Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Your guide has WS* > RB, whereas RB is in fact better (even when slightly delaying BT). Posted this on EJ originally, but here also for clarification:

SMF:
    Raging Blow - Average damage from BiS profile:
    Raging Blow MH: 82782
    Raging Blow OH: 69900
    = 152682 average damage per 1 raging blow

Wild Strike - Average damage from BiS profile:
    Single: 59063
    3x(Bloodsurge proc): 177189

177189(3xWS) - 152682(1xRB) =
    24507 - damage difference between 3xWS vs 1xRB

Meaning:
    BT - (WS* - WS* - WS*) - BT
    vs
    BT - (RB - (filler)) - BT

(filler) GCD only needs to be > 24507 to beat out the damage of 3x WS.

TG:
    Raging Blow - Average damage from BiS profile:
    Raging Blow MH: 105752
    Raging Blow OH: 66031
    = 171783 average damage per 1 raging blow

Wild Strike - Average damage from BiS profile:
    Single: 57986
    3x(Bloodsurge proc): 173958

173958 (3xWS) - 171783 (1xRB) =
    2175 - damage difference between 3xWS vs 1xRB

Meaning:
    BT - (WS* - WS* - WS*) - BT
    vs
    BT - (RB - (filler)) - BT

(filler) GCD only needs to be > 2175 to beat out the damage of 3x WS.

Both as TG or SMF the damage difference is easily trumped by a single ability for that (filler) GCD.

As for when WS* is in fact better (posted by Dots):
    WS* is only > RB/CS if there is 1 second or less left on Bloodthirst's cooldown. This happens when you are using e.g. RB followed by WS*. Instead of waiting and doing nothing for 0.5 seconds, another WS* should be used and BT should be delayed by 0.5 seconds. However, only WS* should be used to fill such a gap, never an ability that has a 1.5 second GCD.

Thanks for the guide, really helpful overall, nice to have one to look at every now and then to answer some questions. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Your guide has WS* > RB, whereas RB is in fact better (even when slightly delaying BT).
    I was actually just contemplating that based on my logs. I'm in the process of redoing my images now and it'll be fixed shortly.

delaying rb with bloodsurge isn't bad:
    if u have 1 stack of rb and bloodsurge, second will be better -> next bt can crit and give u another stack and again proc of bloodsurge-> after bt u can rb twice=> u dont miss stack rb

Deleted
    Thanks for this guide!

You said earlier " Fury's DPS is centered around your ability to keep up Enrage as much as possible and to put as much DPS into a CS debuff as you can. Both of these should be things that you are tracking with an addon because they really are that important."

Can you give specific addon recommendations. I assume your talking about Power Auras but what would be the line of code to set up the Proc ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried PowerAuras once and found it very unintuitive. I just use NeedToKnow. You do have to re-do the bars every time you change spec from, say, Arms to Fury in your primary spec slot for dual spec, but it's not that much hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilesz View Post
    You said earlier " Fury's DPS is centered around your ability to keep up Enrage as much as possible and to put as much DPS into a CS debuff as you can. Both of these should be things that you are tracking with an addon because they really are that important."

Can you give specific addon recommendations. I assume your talking about Power Auras but what would be the line of code to set up the Proc ?
    Power Auras is a great addon to do it, as are TellMeWhen and NeedToKnow

To import my CS tracker into PowerAuras:

Code:
    Version:4.23; b:0.1373; g:0.8039; target:true; icon:ability_warrior_colossussmash; buffname:Colossus Smash; bufftype:2; texture:21; mine:true; size:0.48; y:-150; timer.h:1.45; timer.Texture:WhiteRabbit; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER; timer.Transparent:true; timer.UseOwnColor:true
    Enrage tracker:

Code:
    Version:4.23; icon:Spell_Shadow_UnholyFrenzy; buffname:Enrage; x:141; owntex:true; size:0.21; y:-235; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER; timer.y:-1

This is a really well put together guide, very nice presentation!

Unfortunately, it's looking less and less likely that I will play this class in MoP. Between the RNG whack-a-mole that is Arms to the permanent vinegar strokes playstyle of teasing your rage bar that is Fury. It just seems like too much effort to be worth it. I hate micromanagement with a passion.

Fury is in a much better place than Arms. It's scaling is beautiful, it does not suffer from clunky mechanics like Taste for Blood, and it's more or less easy to play with an easy priority system. Rage management has always been the requirement to play Fury properly, and it has not changed in MoP. Personally, I don't want to reroll even though I have a viable class to reroll to(Enhancement Shaman), but if I want to stay on Warrior, then I have to play Fury for Single target fights and switch to Arms for AOE Fights. It's as simple as that.

Thanks for the guide, I'm going to bookmark it.
    One question though, I looked around for it but I couldn't find an answer.
    When Meat Cleaver stacks, what exactly stacks?
    The number of targets you can hit with RB. That is one stack= two targets, 2 stacks=3 targets, 3 stacks = 4 targets.
    Or the number of times RB hits 1 extra target?
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by stevengeo View Post
    Thanks for the guide, I'm going to bookmark it.
    One question though, I looked around for it but I couldn't find an answer.
    When Meat Cleaver stacks, what exactly stacks?
    The number of targets you can hit with RB. That is one stack= two targets, 2 stacks=3 targets, 3 stacks = 4 targets.
    Or the number of times RB hits 1 extra target?
    Thx
    The former. The number of extra targets RB hits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't battle shout be a better filler than heroic throw since the 20 rage would equate to 2/3 of a wild strike later on or 2/3 of a heroic strike (both are more damage than heroic throw).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    Fury is in a much better place than Arms. It's scaling is beautiful, it does not suffer from clunky mechanics like Taste for Blood, and it's more or less easy to play with an easy priority system. Rage management has always been the requirement to play Fury properly, and it has not changed in MoP. Personally, I don't want to reroll even though I have a viable class to reroll to(Enhancement Shaman), but if I want to stay on Warrior, then I have to play Fury for Single target fights and switch to Arms for AOE Fights. It's as simple as that.
    The nice thing is that with the hit priorities it will be easy to do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    Arms DPS is not too far off of fury for single target. I've been testing with guildees and other warriors on beta for a while now and both specs are pulling between 75k-85k single target on the Shat dummies. Obviously these only simulate certain raid conditions but it gives a good estimate but Arms could potentially be the progression spec because of how Fury scales with gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustynip View Post
    Arms DPS is not too far off of fury for single target. I've been testing with guildees and other warriors on beta for a while now and both specs are pulling between 75k-85k single target on the Shat dummies. Obviously these only simulate certain raid conditions but it gives a good estimate but Arms could potentially be the progression spec because of how Fury scales with gear.
    How about at 85? I'm still very confused. I have full bis besides the shared ring if that matters. Thanks for the guide though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    How about at 85? I'm still very confused. I have full bis besides the shared ring if that matters. Thanks for the guide though!
    Don't quote me on this because I haven't tested it extensively but it looks to me like when the prepatch comes out on Tuesday, we will all be going TG. I think weapon choices as well as crit vs mastery builds are still being debated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't quote me on this because I haven't tested it extensively but it looks to me like when the prepatch comes out on Tuesday, we will all be going TG. I think weapon choices as well as crit vs mastery builds are still being debated.
    Sweet, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiel View Post
    Wouldn't battle shout be a better filler than heroic throw since the 20 rage would equate to 2/3 of a wild strike later on or 2/3 of a heroic strike (both are more damage than heroic throw).
    Not necessarily. Heroic Throw no longer resets your swing timer, so you will still be gaining rage from white swings while throwing. Is Battle Shout also a viable option as a filler? Yes. Its going to be situational but I chose Heroic Throw over BS because any DPS > no DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodletters View Post
    The nice thing is that with the hit priorities it will be easy to do that.
    Yes. Having not to go over the special hit cap is a good deal because of how Mastery works now.

Correct, but Warriors will be switching to Fury once they have normal T14 gear, at that point Fury will be pulling ahead.