Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    From my own personal experience (so take it as you will), TG is ahead of SMF during the majority of the fight and then SMF pulls ahead during execute phase, so this is something you should consider when making your choice.

Also what weapons you have access to plays a huge role, since both specs are very close.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Deleted
    what exact hitrating and exp.rating will i need when the patch hits?

one thing I wonder is for progression Tg will likely be better as higher dmg on than SMF for the first 80% seems more important, and even on farm I can still see TG being better as SMF only pulls ahead in execute phase which seems to get shorter as farm raids go on, I mean in our DS heroic raids the last 20% goes so fast as everyone has there own executes ready and buffed by better gear. I wonder if Tg will scale better into the next tier and we will have a situation of tg/arms depending on the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by bigmama View Post
    Melee Special Hit 2549 rating
    Expertise 2549 rating
    Expertise (Dwarf/Orc) 2209 rating
    Melee Special Hit (Draenei) 2209 rating
    Spell Hit 5099 rating

Edit: my bad, these numbers aren't for 5.0.4. I don't know the conversion rating at lvl 85.
    Last edited by Satori; 2012-08-27 at 11:27 PM.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmama View Post
    As per the Icy Views guide

At level 85, Draenei require 666 Hit Rating to reach the hit cap, while other races require 769 Hit Rating.
    At level 85, most races require 769 Expertise Rating to reach the expertise cap.
    Dwarves have Mace Specialization and only require 666 Expertise Rating when using Maces.
    Humans have Mace Specialization and Sword Specialization, so they only require 666 expertise when using Maces or Swords.
    Orcs have Axe Specialization and only require 666 Expertise Rating when using Axes
    Last edited by Jaceo; 2012-08-28 at 07:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds about accurate. Idk where they're getting that Fury's worst stat is Expertise though. The way its worded is that Exp up until cap is the lowest of our stats. It just doesn't make any sense..

Fantastic work Rusty, I'll be using some of your formatting when I do my DK guide after progression.

Duality best melee world

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    Fantastic work Rusty, I'll be using some of your formatting when I do my DK guide after progression.

Duality best melee world
    Rusty took his talents to TM.
    Think of it as him moving into the womb we left.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm,I've been thinking about running 7.5/6.5 expertise from using MH H Gurth/OH H ESS during the pre patch, but then it occured to me that fury has even more damage now coming from the offhand via wild strikes and I'm still puzzled as to if the old way of 26/23 expertise (now 7.5/6.5) would be detrimental in our new fury system since dodged wild strikes aren't too good so i'm thinking of biting the bullet and running 8.5/7.5 in the mean time.
    Anyone with the same concerns since it seems expertise racials might not be such a benefit after all if the ideal set-up isn't 2x the weapons in which benefit from your racial?

Quote Originally Posted by Chapterhouse View Post
    Rusty took his talents to TM.
    Think of it as him moving into the womb we left.
    If you're not trolling oh the things I've missed.

Anyways, back on topic. How do warriors currently compare to other melee?

Why does Icy Veins put hit as #1 stat and expertise as #6 stat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    How do warriors currently compare to other melee?
    Simcraft puts us on top with Rogues but from testing it looks like us rogues and Dks are pretty even.

Quote Originally Posted by pnutbutter View Post
    Why does Icy Veins put hit as #1 stat and expertise as #6 stat?
    I was wondering this myself. It honestly doesn't make any sense since Fury heavily relies on white hits, and they already have a chance to miss because they are not hard hit capped. If anyone could explain this to me that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynip View Post
    Simcraft puts us on top with Rogues but from testing it looks like us rogues and Dks are pretty even.

I was wondering this myself. It honestly doesn't make any sense since Fury heavily relies on white hits, and they already have a chance to miss because they are not hard hit capped. If anyone could explain this to me that would be great.
    You're forgetting about Ferals... http://simulationcraft.org/504/Raid_T14H.html

We're top Melee by 3k

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yea and ferals. I just haven't done any real testing with ferals so I forgot lol.

One thing that people should keep in mind when comparing SMF and TG for MoP raiding is the legendary gem. Once you have a legendary gem, you'll only have one of them and in one weapon. If we still need to use Arms for any fight with good opportunities for cleaving with Sweeping Strikes, then you'll want that gem to be in a 2-handed weapon so that you can benefit from it on all fights and not just fights where you spec Fury. So that's a point in favor of going TG in the long term.

There will presumably be some mechanic for removing the gem or replacing it if you want to get rid of the weapon you had it in, but whatever this process is it will presumably be too much of a hassle to swap it around any time you'd need to be switching specs from fight to fight.
    Last edited by Angriff; 2012-08-28 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochron View Post

We're top Melee by 3k
    Lol feral.

Anyways Rusty, just a minor mistake in your Caps section:

Caps:
    Hit - 7549 (2209 for Draenei)
    Exp - 7549 (2209 for Human/Orc)

Misplaced a 2 with a 7 :P

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

10+ Year Old Account
    Woops lol. Nice catch!

Quote Originally Posted by Ochron View Post

We're top Melee by 3k
    Kinda disheartening to see Arms down on the list, but I suppose it is only 10k dps or so which isn't too big of a deal. I only take sim results with a grain of salt anyways, so I am sure there will be times where arms will be better and vice versa for Fury.

It will be nice to play Fury 1h again though, takes me back to TBC days /tear.

Wrote this in another thread, but thought it might apply to the topics discussed here.

Was jsut reading the Fury warrior DPS guide on Icy-Veins and read the following "Expertise Rating, up to the soft cap of 7.5%, is your worst statistic."
    What is that about?
    Isn't it kind of essential to cap your expertise?

Please enlighten me if i have missed something here.
    They prioritize the stats as the following:

The stat priority for an Fury Warrior is:

1. Hit Rating (until 7.5%);
    2. Critical Strike Rating;
    3. Strength;
    4. Mastery Rating;
    5. Haste Rating;
    6. Expertise Rating (until 7.5%).

Scource: http://www.icy-veins.com/fury-warrio...rity-reforging

I know it has been discussed previously, but i'm kind of confused weather or not Critical strike is worth prioritizing over Strength, and in what numbers? I mean should you focus on Crit-only gems or Strength/Crit gems?

A guy in another thread said that you should reforge all hit after 7.5% to crit instead!?

Is that really smart to reforge hit after 7.5% since i guess that is to be capped with yellow attacks. I mean since white attacks generate rage, the more likely you are to hit -> dps increase?

Will be alot of fun trying it out tommorow (EU).

Edit: Was looking through the new Tier gear, and it seems like it more made for Arms specc then fury, based on the low amount of Hit on it?
    Last edited by Cityfella; 2012-08-28 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    Wrote this in another thread, but thought it might apply to the topics discussed here.

Was jsut reading the Fury warrior DPS guide on Icy-Veins and read the following "Expertise Rating, up to the soft cap of 7.5%, is your worst statistic."
    What is that about?
    Isn't it kind of essential to cap your expertise?

Please enlighten me if i have missed something here.
    They prioritize the stats as the following:

The stat priority for an Fury Warrior is:

1. Hit Rating (until 7.5%);
    2. Critical Strike Rating;
    3. Strength;
    4. Mastery Rating;
    5. Haste Rating;
    6. Expertise Rating (until 7.5%).

Scource: http://www.icy-veins.com/fury-warrio...rity-reforging

I know it has been discussed previously, but i'm kind of confused weather or not Critical strike is worth prioritizing over Strength, and in what numbers? I mean should you focus on Crit-only gems or Strength/Crit gems?

A guy in another thread said that you should reforge all hit after 7.5% to crit instead!?

Is that really smart to reforge hit after 7.5% since i guess that is to be capped with yellow attacks. I mean since white attacks generate rage, the more likely you are to hit -> dps increase?

Will be alot of fun trying it out tommorow (EU).

Edit: Was looking through the new Tier gear, and it seems like it more made for Arms specc then fury, based on the low amount of Hit on it?
    This is our stat priority at 85. http://i.imgur.com/KSxwl.png