[MoP PVP] How is Enhancement looking?

How is enhancement looking for PVP in mists, compared to other melee? Debating whether or not I should bother leveling him. I'd be doing 3s with melee (maybe hunter), since that's always seemed to work best for Enhance.

It's real solid. I've played Enhance, Ret and DK in PvP at 90, and I have to say that Enhance feels the most effective. Frozen Power having no range requirements, Capacitor Totem and our INSANE burst with Ascend+FE totem have really helped the spec where it most needs it, and searing flames as a self buff makes switching have nearly no consequence. Add in our already solid off healing being even better with Echo and AG and Enhance is looking real good. I'm thinking Warrior/Enhance/Holy Paladin will be an incredibly solid comp come MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Alright, that's good to know.. is Wind Shear being changed? i've always loved how Enhance could destroy healers with a 5s interrupt.

Wind shear got it's cooldown increased like every other interrupt. 12 sec with 3 sec lockout. 3 sec shorter cooldown than all other melee interrupts (15sec) as well, with 1 second less lockout (they have 4 sec), besides rogues who have a 5 second lockout. And Monks who have a 5 more lockout, as well as a 4 second silence if target is facing them.

Range hasn't changed iirc.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2012-08-24 at 07:47 PM.

Take it from somebody who has played all 11 classes actively since the beta launced...shamans suck. Every spec will get dominated in both pve and pvp. I do not have a main so I am not biased towards one class over another yet I'm still surprised by how much blizzard seems to ignore the shaman class in general.

Inb4 Endus or someone else comes in here and tells me to learn to play.

[User was infracted for this post]

---------- Post added 2012-08-25 at 02:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatz View Post
    Take it from somebody who has played all 11 classes actively since the beta launced...shamans suck. Every spec will get dominated in both pve and pvp. I do not have a main so I am not biased towards one class over another yet I'm still surprised by how much blizzard seems to ignore the shaman class in general.

Inb4 Endus or someone else comes in here and tells me to learn to play.

[User was infracted for this post]
    OP asked for an opinion. I gave mine. Explain to me why I was infracted?
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-08-25 at 06:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leaning Enhance as my MoP main as well. I'm fed up with all the ungrateful pricks I have to heal (plus healing kind of stands against everything I believe in). I took a break, and my gear is way behind now, My Guild leader has never excelled at anything, and now he keeps talking down to me like he can't be beat because he know with my gear I literally cannot beat him. I've been stocking up on honor and JP for when the Cata gear becomes purchasable with Honor, and I intend to respec enhance or ele and beat him into a F***ing pulp, shut his smug mouth up. I like the guy, but I need to remind him of the pecking order.

He's been favoring his arcane mage lately, so I would think an Enhance shaman would do well at that, I've looked into Ele as well. Range is always nice, but I've always preferred a faster/more aggressive fight style and enhance seems to fit the bill.

From What I've been hearing both Ele and Enhance are going to be strong, but I haven't played any beta or PTR yet. I know Resto Druids are supposedly stronger, so burst classes are going to be more in demand than a DoT cleave for what its worth; need muscle to power through the HoTs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, my experience with Enhancement PvP has been less than spectacular. Our mobility is pretty mediocre, and our defensive abilities are still pretty shoddy. Our damage output is very good though, we just have to get to our target. A gap closer like Spirit Leap would be a godsend.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Hmm, my experience with Enhancement PvP has been less than spectacular. Our mobility is pretty mediocre, and our defensive abilities are still pretty shoddy. Our damage output is very good though, we just have to get to our target. A gap closer like Spirit Leap would be a godsend.
    Our defenses are good, they just require MUCH more user input than most other classes. Landing a well timed grounding can change matches, and maelstrom works well enough to keep me alive. Using wolves defensively rather than offensively can keep you alive 3v1 for their duration (unless Rogues are involved.) I would like to see some type of mobility buff for the expansion, but expecting that on top of our new insane burst and even more defensive spells would just be unrealistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    If someone told me how to play I'd show them a simulation dps graph made out of dick pics.

Enhancement shaman has always been a complex specialization, there's nothing simple about it. So compared to the other classes and specs that are more straightforward, enhancement will always have a lackluster feeling if you can't use everything to the fullest potential. This is just my opinion from observations, but from the new talent system, changes and improvements in burst, in the right hands enhancement has the potential be very scary. In the wrong hands, an easy honor kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorigan View Post
    Enhancement shaman has always been a complex specialization, there's nothing simple about it. So compared to the other classes and specs that are more straightforward, enhancement will always have a lackluster feeling if you can't use everything to the fullest potential. This is just my opinion from observations, but from the new talent system, changes and improvements in burst, in the right hands enhancement has the potential be very scary. In the wrong hands, an easy honor kill.
    Even in the wrong hands ascendance enh will probably kill anyone within a few seconds if geared decently.. Though shock and awe is no more and blizz currently have no ui pop'up for maelstorm weapon, if that will be fixed soon with an addon or so even a toad can play enh the addon was giving the prio list OK.

Mobility for enh shaman is the new unleash elements with talent and weapon imbue change macro, it gives run speed.
    Last edited by Opolus; 2012-08-26 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Opolus View Post
    Mobility for enh shaman is the new unleash elements with talent and weapon imbue change macro, it gives run speed.
    Also, at least last time I was on the beta, the sprint ability (Sorry, blanking on name) that could be used when Feral Spirits was active is no longer linked to feral spirits, so you don't have to waste that offensive/defensive (however you use it) cooldown for mobility anymore.