Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I'm still not terribly certain about my reforging. Disregarding expertise perfection for now (seriously, does every piece hafta have expertise on it?) I'm well over the hitcap right now since I've been reforging my mastery and haste into hit if I couldn't reforge it into crit on that item instead.

So my crit/mastery and crit/haste items all get reforged into crit/something/hit.

The thing I'm uncertain about is, at this point, should I dumpstat Mastery instead? Or keep piling up hit just to be swimming in rage and get my white hits in? Or is that mindset firmly stuck in tier13?

Titan's Grip btw.
    Go with mastery. Overcapping hit is fairly experimental at this point, and everyone I see doing it are SMF anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Go with mastery. Overcapping hit is fairly experimental at this point, and everyone I see doing it are SMF anyway.
    Aight, I'll give it a shot. Let's see if I beat our #1 tonight. (mage)
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    1. Great Guide
    2. Veery confused about the rotation, could someone outline the start of a normal fight ?

Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    A little off topic and possible covered elsewhere, but I'm a little confused about something. (Also, I don't remember the names of the trinkets, and I'm in a hurry, my apologies)

AskMrRobot is saying that Ghost Iron Dragonling is #1 trinket under absolute values and that, other than the Will of the Emperor Trinket (maybe wrong boss, but blahblahblah raiding trinket), the next best is the ilvl 463 expertise +on use strength (not carbonic carbunkle, the other one). My question is, since I have the darkmoon faire relic and coren's crappy coaster, should I use those instead even though they're "absolutely" worse trinkets. Thanks for your help and I'm sorry if this is a question easily solvable by simcraft. I'm still learning how to use it properly.

AskMrRobot also told one of my guild mages to gem for expertise... hes fairly new to the game so he was actually going to do it. Luckily he asked about it in the guild chat and we managed to help him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    AskMrRobot also told one of my guild mages to gem for expertise... hes fairly new to the game so he was actually going to do it. Luckily he asked about it in the guild chat and we managed to help him.
    Hit equals Expertise so why not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    AskMrRobot is saying that Ghost Iron Dragonling is #1 trinket under absolute values and that, other than the Will of the Emperor Trinket (maybe wrong boss, but blahblahblah raiding trinket), the next best is the ilvl 463 expertise +on use strength (not carbonic carbunkle, the other one). My question is, since I have the darkmoon faire relic and coren's crappy coaster, should I use those instead even though they're "absolutely" worse trinkets. Thanks for your help and I'm sorry if this is a question easily solvable by simcraft. I'm still learning how to use it properly.
    Never look at absolute values in AMR but look at relative. thats the best advise i can give to see what are upgrades to what you are currently wearing.
    AMR has explained a few times how dragonling trinket gets so high.

Absolute value looks at it as if you had no other gear besides that trinket, in that case you lack a lot of +hit and +exp so they are weighted VERY high.
    hope that does give a better insight to it.
    Relative values considers your current gear.
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Uhh, yeah... As already said, Expertise = Spell Hit now so casters can use it. AMR is right with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunkin View Post
    Hey guys, I had a question about the fillers in between bloodthirsts. Since i'm at ilevel 478 and looking at around 21.67% crit I usually dont get procs off of bloodthirst to be able to use Raging Blow as a filler, and since Bloodsurge is only 20% chance I usually dont get that either. So im usually left with Heroic throw and Wild strike, and since Heroic throw is a pretty terrible DPS gain I usually go for Wild Strike. But I almost always find myself with too low rage to be able to use Wild Strikes in between fillers if I want to have enough rage for my CS dump. So I'm usually left sitting there wasting GCD in between bloodthirsts. Is this normal? Should I be doing something other then using Wild Strike to be a filler?

Here's a link to my armory just incase reforging is the problem or something like that.
    us . battle . net /wow/en/character/spinebreaker/Hunkin/simple
    Sorry for the spaces, I just made the account so can't post links yet.
    You are experiencing poor RNG and it can happen to anyone. Completely normal. Use normal WS:es outside of CS only to prevent from capping rage.

so its oki to have empty gcds outside a cs in order to have enough rage for HS spam inside a cs?

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    so its oki to have empty gcds outside a cs in order to have enough rage for HS spam inside a cs?
    Yes. It's okay.

Deleted
    I have question related to CS usage and 'mainentance' phase.

How many seconds is "few" seconds, aka how many seconds I should start pooling rage before CS? currently I have started to pool rage around 5 seconds(1 BT) before CS comes off cooldown. As TG my rage seems to be around 20-40 inside 'build up' phase but sometimes I just don't have over 30-40 rage when CS comes off CD, so should I delay CS untill i have over 60+ rage?

Quote Originally Posted by Yiris View Post
    I have question related to CS usage and 'mainentance' phase.

How many seconds is "few" seconds, aka how many seconds I should start pooling rage before CS? currently I have started to pool rage around 5 seconds(1 BT) before CS comes off cooldown. As TG my rage seems to be around 20-40 inside 'build up' phase but sometimes I just don't have over 30-40 rage when CS comes off CD, so should I delay CS untill i have over 60+ rage?
    You should start it the moment the previous CS ends. Use WS/HS to prevent from capping rage, but you want to have as much as possible for the CS, basically.

Deleted
    Sorry if this has already been asked. Should I use the Crit JC gems or the Str JC gems? I'm new to DPS; just switched to Fury MS today.

Critical Strike, it's a 200 dps difference.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

Deleted
    You should start it the moment the previous CS ends. Use WS/HS to prevent from capping rage, but you want to have as much as possible for the CS, basically.
    Explain more please, wouldn't that just hurt my dps ALOT? Like after my CS ends i have currently just used: BT -> Filler -> Filler -> BT(unless I've had BS procs and RB STACKS) until there is around 4-6 seconds CD left on CS then I have pooled rage and used CS after new BT and bursted.

Also, I don't understand why I should use RB(1 stack) and all bloodsurge stacks same time if CS is on CD(CS debuff is not active), wouldn't it just be same to use all bloodsurge stacks and then new BT and if it crits use two RB stacks?

EDIT: FEW WORDS
    Last edited by mmoc653cdc43e9; 2012-11-25 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiris View Post
    Explain more please, wouldn't that just hurt my dps ALOT?

Also, I don't understand why I should use RB(1 stack) and all bloodsurge stacks same time if CS is on CD, wouldn't it just be same to use all bloodsurge stacks and then new BT and if it crits use two RB stacks?
    Your goal is to pump as much rage/damage as possible into your colossus smashes. Rage spent inside a colossus smash >>>> rage spent outside of a colossus smash. You might run into poor rng where you don't do much else than BT:s and BS/HT for a while, but that's life. Your goal is to be close to the rage cap when CS comes off CD.

As for your second question, I'd say that rather than the priority being RB > Bloodsurged wild strikes, it's RB (at 2 stacks) > Bloodsurged wild strikes > RB (at 1 stack).

Deleted
    Your goal is to pump as much rage/damage as possible into your colossus smashes. Rage spent inside a colossus smash >>>> rage spent outside of a colossus smash. You might run into poor rng where you don't do much else than BT:s and BS/HT for a while, but that's life. Your goal is to be close to the rage cap when CS comes off CD.

As for your second question, I'd say that rather than the priority being RB > Bloodsurged wild strikes, it's RB (at 2 stacks) > Bloodsurged wild strikes > RB (at 1 stack).
    Okay, fair enough and thanks for quick answer.

Deleted
    Would you guys recommend playing TG with two Normal Starshatter or 1x Heroic and 1x Raidfinder Elegion, the fanged Crescent. I don't really trust rawr and other simulation sites/programs atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the fight, the dual Starshatter would probably be better for AoE/cleave fights (Stone guard, Garalon) until the 5.1 onehander Cleave buff, and I'd imagine the Elegions would be better for single target actually - SMF is generally higher than TG, and their "average" itemlevel is the same as your Starshatters. If you get a LFR Jaws w/ gem or a LFR Scimitar, then SMF would definitely be your best bet, and LFR isn't exactly hard or too stingy with items in my experience. Or, you could just go Arms with one Starshatter on cleave fights and use your 2 1 handers for SMF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

what's an optimal opener in regards to getting the most out of reck and bloodbath and RB stacks?