Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Headstart Launch Plans

What are you guys doing for headstart launch?
    I was thinking of making my Asuran Elementalist alt first as fast as possible then making my Human Thief main and playing that but im scared I might get booted from all the stress of everyone logging in haha

firstly im gonna fly through creating 5 chars with the names I wanna get.

then delete those so i have them reserved for 24 hours, then customize those characters to my liking and have that name for em in my hands

Make 5 characters, reserve 5 names, go back to sleep to get ready for work in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    I'm going to do this. Then I'm going to bed. I have too much to do Saturday to stay up all night playing GW2.

But when I get home Saturday afternoon...

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

then delete those so i have them reserved for 24 hours, then customize those characters to my liking and have that name for em in my hands
    So, you can re-create a character with the same name?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Yes you can.

^This + geting my primary character up to level 15-20. I want to have the option to avoid the crowds in the first zone. Too many players at once is anoying zergy mess. Sit on the leading edge of the wave and you've got enough players around for the fun stuff and can move on when the zerg arrives.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Once you delete a character that name is free but reserved to your account for 24 hours, so yes.

I will be waking up every hour from 5am onwards to check if servers are online and save all my names. Then go to sleep and will probably wake up at 9am and start playing!

Watch Kungens stream until the servers come up, grab a few names, play a little, then back to bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    What are you guys doing for headstart launch?
    I was thinking of making my Asuran Elementalist alt first as fast as possible then making my Human Thief main and playing that but im scared I might get booted from all the stress of everyone logging in haha
    I am happy for all the LAUNCH PARTIES that will be going on WORLDWIDE

what are YOUR plans?? specifically..

obviously my guild and I will be on Mumble shootin the breeze bsin chillin YOU KNOW HOW WE DO! FOOD DRINKS VODKA WILL BE DONE SERVED excited just talkin bout it, it's like countdown to New Years!

btw I will also be hanging out with the Gamebreaker crew who will be streaming a Launch Party show I believe their chat tends to get hella crazy

hopefully the usuals will be there! I know Gary Gannon won't be on for the launch but it'll still be fun

I'll be experiencing the launch party from multiple fronts
    -guild with mumble
    -gamebreaker crew chillout session

TO THOSE WHO HAVE NO PLANS..

come hang out with thousands of others at Gamebreaker I think they'll start their launch party at 8pm .. just not sure if it's EST or PST, lol
    Last edited by charlieprince; 2012-08-23 at 05:51 PM.

So... Much... Playing. I have high hopes that they can handle the stress, so I'll make my main how I want, then play her until I can't keep my eyes open, which will probably be 24 hours or so.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Yes you can.
    =D sweet. Now, just to narrow my list of possible names down and organize them in order of names I wish to make... (Yes, OCD much).
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

15+ Year Old Account
    Get my names
    Level my mesmer, trying to get to 30 asap.
    Check out some dungeons.
    Do more leveling.
    Get awesome gear.
    Explore some lands.
    Fill as many hearts as possible, even if I outlevel the place.
    Achievements.
    Get my first sleep on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Once you delete a character that name is free but reserved to your account for 24 hours, so yes.
    I there any wait or cooldown on the character creator after deleteing them? I want to play a little of them all those 3 days don't want to wait. plus i have a good set of names that shouldn''t get stolen.

As for me, the same make all 5 toons, then play an alt until with my co leader until 5pm, then switch to main(idk yet warrior or mesmer) a full guild lvling party, to burn threw the stuff we already did! THen spending the next 2.5 days getting to 30..i wild to do the dungeon, so maybe we will grind our selves up to get 35....I can't wait, havn't touched a game in 3 days, and I have 2 more days, of no gameing to make my girl happy so i can pay for 3 days!

10+ Year Old Account
    I`ll take my time and enjoy the character creation / races / etc which I did not see / research.
    Then I`ll start as you normally start a game.
    Not concerned about names; I got plenty of funky/strange/funny names.

Deleted
    get up at 6 am CET (on a Saturday ... bah), wait for the servers to get up, reserve my 5 names, inhale a caffeine pill and start exploring with my human elementalist

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    get up at 6 am CET (on a Saturday ... bah), wait for the servers to get up, reserve my 5 names, inhale a caffeine pill and start exploring with my human elementalist
    Caffein pills? Sooo yesterday. :P

I'm gonna make myself a character, take my time with all the sliders and choices and drink lots of coke.
    Last edited by Voidism; 2012-08-23 at 07:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanarkin View Post
    I there any wait or cooldown on the character creator after deleteing them? I want to play a little of them all those 3 days don't want to wait. plus i have a good set of names that shouldn''t get stolen.

As for me, the same make all 5 toons, then play an alt until with my co leader until 5pm, then switch to main(idk yet warrior or mesmer) a full guild lvling party, to burn threw the stuff we already did! THen spending the next 2.5 days getting to 30..i wild to do the dungeon, so maybe we will grind our selves up to get 35....I can't wait, havn't touched a game in 3 days, and I have 2 more days, of no gameing to make my girl happy so i can pay for 3 days!
    If you create a toon, then delete it, the name is reserved for you for 24 hours.
    Valar morghulis

While I only have the 1 day headstart (it's complicated), I'm going to probably create a few characters right off the bat, and then hop on my charr warrior to hit the Plains of Ashford and complete as many DE, Vistas, etc. as I can.

And then WvW.
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-08-23 at 07:31 PM.