Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Use DR and BB on the global right before you CS, and make sure you have 2 RB charges so you can make an RB>RB>BT>RB cycle likely. Try to never DR with a crit buff, e.g. Recklessness/SB that you can control.
    Rabsies
    <The Horsemen> US25 - Shadowmoon US - 14/14 25H
    "Just play the game"

SB increases crit damage so it buffs DR.

Deleted
    Indeed, you should never DR without skullbanner ideally.

On a related note, the 5.1 rep trinket makes things rather awkward, as during recklessness the extra crit is partially wasted. It's not entirely wasted of course; during recklessness everything apart from bloodthirst has approximately a 77% chance to crit with decent gear (25% crit unbuffed, 5% crit buff, 3% crit suppression, 50% recklessness crit) and the trinket turns that into roughly 82%. But at such high crit values the relative worth of crit is naturally diminished; with 77% crit the relative gain from 5% crit is much smaller than at other points. If one were to choose not to use the trinket during recklessness but wait for the next CS window after, then the trinket would be out of sync with bloodbath which I'm sure would be an overall dps loss.

As a practical matter though, to get every gcd's worth out of the trinket, one should probably have it on a seperate keybind rather than macroed into bloodbath, as you want your dragon's roar buffed by bloodbath but not the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    Indeed, you should never DR without skullbanner ideally.

On a related note, the 5.1 rep trinket makes things rather awkward, as during recklessness the extra crit is partially wasted. It's not entirely wasted of course; during recklessness everything apart from bloodthirst has approximately a 77% chance to crit with decent gear (25% crit unbuffed, 5% crit buff, 3% crit suppression, 50% recklessness crit) and the trinket turns that into roughly 82%. But at such high crit values the relative worth of crit is naturally diminished; with 77% crit the relative gain from 5% crit is much smaller than at other points. If one were to choose not to use the trinket during recklessness but wait for the next CS window after, then the trinket would be out of sync with bloodbath which I'm sure would be an overall dps loss.

As a practical matter though, to get every gcd's worth out of the trinket, one should probably have it on a seperate keybind rather than macroed into bloodbath, as you want your dragon's roar buffed by bloodbath but not the trinket.
    I'm an engineer so my first thought was "**** that trinket". I believe someone made a trinket ranking, I'll try finding it but iirc it had N Lei Shin's as well as Xuen over the 5.1 trinket as an engineer. Which is good for me because I hate on use trinkets.

On another note, LFR Kri'lak with gem is better than N Elegion, right? How does Claws of Shek'zheer (with gem) compare to the other weapons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    I'm an engineer so my first thought was "**** that trinket". I believe someone made a trinket ranking, I'll try finding it but iirc it had N Lei Shin's as well as Xuen over the 5.1 trinket as an engineer. Which is good for me because I hate on use trinkets.
    This raises the question of which is better:

Heroic Lei Shen + Relic of Xuen + Synapse Springs

or

Heroic Lei Shen + 5.1 rep trinket + 320str/480crit (ench/skinning)

I was strongly considering dropping enchanting for engineering but decided not to when the 5.1 trinket was datamined, and I'm wary of being locked out of strong use trinkets if they continue to release them over the expansion, but am curious to know which setup is actually better at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    You're reading the sim wrong. You're looking at the Damage per Execute Time chart, which tells you basically how hard a single cast of an ability hits. Don't confuse "damage per execute time" with the ability execute or anything like that, it just means (in the case of warriors at least) "damage per global cooldown". It's saying one execute hits harder than one dragon roar which hits harder than 1 raging blow and so on.

If you want to see what % of your overall damage each ability should be you look at the DPS% column of the Abilities table.
    Thanks mate. How accurate is Simcraft? I can do the Rota almost eye folded and I cant reach the simmed DPS. It's a matter of 15k DPS.
    Can't help me anymore. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Pirush View Post
    Thanks mate. How accurate is Simcraft? I can do the Rota almost eye folded and I cant reach the simmed DPS. It's a matter of 15k DPS.
    Can't help me anymore. :|
    Remember that what's simmed is a patchwerk fight - no movement, no target switching, nothing. I find myself very close to the simmed DPS on a boss like Feng, with little movement and a decent gain from Berserker Stance usage.

@Rhia, I'd go Engi anyway, it's just too fun not to have

Except when your nitroboosts fail. Then it's not fun anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    Remember that what's simmed is a patchwerk fight - no movement, no target switching, nothing. I find myself very close to the simmed DPS on a boss like Feng, with little movement and a decent gain from Berserker Stance usage.

Except when your nitroboosts fail. Then it's not fun anymore.
    I should do like 89k DPS (patchwerk), but since 1 week i cant top 75k!
    Before I've done the rota how it supposed to be, I got higher DPS with BB an BR binded on BT and hitting CDs random, and such stuff. So I cant imagine whats wrong now.

I got higher DPS with BB an BR binded on BT and hitting CDs random
    Why would you use BR on cool down? It should be used for when you're in a sticky situation during a CS window you're trying to execute RB>RB>BT>RB in e.g. your BT doesn't crit, or your RB stack falls off before you spend both stacks. You should also never use cool downs randomly, you should line up as many as possible for CS windows, this means delaying a CS window if Recklessness is near off CD.

And if you posted logs, I'm sure someone would tell you what you're doing wrong.
    Rabsies
    "Just play the game"

Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    Why would you use BR on cool down? It should be used for when you're in a sticky situation during a CS window you're trying to execute RB>RB>BT>RB in e.g. your BT doesn't crit, or your RB stack falls off before you spend both stacks. You should also never use cool downs randomly, you should line up as many as possible for CS windows, this means delaying a CS window if Recklessness is near off CD.

And if you posted logs, I'm sure someone would tell you what you're doing wrong.
    Berserker Rage shouldn't be used like that. It should be used to keep an as high enrage uptime as possible.

Deleted
    Whenever BT + CS are on CD and you are not enraged you enrage.

I tried implying that, but I guess I did a terrible job.
    Rabsies
    "Just play the game"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirush View Post
    I should do like 89k DPS (patchwerk), but since 1 week i cant top 75k!
    Before I've done the rota how it supposed to be, I got higher DPS with BB an BR binded on BT and hitting CDs random, and such stuff. So I cant imagine whats wrong now.
    Please guys, read before posting.. Btw how can I post logs? I know about WOL but I have no idea how I can get logged there and stuff..

Ok, so I am pretty new to Fury Warrior.

I understand the rotation I think, BT - Filler - Filler, and I understand the CS rotation too. Now my crit levels are quite low as is my item level so maybe that is the problem but I am struggling to know what fillers to use when CS on cooldown and I have no procs up. Trying to pool my rage for CS not using and Wild Strikes outside of proc, using Impending Victory each CD along with Battle Shout but still feels like there are so many windows where I press nothing.

Cheers,
    Jaja

Jaja, you'll have that problem until 20-25% crit or so. If you have a spare GCD throw in a heroic throw. Or battle shout is fine too. But don't feel too bad about wasting a GCD. 30 Rage spent on a 25k wild strike is a loss compared to just hanging out and saving up that rage for a CS window when it hits for 40-50k.

I do have a question for everyone though (really a clarification between the slight contradiction between what Maxie said about keeping highest uptime possible, and what Adsertif said). It's splitting hairs, but should I try to pop BR anytime my enrage falls off, or should I save it for the off chance that I get a CS window that doesn't enrage from BT+CS? I could imagine that an argument could be made either way.
    Last edited by Reckles; 2012-12-18 at 03:38 PM.

Deleted
    You just need to be sure that you are enraged in the CS phase. So if you have luck with your proccs you don't need to hit BR, but I guess it's much safer if you hit it only before CS, unless you are enraged..

Thanks yeah, I thought gear was the issue.

Working on more crit

Enrage is obviously more valuable inside a CS window, but would it be beneficial to have high uptime outside of it to gain the maximum amount of rage? I mean, is there any point if you're hitting criticals and stacking the RB reliably to use it outside of the CS window, at that point you'd probably need to dump rage on WS/HS anyway. Otherwise all you're effectively doing is sitting around waiting for the CS window, managing your rage slightly under cap, trying to fill as many globals as you can with something viable not detrimental to said window.

I honestly don't think it would make a big difference either way, if your gear isn't amazing and you rarely rage cap without cool downs I guess an argument could be made. If someone like Collision wants to do some math, I'd be interested.
    Rabsies
    "Just play the game"

I really believe that it would be a loss to sit on your berserker rage to ensure that you're enraged for a colossus smash. A couple of reasons:

-you'd rarely use it. There is already a high chance that you're enraged for the colossus smash. If you're enraged during one colossus smash and want to save it to ensure that you're enraged for the next, it would sit for at least 20 seconds without being used at all.

-the cooldown doesn't line up with colossus smash at all. If you did this, you could only use it for every other colossus smash (IF you happen to not be enraged).

-lower total uptime on enrage. While it is true that most of our damage is dealt within the colossus smashes, our damage outside of colossus smash matters as well.

-fewer raging blows gained in total. Keep in mind that our goal is to pump as much damage into each colossus smash as possible, and the "best case scenario" for a colossus smash has 3 (!) raging blows within it.

You're welcome to theorycraft around it, but to me it seems obvious - use it to keep your total enrage uptime as high as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I concur with Maxie. Use BzR to max out your enrage time.

In practice and theory it is the superior option.
    Roseby - Fury/Arms Warrior
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

Requiel's #1 Fan.