Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ...
27
35
36
37
38
39
... LastLast
  1. #721
    High Overlord Roseby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ooking in the Dook
    Posts
    145
    Rusty retired from WoW so if someone wants to take up a guide for 5.2 onwards then by all means go for it.

  2. #722
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    119
    curious if ask mr robot is always correct about gemming. i thought the 480 crit gems were better then the 320 strength, but it has me using the strength ones

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...agura/advanced

    is my armory

    i also have 1500 valor atm, should i buy the 522 ring or something else?

  3. #723
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyalbo View Post
    curious if ask mr robot is always correct about gemming. i thought the 480 crit gems were better then the 320 strength, but it has me using the strength ones

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...agura/advanced

    is my armory

    i also have 1500 valor atm, should i buy the 522 ring or something else?
    Askmrrobot is not very reliable from what I've seen, the 480 crit is definitely better to use.

    I would probably get the ring since you're pretty far over the expertise cap atm and replace the Seal.

    You also are gemming for every socket bonus which is unnecessary. Change the gems in your chest, shoulders, legs, and mainhand to all crit gems. Keep in mind that crit and strength provide very similar dps per rating, so 320 crit is better than almost any crit/str combo that adds up to less than 320. You also want to pick up the Unending Rage Glyph as it is mandatory in avoiding rage capping.
    Last edited by Kurimlinn; 2013-03-28 at 04:38 PM.

  4. #724
    i currently have 31,10% crit and the T15 4setbonus, when i pop reck + skull banner but when i check my crit it's only 61.10% shouldn't this be 96.1% ?
    i5 3570k, MSI Z77a GD55, Cosair Hx750, Cosair 8gb Ram LP, Noctua NH-U12P SE2

  5. #725
    recklessness gives 30% crit chance increase so 61.10% is correct
    dont forget that skull banner increases crit DAMAGE, not crit CHANCE.

  6. #726
    actually sorry i get 66.10% crit, which is from using banner and the T15 4setbonus. popping recklessness doesn't show on your summary char as have an extra 30% crit since it's only special attacks that it's applied to right?
    Last edited by gordonwu87; 2013-04-01 at 12:36 PM.
    i5 3570k, MSI Z77a GD55, Cosair Hx750, Cosair 8gb Ram LP, Noctua NH-U12P SE2

  7. #727
    oh nvm i didnt know the 4set did that lol

  8. #728
    Stood in the Fire unrealeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SCOTLAND, FREEDOOOM!
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyalbo View Post
    curious if ask mr robot is always correct about gemming. i thought the 480 crit gems were better then the 320 strength, but it has me using the strength ones

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...agura/advanced

    is my armory

    i also have 1500 valor atm, should i buy the 522 ring or something else?
    Askmrrobot is a great tool. It's not always correct.
    Don't forget there's also STR+Crit gems.

  9. #729
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    Askmrrobot is a great tool. It's not always correct.
    Don't forget there's also STR+Crit gems.
    It's a terrible tool unless you know enough about warriors to run sim-craft and get stat weghts to plug into ask mr robot already, at which point you don't need it anyway, and are better off using wowrefoge. There are no circumstances I'd ever recommend Askmrrobot.

  10. #730
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    119
    curious which trinket to replace? just got fabled feather of ji kun

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...agura/advanced

  11. #731
    Quote Originally Posted by gordonwu87 View Post
    actually sorry i get 66.10% crit, which is from using banner and the T15 4setbonus. popping recklessness doesn't show on your summary char as have an extra 30% crit since it's only special attacks that it's applied to right?
    Correct. Since Reck only applies to special attacks it won't show on your character summary.

  12. #732
    how we dealing with set bonuses this tier, tier chest has red yellow and blue socket, thinks its worth matching sockets or just going full 320 crit?

  13. #733
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    how we dealing with set bonuses this tier, tier chest has red yellow and blue socket, thinks its worth matching sockets or just going full 320 crit?
    As always depends on your own stat weights. It's two non-yellow sockets for a 180 strength bonus, so question is whether 320 crit is worth more to you than 180 strength + 320 mastery, assuming you can convert the hit/expertise on the gems into mastery through reforging. If you can't convert expertise you'd use a str/crit gem instead so it's 320 crit vs 240 strength + 160 mastery. For most gearsets matching socket bonuses on tier chest (where you're basically trading 160 crit for 160 mastery + 90 strength per socket) should work out a gain. Most other socket bonuses still aren't worth it.

  14. #734
    Dreadlord I Knew It's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    894
    Currently im using Primordius trinket and Fabled Feather trinket(tf) but im sitting at like 11.57% hit

    With so much excess hit would it be worth switching out the JiKun trinket for say Gaze until I can reduce my hit rating from my other gear or just stay with the increased hit rating for now

    I have all the other trinkets from normal, and my armory is in my signature if you need to see

    Thanks

  15. #735
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyalbo View Post
    curious which trinket to replace? just got fabled feather of ji kun

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...agura/advanced
    anyone? lol

  16. #736
    Blademaster Genzoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Manismania
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyalbo View Post
    anyone? lol
    What other trinkets do you have? Armory link has your pvp gear on.

  17. #737
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Genzoo View Post
    What other trinkets do you have? Armory link has your pvp gear on.
    relic of xuen and skullrender medallion

  18. #738
    Something has been bugging me and hopefully I've come to the right place to ask.

    I've been gearing up a Fury Warrior Alt and have been wondering, why is it potentially bad to bring your hit rating above the special cap? I mean, wouldn't it be better to have more so you could ease out Rage starvation?

    I keep plugging my Warrior into sites like AskMrRobot and WoWReforge and each keep telling me to bring my 11% hit down to 7.5%, I'd love to get a detailed answer on this from the community if possible.

  19. #739
    You don't get that extra hit for nothing. That extra hit comes at the expense of potential other stats, and it just works out mathematically that the itemisation going into that white hit would give you more dps if it was instead an equivalent amount of other stats.

  20. #740
    Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Something has been bugging me and hopefully I've come to the right place to ask.

    I've been gearing up a Fury Warrior Alt and have been wondering, why is it potentially bad to bring your hit rating above the special cap? I mean, wouldn't it be better to have more so you could ease out Rage starvation?

    I keep plugging my Warrior into sites like AskMrRobot and WoWReforge and each keep telling me to bring my 11% hit down to 7.5%, I'd love to get a detailed answer on this from the community if possible.

    Hit above cap simply isn't as big a DPS increase. Rage is mainly dumped inside of a CS window when enraged (which you're capped or almost capped going into) so extra rage outside of this is worth far less than it could potentially be worth. It's still useful, but it's way too low compared to other stats.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •