Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Something that is a bit too mathy for me to figure out has been irking me a bit recently, does a Heroic Strike with the Deadly Calm CD provide more Damage per Rage than a regular Wild Strike?

Also I am running as TG atm, but am considering trying out SMF. Is there a certain gear threshold you should reach before making the switch to SMF or is it nearly the exact same but with 1 handers? If I were to go SMF it would be with Dubious Handaxe and the crafted Masterwork Phantasmal Hammer which are probably good weapons for now but I dont really know, but I would have to craft the Hammer if I were to go and because of that I have not yet tried out SMF until I was sure it would be a dps upgrade.

Armory: Here if needed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbandit View Post
    Just as a suggestion, it would be nice if you add some statistics, maybe some samples from tests you've done, to back up your guide. Take your tier guide, for example. It would be beneficial to readers if you calculated an interval between charges with both Juggernaut and Double Time and demonstrate to people which talent allows you to charge more often and by how many seconds. With the level 60 tier talents you say that "This tier has our greatest burst ability" ( Dragon Roar) but you don't compare the math of Dragon Roar's damage to any other of our special attacks, or other talents of the same tier.
    With your glyph selection, it would help readers understand more if you demonstrate to them exactly how glyph of Recklessness affects the probability of enrage and by how much. You could also compare the added effect from glyph of Colossus Smash to the damage loss from having to spend a cool down on using Sunder Armor.
    The presentation of your guide is good, but the body of the guide is missing a lot of meat (statistics) that provide validity for your arguments. This, in turn, helps your readers understand their class better in an effort to help them become more astute as a warrior.
    wow!!! you must been teaching in university dude!!LOL

Deleted
    I know SMF pulls ahead of TG, should I still go with SMF in this case?

Starshatter 489 / Gravetouch Greatsword 463
    vs
    Elegion 476 / Dubious Handaxe 463

?

Deleted
    SMF ain't ahead by much, if Simcraft is actually correct.
    However your Starshatter is a whole 13 Ilvls higher than your Elegion, so it's definitely TG for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    SMF ain't ahead by much, if Simcraft is actually correct.
    However your Starshatter is a whole 13 Ilvls higher than your Elegion, so it's definitely TG for you.
    I used SimC in a patchwerk fight i got 74k DPS as TG with Starshatter 489 / G. greatsword 463
    I got around 74.3-5k DPS.

Now with SMF I SimC'd Elegion 476 / Dubious Handaxe 463
    I got 75.9-76.2k DPS which is roughly 1.5-2k more DPS than TG with a 13 ilvl lower mainhand. Also tried Elegion 489, obviously thats much ahead of TG.

I only tested out TG vs SMF when I had the same ilvl weapons. And I ended up doing more damage as SMF, but I'm still uncertain about having a 13 highest ilvl as TG with SMF still being better or not.

Honestly, those results just don't sit well with me. But I guess it could make sense since your off hand weapons are the same iLvl and SMF gets the bonus off hand damage. Maybe that's where the difference is coming from?

However, even if those results are correct TG is still better on a couple of fights thus far. Namely, H Stone Guard, H Feng, and H Spirit Kings.

Massiaah on USA armory. Cant post link because I am new

Please advice me. Should I switch to pure crit gems to improve my dps?

Does 3 Shockwaves in a CS beat 1 Dragon roar?

Quote Originally Posted by tenj View Post
    Does 3 Shockwaves in a CS beat 1 Dragon roar?
    First, you should never Dragon Roar in a CS. Second, Shockwave is a 20s cooldown, where are you getting 3 in a CS from?

Am I misunderstanding your question?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redd View Post
    First, you should never Dragon Roar in a CS. Second, Shockwave is a 20s cooldown, where are you getting 3 in a CS from?

Am I misunderstanding your question?
    Both CS and SW have the same CD, so most likely you will always be able to use SW inside of CS, hence why the question is if 3x "CSed" SW > DR.

So I have one 489 Starshatter, two Elegion, the Fanged Crescent, 489 and 476.

With the Starshatter and the Gorefiend Ripper I have about 24% critical strike rating, so TG isn't too bad for me. I even don't have the Malevolent Gladiator's pants with a whopping 750 critical strike on them.

I'm thinking SMF, but would getting a second Starshatter next week make TG better? I'll be getting the Malevolent Gladiator's pants next week if Sha doesn't drop the t14 hands for 2 piece, too. If that helps.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    Both CS and SW have the same CD, so most likely you will always be able to use SW inside of CS, hence why the question is if 3x "CSed" SW > DR.
    ^ This is what I am saying, Shockwave is a 20sec cooldown which 3 of them can be done in 1 min, CS is a 20 sec cooldown 3 of them can be done in 1 min. So my question was will 3x SW in a CS beat 1 Dragon roar.

If within the CS, yes, probably. However, SW can actually be pushed out of the CS if proccs align (or because of movement/whatever), and once they are out of sync...

...in addition, DR has great synergy with BB. SW might be better if you pull it off perfectly, but I'd go with DR, at least if you have BB.

edit:

We killed the first 4 bosses normal MV yesterday (our second raid night since release if we don't count the one where the people we had to pug left after 2 Stone Guard wipes), and in general I'm fairly pleased with my performance. However, I tried to do the cleaving rotation on Stone Guard and it just messed my head up as I'm so used to the store up rage for CS -> CS -> spend rage -> repeat, so I just said fuck it and went with the normal single target rotation -.-. Silly me. Any advice for cleave rotation on two targets? Having meat cleaver up for RB:s vs a full rage bar for CS:s, that is sort of the dilemma I'm having.

PS: I need to stance dance more. Berserker stance was lovely on Feng.
    Last edited by Maxie; 2012-10-27 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fcmsaab View Post
    Massiaah on USA armory. Cant post link because I am new

Please advice me. Should I switch to pure crit gems to improve my dps?
    Bump! someone please take a look it my armory. Forums wont let me do links yet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fcmsaab View Post
    Bump! someone please take a look it my armory. Forums wont let me do links yet
    Read the Fury warrior guide sticky? It tells you what's best to gem.

Deleted
    Is using Whirlwind when glyphed a dps increase over wildstrike fillers as TG ?

Quote Originally Posted by gordonwu87 View Post
    Is using Whirlwind when glyphed a dps increase over wildstrike fillers as TG ?
    If you are talking about non-bloodsurge wildstrikes, then the answer is yes if you are TGing.
    Last edited by vonVaffel; 2012-10-30 at 10:24 AM.

As an Orc, would the expertise racial plus the base Crit on the two handed sha weapons, put the TG sha-touched weapons ahead of SMF sha-touched weapons for BIS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    As an Orc, would the expertise racial plus the base Crit on the two handed sha weapons, put the TG sha-touched weapons ahead of SMF sha-touched weapons for BIS?
    As an Orc with 2 Elegion i can't reforge all the expertise lol, imho the best choise for the final bis is trying to find the Shin'ka then stay arms or TG if u have normal or hc starshatter, all the 2 hands weapons had a lot of crit instead of the 1hand weapons. Is just my opinion, certainly wrong.

A little question, is still the Relic + Coren the bis trinkets? Or is better the Lei Shin reforging Haste->Crit ?
    Last edited by mmoc800514e59e; 2012-10-31 at 08:40 AM.

So, Skinning + Blacksmithing is the best combination for Fury, right?

I have two questions regarding professions (I already have BS):

1: How is Skinning for Arms. As I don't know if I will be sticking to Fury all the time or not, it would be good to know.

2: How is Engineering? With both DR and BB talented, it feels like you could really get the most out of the Synapse Springs.