Setting up LAN network

Hey guys! I have a few questions about setting up a nice little LAN network for downloading and sharing files between PC's.

I've been looking at some stuff and I saw that there are a lot of positive reactions to a program called "DC++". I downloaded it, but I can't seem to get it running so my PC is hosting a private network at my little LAN party . Any of you guys have an idea about how this works? Or should I look in a different direction?

Thanks a bunch!

15+ Year Old Account
    DC++ is just a torrent setup for private networks (although its a great program)

just set up your network so you can share whatever folders you need to and it'll be a lot easier
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    DC++ is just a torrent setup for private networks (although its a great program)

just set up your network so you can share whatever folders you need to and it'll be a lot easier
    DC++ and torrents have nothing in common except both of them being used for p2p.

I do agree that setting up a home group with shared folders is the best solution for file sharing over a LAN though.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    DC++ and torrents have nothing in common except both of them being used for p2p.

I do agree that setting up a home group with shared folders is the best solution for file sharing over a LAN though.
    Ok, I'll do that then. Thanks!

Depends on how many people will be at this LAN. If we are talking 30+ then an application like BCDC++ is well worth the extra effort.