Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Texas judge warns of civil war if President Obama is re-elected

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/us/tex...html?hpt=hp_t1

you simply can not make this stuff up

(CNN) -- An elected county judge in Texas is warning that the nation could descend into civil war if President Barack Obama is re-elected, and is calling for a trained, well-equipped force to battle the United Nations troops he says Obama would bring in.

The comments by Lubbock County Judge Tom Head, who oversees emergency planning efforts, were broadcast by CNN affiliate KJTV. He made similar remarks on radio station FOX Talk 950.

Saying that as the county's emergency management coordinator he has to "think about the very worst thing that can happen and prepare for that and hope and pray for the best," Head told radio host Jeff Klotzman that he believes "in this political climate and financial climate, what is the very worst thing that could happen right now? Obama gets back in the White House. No. God forbid."

Why are tax hikes politically radioactive?

Referring to unexplained "executive orders" and other documents that Obama and "his minions have filed," Head said, "regardless of whether the Republicans take over the Senate, which I hope they do, he is going to make the United States Congress and he's going to make the Constitution irrelevant. He's got his czars in place that don't answer to anybody."

Obama, Head said, will "try to give the sovereignty of the United States away to the United Nations. What do you think the public's going to do when that happens? We are talking civil unrest, civil disobedience, possibly, possibly civil war ... I'm not talking just talking riots here and there. I'm talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms, get rid of the dictator. OK, what do you think he is going to do when that happens? He is going to call in the U.N. troops, personnel carriers, tanks and whatever."

Head vowed to personally stand "in front of their personnel carriers and say, 'You're not coming in here.' And I've asked the sheriff. I said, 'Are you going to back me on this?' And he said, 'Yeah, I'm going to back you.' Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there who have no training and little equipment. I want seasoned veteran people who are trained that have got equipment. And even then, you know we may have two or three hundred deputies facing maybe a thousand U.N. troops. We may have to call out the militia."

Opinion: Taxmageddon headed our way

Sheriff Kelly Rowe told KJTV there had been no conversation about such a civil war scenario. The two have discussed contingencies for emergency management, he said.

KJTV reported that the warning was linked to taxes. Head "indicates a tax increase is needed to shore up law enforcement to protect us," the station reported, adding that a tax increase is under consideration that "would largely benefit the district attorney and sheriff's offices. But the emphasis is more on salary competitiveness than doomsday scenarios."

Head made his controversial remarks Tuesday.

On Wednesday at a county commissioner meeting, he emphasized that his remarks were about "worst case scenario in my opinion," and added, "Do I think those are going to happen? Probably not."

County Commissioner Gilbert Flores told KJTV he was "ashamed" of Head's remarks, and told the judge, "I think you better plan to go fishing pretty soon."

Attorney Rod Hobson jokingly put up U.N. flags outside his Lubbock office, KJTV reported. "When I saw the story I thought, once again, Lubbock is going to be the laughingstock of the entire nation," said Hobson. "What makes it so sad is he is our elected county judge, who is in charge of a multi-million dollar budget. That is scary. It's like the light's on, but no one is home... I'd just like to think he's off his meds."

But video from the Wednesday meeting showed at least one citizen supporting him. "Judge Head, thank you, and God bless," one citizen said.

Head did not immediately respond to an e-mail or phone call to his office Thursday morning.

KJTV reported that an aide to Head said the judge will not be commenting for one or two days.

Deleted
    That guy is crazy and paranoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    im not one to pick either political party, but this dude makes me want to be far away from him when it comes to politics. the even scarier thing is that there are probably many ppl with this guys amount of "power" and ideas. and im sure now they will come out of the woodwork.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    im not one to pick either political party, but this dude makes me want to be far away from him when it comes to politics. the even scarier thing is that there are probably many ppl with this guys amount of "power" and ideas. and im sure now they will come out of the woodwork.
    Yes, this is exactly why when people say the republican party is beholden to crazy right-wing ideologues, that are beholden to crazy right-wing ideologues.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

i bet he also thinks obama is a muslim without a birth certificate.

10+ Year Old Account
    United Nations troops...

There is no "UN ARMY" United States IS the military force of the UN.

How do people like this get to run our country... even if it is just some hick county in Texas.

fuckin' texas, why are they even given a say in anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Brown Eye View Post
    How do people like this get to run our country... even if it is just some hick county in Texas.
    good question. been asking that since the 2000 election lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Well you got one of those right..

Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    really? he strikes me as more of a "obama is a manchurian candidate" type of idiot

The crazy part isn't what this guy believes. The crazy part is that the people there trust his judgement enough to elect him as a judge.

Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    The crazy part isn't what this guy believes. The crazy part is that the people there trust his judgement enough to elect him as a judge.
    He is allowed to be batshit crazy. That is all part of being American, but the fact he is a judge is scary.

Texans elected this guy ... sad.

Oh, and Texas is the same state that wants to ban critical thinking classes in college. Need I say more?

Haha, Texas produces some of the strangest people. I'm not at all surprised someone like that got elected as judge, that's not necessarily an uncommon view to hold in Texas.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    the us military is war-gaming for a civil war in 2016 hmmmmm

Crazy person in a position of influence lustily fantasizes of conflict and conspiracy theory come true under the guise of "warning " us.

News at 11.

Oh, and I love how he thinks his sheriff and a couple of hundred deputies will stop this "UN Army". Yes, I'm sure the first place Obama will take his UN army to invade is...Lubbock, Texas.

When I hear that name I keep thinking Luddite, Texas. Turns out maybe I wasn't so wrong after all.

No, there is no UN Army, but I wouldn't be opposed to a sucession (and the possible civil war that could start) if he gets reelected. The "values" of New England, the Midwest, and the West Coast are literally the opposite of the South and Plains/Mountain states. It's not unlike the early 1800's where the industrial North was dominating congress and passes laws that benefited industry over agriculture to the point that they were crippling the South. Sucession was inevitable in that situation, and a continuation of Obama/Pelosi/Reed would make it so for the Conservative states in the US.

And it is the Republicans that have all of the guns... and contribute most of the members of the military... and the conservative states have a majority of the military bases, too. I don't see a second civil war going well for you lefty, hippies.

10+ Year Old Account
    This kind of shit is what makes the rest of the world think that all Americans are dumb.
    Fuck this guy and his stupid ass comments. He should keep them to himself.
    Last edited by LolretKJ; 2012-08-23 at 08:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menalaos1971 View Post
    No, there is no UN Army, but I wouldn't be opposed to a sucession (and the possible civil war that could start) if he gets reelected. The "values" of New England, the Midwest, and the West Coast are literally the opposite of the South and Plains/Mountain states. It's not unlike the early 1800's where the industrial North was dominating congress and passes laws that benefited industry over agriculture to the point that they were crippling the South. Sucession was inevitable in that situation, and a continuation of Obama/Pelosi/Reed would make it so for the Conservative states in the US.

And it is the Republicans that have all of the guns... and contribute most of the members of the military... and the conservative states have a majority of the military bases, too. I don't see a second civil war going well for you lefty, hippies.
    Haha, I don't think the US would care if any of the southern states threatened secession. I say call them on their bluff and watch them become third world christian theocracies lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.