Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I have some little big question.

1st sorry for my bad english. Then i was thinking about the opening-burst time, example i start with all my CD like Reck+Blood fury+banner+bb and CS 1st, for this situation is better to use Berserk Rage and do 2x RB with more crit chance and under CS debuff or is better to save BR for later?

For u is better relic with carbonic or coren? for food i like the 200 crit one, cheap and good, isn't?

Then i saw some very good warrior with Starshatter HC + 2pc T14 going for Arms, why no Fury TG? is it possible they change because the 25% buff on MS is better over the 25% on BT?

Thanks a lot of for any answer

Quote Originally Posted by Saevus.Reptile View Post
    Where exactly did you derive that statement from?

Critical strike rating becomes a whole lot less valuable at 100% enrage uptime (and 100% BT crit, which is pretty much the same thing, said in a different way), which is easily reached with the recklessness glyph. Having the 4 set bonus means that this delivers you a guaranteed 12,6% enrage uptime and a guaranteed 5 Raging Blows. Not using the glyph would result in a guaranteed 8,6% enrage uptime.

Seeing that more raging blows are going to benefit from the 30% extra crit while using the glyph vs less raging blows benefitting but having more chance to crit we can quite confidently say that the rest of the glyph effects even eachother out quite well.

Thus effectively using the recklessness glyph grants us 4% more enrage uptime. Obviously we have to take into account that we might have critted with blood thirst either way. The calculations for average blood thirst uptime during an 18 second window are quite complex so I doubt it's worth fully calculating it here but very very very rougly taken we can cut the benefits in half. This leaves us with the recklessness glyph granting us 2% more enrage uptime.

Assuming our enrage (example) increases our damage done by 15%, a 2% extra uptime will grant us an overall 0,3% damage increase.

This might seem little (and it is so), but I really doubt that dealing 10% more damage on whirlwind on a single target fight is going to result in a net gain of over 0.3% damage done. Try to find me a SINGLE TARGET boss log where whirlwind deals more than 3% of the character's damage and I might of course reconsider my opinion.

Simply stating that recklessness glyph is bad while not proving that the other glyph is any better is quite silly though.
    No Glyph would be better that Glyph of Reck. Also, every fight benefits from other glyphs. Raging Wind, CSmash, Rude Interruption, Enraged Speed, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ochron View Post
    No Glyph would be better that Glyph of Reck. Also, every fight benefits from other glyphs. Raging Wind, CSmash, Rude Interruption, Enraged Speed, etc.
    Is this also true with the 4 set bonus?

Slightly off topic question, but is the Reck glyph also a poor choice for Arms then?

Glyph of Reck is actually a lower amount of Crit over the course of the fight. I don't see why this would change with the 4 piece bonus or with Arms.

Hm... any numbers for how much of an increase Raging Wind (TG) is on single target? Enraged speed also seems interesting (trying to find nice replacements for the reck glyph). Also, I asked this before, but as Raging Wind TG, I assume I'd only use WW as rage dump instead of unprocced WS if the buff is actually up. Will be a little more to track, then.

Garalon sweeping strike/BF feature has already been hotfixed? Is there a point in doing it in arms, or I can get back to fury?

10+ Year Old Account
    Something I have been meaning to ask, but have been forgetting to - how much does the Cleave change on PTR (115% weapon damage when a 1 hander is equipped) boost SMF's AOE capabilities? I am curious to see if this change puts it ahead of or on par with TG for AOE fights. Just with napkin math, N Elegion vs N Starshatter (10500 top end vs 18000 top end), the top end of Elegion factoring in the 35% SMF damage bonus is 78% of Starshatter's, and the 115% cleave puts each cleave target at 90% of Starshatter's normal damage versus 82% of Starshatter's weapon damage to 2 targets as TG. 8% increase over TG's cleave damage is nothing to be laughed at, but do you think it makes SMF competitive with TG on situations with more than 2 targets?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

http://www.wowhead.com/news=208289/r...endless-spring

Holy Fury buff, Batman. Bloodthirst now has a 100% chance to proc Bloodsurge? I can't help but think this is a mistake, because that is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ochron View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=208289/r...endless-spring

Holy Fury buff, Batman. Bloodthirst now has a 100% chance to proc Bloodsurge? I can't help but think this is a mistake, because that is ridiculous.
    101%, even.

I can't help but think that it's terribly incorrect. I wouldn't mind an increase from 20% to 25/30/33% or something like that, though.

Yeah, I agree 100%. Just going to have to wait for the servers to come back up to check the patch notes.

Bloodsurge is most certainly not proccing 100% of the time.

I've been wondering if it's a valid thing to wait with using raging blow until the next bloodthirst to see if you can stack it twice and then use it once eitehr way. Either you have two stacks and will continue to be enraged or you didn't and should use it before it runs out. All the guides just say use raging blow as a filler between bloodthirst but nothing on at what time. I mean would I do more damage if i just used it as soon as it procs? But wouldn't that cancel the enrage and all the rest of my attacks does less damage until I can proc a new one. Sure we are just talking about 3 seconds but still. Not sure on how you do?

Deleted
    Using raging blow doesn't consume your enrage.

Oh lol must have totally read it wrong at first then or just assumed wrong. I thought since you loose the ability to use raging blow I thought it was due to loosing enrage.

A little off topic and possible covered elsewhere, but I'm a little confused about something. (Also, I don't remember the names of the trinkets, and I'm in a hurry, my apologies)

AskMrRobot is saying that Ghost Iron Dragonling is #1 trinket under absolute values and that, other than the Will of the Emperor Trinket (maybe wrong boss, but blahblahblah raiding trinket), the next best is the ilvl 463 expertise +on use strength (not carbonic carbunkle, the other one). My question is, since I have the darkmoon faire relic and coren's crappy coaster, should I use those instead even though they're "absolutely" worse trinkets. Thanks for your help and I'm sorry if this is a question easily solvable by simcraft. I'm still learning how to use it properly.

Since Arms got hit by the nerfbat, I've decided to stick to fury for Garalon, as I find fury to be more fun, in general. I do have two questions/issues, though:

1: Would you say it's worth celaving (aka making use of ww+rb), or is it a better idea to just spend everything on single targeting the legs (since they are the ones that you have bonus damage against)?

2: I'd appreciate some tips regarding movement on this boss, the leg movements can be fairly erratic and quite frankly frustrating, imo. I've glyphed enraged speed but would you recommend double time or juggernaut for this fight? Any other tips are also appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a quick question regarding crit and gemming for Fury, as far as I can tell and like the guide says crit takes precedence over anything else.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%A1l/simple

If you take a look at my armoury, you can see that iv'e gone for straight crit genning in many places unless the socket bonus is crit. Is this correct, or should I change the gems in say, my chest and legs to get the Strength socket bonuses?

Many thanks for a reply!

10+ Year Old Account
    You should still be getting the socket bonuses that give str as well. Use hit/crit gems in blue sockets, exp/crit in red sockets (if your lacking expertise on gear and have trouble reaching caps) or use str/crit

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 01:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Since Arms got hit by the nerfbat, I've decided to stick to fury for Garalon, as I find fury to be more fun, in general. I do have two questions/issues, though:

1: Would you say it's worth celaving (aka making use of ww+rb), or is it a better idea to just spend everything on single targeting the legs (since they are the ones that you have bonus damage against)?

2: I'd appreciate some tips regarding movement on this boss, the leg movements can be fairly erratic and quite frankly frustrating, imo. I've glyphed enraged speed but would you recommend double time or juggernaut for this fight? Any other tips are also appreciated.
    Fury is actually really good on the legs too with meatcleaver stacks and RB. The legs shouldn't be moving too much unless your tanks/kiters are having the boss turn a corner or something. They do lift up in the air for when he does crush but that shouldn't be very often. Try to keep your back to the body and face towards the leg. That's what I've been doing and it seems to work out pretty well.

If legs're moving around like crazy, then people are running around and passing the pheremones where they shouldn't. I see it a lot in lfr. Just have one person take control, hit the boss first and disengage/heroic leap/blink to the edge of the room so it doesn't get passed around the raid. Other than that, they don't really move and it's kindof a boring fight to dps.