macro would be ignored.

Any help or comments or errors appreciated.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 03:19 PM ----------

Just realised that my macro doesn't have any GCDs in it at all - so it can take one. Perhaps the Stormlash.
    Last edited by mmoc2affe9e45c; 2012-08-23 at 04:20 PM. Reason: Added a GCD into the macro. Stormlash Totem

10+ Year Old Account
    heroism is off gcd now? nice

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    heroism is off gcd now? nice
    According to MOP Wowhead it is. Hope that's accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's loads of cds to pop in a small time frame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya it's a ridiculously high amount of CDs to use. On another note wouldn't it be better to get a stormblast in just before you pop ascendance and hero?

Edit: I personally will be going for echo Over ele mastery just one less button to hit
    Last edited by akro; 2012-08-23 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    It all depends on what the opposite team does and what CC you can line up. But if MOP is the same as cata, remember that you need to apply pressure on the team before you can land kill, you cannot just nuke.

Deleted
    Why you have Elemental Mastery in there? o.O Have I missed something important regarding that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    It all depends on what the opposite team does and what CC you can line up. But if MOP is the same as cata, remember that you need to apply pressure on the team before you can land kill, you cannot just nuke.
    Sorry I was talking about PvE Enh. I don't PvP much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may be wrong...but wouldn't you want your Feral Spirits to gain the benefit of your Agility Potion by using it before popping them?
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    Why you have Elemental Mastery in there? o.O Have I missed something important regarding that?
    Haste is good for Enh in Mists. Some are simming it higher than Mastery. Others have Mastery higher. But its no longer Cata crap.

Elemental Mastery is a completely viable Enh talent (all the talents are). And at some point the simming people had EM higher DPS than any other talent on that tier. I think Echo is ahead again now though. Beta changes so fast that its hard to keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    I may be wrong...but wouldn't you want your Feral Spirits to gain the benefit of your Agility Potion by using it before popping them?
    I think that all guardians now update dynamically when you do - they no longer snapshot upon summon.

Quote Originally Posted by akro View Post
    Ya it's a ridiculously high amount of CDs to use. On another note wouldn't it be better to get a stormblast in just before you pop ascendance and hero?
    Do you mean Stormlash Totem? Stormblast is the Ascended version of Stormstrike. Too many Stormnames :P
    Last edited by mmoc2affe9e45c; 2012-08-23 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewt-Frostmane View Post
    According to MOP Wowhead it is. Hope that's accurate.
    It's off. Tried on beta.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Deleted
    OK I'm testing on beta now and..

#showtooltip
    /cast Ascendance
    /cast Heroism
    /cast Elemental Mastery
    /use 13
    /cast Stormlash Totem
    /roar

..works very well. Dropping FET and wolves first.

I keep forgetting to Stormstrike once before popping it though.
    Last edited by mmoc2affe9e45c; 2012-08-23 at 04:28 PM.

Are you logging your results by chance?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    Are you logging your results by chance?
    I'm not. Mainly because I'm only level 88 on the Beta and still in Cata gear.

But some anecdotal comparison numbers:

I'm level 88.
    Still in the iLevel 400ish items from the character copy. My Hit and Expertise are not yet forged and I'm waaaay over.
    I'm hitting an 85 dummy from the front.
    No external buffs.
    I can sustain about 33K with Searing and normal rotation.
    With the above Cooldown blowout I peak at about 80K for about 10 seconds then 65ish for 20 seconds after that. Down to 45K after 40 odd seconds. Then finally back to 35K after a minute.
    Looking at Skada the Fire Elemental is doing the vast majority of the damage. And this is the non talented version because I'm not yet 90. It goes absolutely mental with the haste buffs.

Assuming we are around the 110K sustained club for Mists in BiS 5.0 raid gear. I would guesstimate that we could hit 200K+ for a 10/15 second burst.

Basically we have burst if the fight needs it.
    Last edited by mmoc2affe9e45c; 2012-08-24 at 10:52 AM.

Does Ascendance immediately reset stormstrike/stormblast? If so, would it be possible to do:

#showtooltip ??????
    /cast Stormstrike <----
    /cast Ascendance
    /cast Bloodlust
    /cast Elemental Mastery
    /use 13
    /cast Stormlash Totem
    /cast Stormblast <----
    /roar

This would only work if Ascendance just make stormblast available right away ignoring the GCD...

Also, is Ancestral Guidance on GCD as well? Its the tier 5 Talent that 40% of damage caused generated healing. If you popped everything and that together during a raid damage phase, nobody would die.
    Last edited by HavocsCall; 2012-08-24 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HavocsCall View Post
    Does Ascendance immediately reset stormstrike/stormblast? If so, would it be possible to do:

#showtooltip ??????
    /cast Stormstrike <----
    /cast Ascendance
    /cast Bloodlust
    /cast Elemental Mastery
    /use 13
    /cast Stormlash Totem
    /cast Stormblast <----
    /roar

This would only work if Ascendance just make stormblast available right away ignoring the GCD...

Also, is Ancestral Guidance on GCD as well? Its the tier 5 Talent that 40% of damage caused generated healing. If you popped everything and that together during a raid damage phase, nobody would die.
    If Stormblast don't get the GCD of Stormstrike this will work, but I don't think it will.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by HavocsCall View Post

#showtooltip ??????
    /cast Stormstrike <----
    /cast Ascendance
    /cast Bloodlust
    /cast Elemental Mastery
    /use 13
    /cast Stormlash Totem
    /cast Stormblast <----
    /roar

That is what i do , i wait for my stormstrike then pop acsendance because the CD resets and i basically get 2 stormstrikes in under 2 seconds

So you're saying it resets even the GCD?

Quote Originally Posted by Delanath View Post
    So you're saying it resets even the GCD?
    No, because you wouldn't include the GCD triggered by the second Stormstrike, just the GCD in between the first and second.

If your GCD is 1.4 seconds, you can get 2 stormstrikes off in a 1.4 second window.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-08-24 at 07:51 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I see. Just the spell CD is reset. I wasn't thinking clearly.

So the macro a few posts above this one could just be mashed until the sequence is completed? Or does it all pop at once?