Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Derah, don't stress about charlie. He's suffering from the GW2 Effect. It's caused by a massive paradigm shift which blows the mind.

He'll calm down in a couple weeks ;-)
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Time to reroll a new partner :X
    Would that make one an "alt-o-holic"?

I would hope so, I mean I'm geeked out about the game too, very much so in fact, it kills me a little on the inside that I gotta wait a whooping extra 2 months to get it, but even I'm not obsessing like this.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I said nothing about my partner, I was speaking generally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Would that make one an "alt-o-holic"?
    Hmm, this may be a little too kinky even for me :X

Quote Originally Posted by Shostie View Post
    I said nothing about my partner, I was speaking generally.
    I know, was just making a joke
    Last edited by Karizee; 2012-08-23 at 10:44 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Or play GW2 with your partner

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I don't watch liberal indoctrination TV, was there anything of note in the video?
    I understand your confusion, but actually msnbc.com has nothing to do with the cable news channel. They are completely separate entities, and the report is by NBC news. You're free to look it up if for some reason you don't believe me.

Though I have to wonder why - in your eyes - a fluff piece on a videogame has to be filtered though our country's utterly mindless and binary political narrative.
    Last edited by Bigtimmy; 2012-08-23 at 10:54 PM.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Quote Originally Posted by Adversarius View Post
    Good God, this game is getting way too much hype. Don't get me wrong, this is a great game and I will be playing it non-stop on the 25th, but a lot of people will be very disappointed at release because they think this will be a "WoW kill" etc.
    Umm ya well just so you know Guildwars 2 killed WoW for me, so yes GW2 is a WoW killer.

I'm all for hype but this game is practically being used as a tool for those uninterested in world of warcraft. These next few months are gonna be annoying.. :/

Luckily I have patch 5.0 to keep me busy if the community gets overbearing til it dies down.

I mean look at the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjCehYrEbO0

Top comment -_-"

Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    I'm still shocked msnbc called it "the juggernaut of video games"

LMFAO!!!

hahaha oh my goodness

Guildwars 2 is a Juggernaut it Falcon punched me right out of WoW permanently so deal with it....
    Last edited by Hellspawnxxx; 2012-08-23 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Top comment -_-"
    Who in their right mind reads youtube comments?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike looks tired/stressed and lost some weight.. Don't waste away!!! This dude needs a holiday

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Good mother of god, would you CALM THE HELL DOWN? My god, how many "GW2 IS COMING, ITS GONNA BE BETTER THAN SEX, BETTER THAN JESUS, BETTER THAN GOD, I WANT IT LIQUID SO I CAN INJECT IT IN MY VEINS" sort of threads do you need to make before you calm the hell down? seriously, you're starting to creep me out (And I'm sure I'm far from being the only one)

Its ok to be happy for a game, its awesome to want the game to be out and suddenly it is, but for the love of god, STOP IT ALREADY, every time I see a post like this I can't help but picture the OP naked on a bed rubbing the GW2 box on his body as an equivalent of sex, its gross.

Good heavens. We get it, you love Gw2, you think its gonna be awesome (and I don't doubt it, its gonna be a blast) but enough is enough.

take 2 of these in the morning

and sit down before you have a stroke when the game goes live.
    Whats wrong with rubbing the GW2 box on my naked body... are you judging me???

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I'm all for hype but this game is practically being used as a tool for those uninterested in world of warcraft. These next few months are gonna be annoying.. :/

Luckily I have patch 5.0 to keep me busy if the community gets overbearing til it dies down.

Top comment -_-"
    Whoa dang. Date on that trailer is 3 years to DAY of the official launch date!

How dey do dat?
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    True, but I say let them be disappointed. Let Guild Wars 2 speak for itself. If someone starts playing this game because: "omg, did you hear about the new wow killer?!?!! MUST TRY." Then they're in for a disappointment no matter the game. If you play for the wrong reasons, you'll just be disappointed.
    Amen to this.

I've never thought of GW2 as WoW's "killer". Blizzard making HORRIBLE decisions will be WoW's downfall.

But I'm guessing there'll be a WoW 2 or something like it from Blizzard eventually. :P

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Who in their right mind reads youtube comments?
    Very hard to avoid when you've seen the MoP trailer. Is youtube nuts or something.

Anyway why talk about wow when you could talk about gw2. This is where the disappointment for a wow clone will start. Ignorance at the games premise.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2012-08-23 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    lmfao, that cracked me up.. juggernaut of mmo's?!

what?!

haha

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...67600#48767600

embedding doesn't work, sadly

but MSNBC?! Woah.. Mainstream?! They might've even aired it on the MSNBC channel! who knows

but lol juggernaut? hahaha
    It's MSNBC what do you expect, they are wrong about everything.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Deleted

Top comment -_-"
    That trailer is amazing. Js.

Have you seen the MoP trailer btw? Yeah...
    Last edited by mmoccba440cc3b; 2012-08-23 at 11:25 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gybano View Post
    A great game will carry its own weight just fine even with a huge pile of hype. 30 years of playing great games has taught me that.

Besides, Arenanet just needs the box sales and the game has a shit ton of content that will take a long time to complete.
    SW:TOR was a great game but the general consensus is that the hype really ended up hurting its longevity. SW:TOR's endgame was very lackluster, so people should know by now that they want a good endgame. Now the same people are getting hyped about GW2 yet it has NO endgame. Internet logic is the best logic obviously. And don't say that GW2's story is better than SW:TOR because it's not, I've played a lot of the beta, and imo it's just decent. Don't say that GW2's story is better than SW:TOR because of the lore backing it up because very few people play WoW for its rich lore.

What does GW2 have going for it? Its patented "Better than other MMOs combat system" is what it says on the package. The WvWvW is fun, but I get the feeling that it'll get dull after a while.

Also, it doesn't matter that Arenanet can make an early profit solely through box sales, what matters is whether the game is actually good or not..

Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    That trailer is amazing. Js.

Have you seen the MoP trailer btw? Yeah...
    Yes it is and the mop trailer really wasn't.

But the cinematic IS