Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustynip View Post
    Second wind/enraged regen is actually better for pushing heroic progression (and even normal) because of the fact that you and your healers are under geared. I'm not saying its better for every fight but fights where you're going to be taking big damage, you'll definitely want the heals over the minuscule dps increase. For example: Heroic Imperial Vizier Zor'lok this week, I will most definitely be using second wind to help with that Force and Verve phase. Same goes for heroic Garalon when he does crush every so often.
    How do you make your choice between SW and ER? What would you recommend on Elegon N? I think Second Wind is great for Radiating energies...

10+ Year Old Account
    Second wind is better for encounters where there is sustained raid damage and/or you will be close to low health for a period of time. Its better to use ER when you take single direct hits spread out over the course of the fight. Impending victory can be used when neither of these applies if you so choose. I would take second wind for normal Elegon just to help out in the final phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustynip View Post
    Second wind is better for encounters where there is sustained raid damage and/or you will be close to low health for a period of time. Its better to use ER when you take single direct hits spread out over the course of the fight. Impending victory can be used when neither of these applies if you so choose. I would take second wind for normal Elegon just to help out in the final phase.
    Makes sense... I'm really used to ER though, I use it a lot hehe.

Would appreciate any random Elegon 10 N warrior tips, 4%, 3,9%, 2% wipes are friggin annoying. Already trying to make the best out of Berserker stance on TA:s, last phase etc, and trying to get meat cleaver off during sparks. Never have any issues with killing my spark. Just need to make the damned boss die. And as usual at least 2 tries I die right before 20% boss hp and we get a low percentage wipe. Dying right on the edge of exec phase hurts my warrior soul. A lot. Same thing happened on this week's Feng, someone with arcane resonance killed me at 20,1%. I was going to check out that log damn it.

Stupid question maybe, but does Demo Banner work on EVERYTHING? And who is actually casting, say, radiating energies? Elegon himself I assume? Just trying to get the most of my abilities, ugh.

Deleted
    Hate to be 'that guy' but im really looking for some trinket information.

I have pretty much every trinket available to me right now and im just clueless as to what is best and what isnt. There is tonnes of conflicting information all over the place, different threads conflict each other aswell as different sites. I am specifically talking about SMF as I have been lucky enough with weapon drops.

Can anyone link or give me some a solid answer with some concrete information behind why A trinket is better than B trinket etc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    PS: any engineering items other than tinkers/Jeeves worth thinking of, like bombs etc?
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=54793

Frag Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephrius View Post
    In my situation should I stay Fury or go Arms?

People keep saying Arms and Fury are about the same as TG, but Arms is slightly ahead. I SimC both specs and says fury is about 74-75k and Arms is 81.5k

Now as for weapons Elegon dropped the 2h Sword so I'm now using 489 / 463.

Would it better for me to go Arms since I have a poor off-hand or should I remain Fury - TG?
    IM curious about this too, I was thinking that at some point fury would sim better than arms for me and Id make the switch and carry on, but it seem's as my gear gets better fury is still behind when I sim my current gear available, and even in raids im still doing more dps than other fury warriors, does anyone know roughly what stage fury pulls ahead as Im well beyond 20% crit pushing 25 in fury gear, I have a normal and heroic starshatter and 2 pc yet it still shows arms nearly 3k ahead when i sim my char, and even in raids it seems im doing better dps as arms than similar geared wars as fury :S

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    Do not use on Wind Lord or you will break everything out of CC

so i switched to storm bolt over avatar. But now im hearing a lot about BB. Tonight we are on the first boss of HoF and than off to down elagon. Is BB pulling away from the others now? My problem with storm bolt is it takes up space from another ability during the CS phase. Seems a little counter productive.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far I believe that the items bought with VP should be, Ring from Lotus, Belt from Klaxxi, Shoulders from Lotus. This is assuming you haven't got anything from raid yet. I was wondering would or next choice be the bracers from Celestials or possibly the cape from shado pan?

So, I'm pretty ignorant on most things warrior in terms of bis listing other than the basic stat weights having just switched from maining ret for years because of lack of warriors in raid. But I realize that No'kaleed (Sp?) Hc was BiS for SMF in DS. What about the agi weapons available currently? Obviously, would prefer scimitar or elegion, but you can't always get what you want.

I do know agi no longer gives alot of crit, but is the weapon damage gain going to offset the 500 +- strength you lose off something like elegion.

So I've been kinda unlucky with drops so far and now I finally get weapons from LFR Elegon. Except as the trolldragon he is, I got one Elegion and one Starshatter.

476/463 SMF vs 476 Arms... ugh :P

At least I'll have offhand for whatever drops next, be it LFR or normal 1h or 2h.

Deleted
    Awhile ago people have been saying CCCC is better than Carbonic Carbuncle I've done various tests in SimC and it's telling me Carbuncle is about 400ish more DPS than CCCC. PS talking about Fury.

Using CCCC and Carbonic Carbuncle... What trinkets in what modes can best those two for fury at the moment? And if I get relic of xuen now, better to replace CC first?

So, regarding the raging wind glyph for TG. Which setup would you recommend with this glyph? Unending/Reck/RW? Also, would you simply replace all unprocced WS with WW, or would you make sure to only use WW whenever the buff is up? I assume the latter.

Edit: In addition, double Dancing Steel or Dancing Steel + Windsong? Saw some discussion about it in another thread here. Also, CCCC vs Carbuncle?
    Last edited by Maxie; 2012-11-09 at 12:03 AM.

This has been answered so many times; the uptime on CCCC is what knocks it below Carbuncle in terms of DPS. It hasn't changed, it's still the same story.

The Recklesness Glyph isn't actually that good; you're better off going with Bull Rush or Colossus Smash, or something to suit the specific fight (the +Speed on Enrage Glyph is handy for Vaults on the last boss).

Quote Originally Posted by Strigoii View Post
    This has been answered so many times; the uptime on CCCC is what knocks it below Carbuncle in terms of DPS. It hasn't changed, it's still the same story.

The Recklesness Glyph isn't actually that good; you're better off going with Bull Rush or Colossus Smash, or something to suit the specific fight (the +Speed on Enrage Glyph is handy for Vaults on the last boss).
    So for TG I assume Death from Above/Unending/Raging Wind are the best choices?

And "too bad" on the carbuncle, I had appearantly gotten rid of it and it wasn't in the eligible list for item restore. Sigh.

I really can't imagine raging wind being better for TG than recklessness on single target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Saevus.Reptile View Post
    I really can't imagine raging wind being better for TG than recklessness on single target fights.
    Glyph of Recklessness is bad. So, I don't know what you're talking about.

Where exactly did you derive that statement from?

Critical strike rating becomes a whole lot less valuable at 100% enrage uptime (and 100% BT crit, which is pretty much the same thing, said in a different way), which is easily reached with the recklessness glyph. Having the 4 set bonus means that this delivers you a guaranteed 12,6% enrage uptime and a guaranteed 5 Raging Blows. Not using the glyph would result in a guaranteed 8,6% enrage uptime.

Seeing that more raging blows are going to benefit from the 30% extra crit while using the glyph vs less raging blows benefitting but having more chance to crit we can quite confidently say that the rest of the glyph effects even eachother out quite well.

Thus effectively using the recklessness glyph grants us 4% more enrage uptime. Obviously we have to take into account that we might have critted with blood thirst either way. The calculations for average blood thirst uptime during an 18 second window are quite complex so I doubt it's worth fully calculating it here but very very very rougly taken we can cut the benefits in half. This leaves us with the recklessness glyph granting us 2% more enrage uptime.

Assuming our enrage (example) increases our damage done by 15%, a 2% extra uptime will grant us an overall 0,3% damage increase.

This might seem little (and it is so), but I really doubt that dealing 10% more damage on whirlwind on a single target fight is going to result in a net gain of over 0.3% damage done. Try to find me a SINGLE TARGET boss log where whirlwind deals more than 3% of the character's damage and I might of course reconsider my opinion.

Simply stating that recklessness glyph is bad while not proving that the other glyph is any better is quite silly though.

Deleted
    You're oversimplifying by completely ignoring execute range, bloodbath, heroic leap, colossus smash, skull banner etc. Obviously fury's all about cd stacking, and you simply won't be doing that much damage for the entirety of an 18 second reck, with a lot of your damage loaded into the duration of other cooldowns. The reck gcds spent during colossus smash and bloodbath/skull banner are obviously a lot more valuable than those outside of it, and reducing the crit chance of those gcds isn't necessarily going to be balanced out by bigger reck, and so enrage, uptime.

Obviously you want all your executes during skull banner to crit, and especially the four during skull banner + colossus smash. Glyphing reck greatly reduces the chance of that happening, so you can't just look at enrage uptime and draw conclusions from that alone.

50,000 runs in simcraft with my gear (so no 4 part), bloodbath + dragonroar, 450 second patchwork (not going to post complete breakdown, but just things that indicate what I was referring to above):

no reck glyph (empty glyph slot): 78784.7
    78.47% enrage uptime
    69.2 raging blows
    average execute 233k, execute crit chance 39.8%
    bloodbath damage 1.68m
    heroic leap crit chance 34.8%

reck glyph: 78554.1
    79.22% enrage uptime
    69.7 raging blows
    average execute 229k, execute crit chance 38.1%
    bloodbath damage 1.64m
    heroic leap crit chance 32%

Basically point is that enrage uptime is not the only thing of importance. In certain situations reck glyph will become a dps increase (getting 4 part tier would definitely help, as will gaining more crit) but making a generalisation that it will always be due to some handwaving about enrage uptime is grossly oversimplifying the situation.
    Last edited by mmocf8c85ab6c6; 2012-11-09 at 10:55 PM.