Help and suggestions. Windows or Harddrive failure?

Shut the computer down for the night last night, boot it up this morning, and get:

Windows Boot Manager
    Windows Failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

Normal setup is 2 harddrives. Master and Slave drive. Master drive has the OS, games, drivers, etc. Slave drive has the documents, photos, music, videos.

Computer refuses to boot with both drives for whatever reason. Odd since it was running flawlessly since Jan. Unplug the slave drive, get the same error, but hey, at least I get that far..

Reset computer, spam the delete button to load the BIOS.
    Reset BIOS
    Nothing changed.
    Shut computer down

Open the case, Clear BIOS cache with the DrMOS button on my board.
    Boot up.
    Nothing changed, repeated error.
    Shutdown.

Spend some time attempting to find my Windows 7 disc. I finally find it, shove it in, load it to do a repair.
    "Windows disc does not match your version of windows."
    Complete BS...
    Reboot

Try F8 in attempt to load safe mode, or last known good configuration.
    Black screen with blinking underscore.
    Reboot.

Thought it was a RAM issue, take the sticks out, RAM check them with my other computer. RAM check clears.

This point, I'm fearing the dreaded system reinstallation. But may not have a choice.
    Second fear: My WD HDD may be damaged, and a reinstallation may be pointless.
    Third fear: Classes startup again Monday...

Plus side: Slave drive as far as I know, is unaffected.
    Last edited by Arkuri; 2012-08-23 at 07:14 PM.

Deleted

Info: An error occured while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...up-repair.html
    Last edited by mmoc1d03ea7d9d; 2012-08-23 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkuri View Post
    This point, I'm fearing the dreaded system reinstallation. But may not have a choice.
    Second fear: My WD HDD may be damaged, and a reinstallation may be pointless.
    At this point I'd try to access the boot disc with something like linux live CD and backup to USB stick or the slave drive everything you need to keep and go for the reinstall. Don't really see anything else you can try.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

is your primary drive a solid state? What version of Windows? Do you do automatic windows updates or have you manually done them recently?

Managed to get the computer to boot after some time in Safe mode with non-critical drivers disabled after about 4 hours of attempts and hardware checking and BIOS flashing. Got what I needed to back up, and did a reinstall.

From what I can gather. Seems I had several Boot Sequence Kernals that where corrupted from uninstalling a driver for DirectOC that I got rid of some time ago, and cleared the corrupted registry just recently.

Thanks all.