$500 or less build

I was looking through newegg and amazon for sells on various components but since I'm new at building pcs I can't seem to understand if the pieces on sell are compatible with eachother.
    So the question is, "Are there any $500 dollar builds that can play just games like SC2, GW2, WoW and Diablo 3 around 50fps on 1080p ?"
    I'll mainly be practicing SC2 but my 4 yr old laptop with a geforce 9700m is too slow and laggy when there's too much stuff going on screen.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are looking for a $500 desktop. Do you have a monitor/keyboard/mouse that you will be re-using?
    If you don't, $500 is an extremely tight budget considering Windows eats up 1/5 of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    So you are looking for a $500 desktop. Do you have a monitor/keyboard/mouse that you will be re-using?
    If you don't, $500 is an extremely tight budget considering Windows eats up 1/5 of it.
    Yes, I have all peripherals

Quote Originally Posted by Izod View Post
    I was looking through newegg and amazon for sells on various components but since I'm new at building pcs I can't seem to understand if the pieces on sell are compatible with eachother.
    So the question is, "Are there any $500 dollar builds that can play just games like SC2, GW2, WoW and Diablo 3 around 50fps on 1080p ?"
    I'll mainly be practicing SC2 but my 4 yr old laptop with a geforce 9700m is too slow and laggy when there's too much stuff going on screen.
    What quality? My Intel HD 4000 can run SC2 and D3 fine on low settings. In WoW, I have to reduce the resolution to 1680x1050 to maintain my frame rates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea you can build a $500 computer since you have the perhipherals, but running at 50 fps is out of the question. That budget simply does not give enough CPU power. You can probably gather enough to get about 35 constant fps.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest you first start looking at Marest's Sample Builds.

Marest Budget Gaming 550 but with a 7770.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-08-23 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Marest Budget Gaming 500 but with a 7770.
    I think its a 550, just in case you're looking for it and cant find it.

thx a bunch I've been studying his builds and that's probably what I'll be using.
    I have a build around 488 or about 430ish with rebates but I can't post links yet and the sell will be over by the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I think its a 550, just in case you're looking for it and cant find it.
    Yeah, thanks for the correction.