Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    To the best of my knowledge Medallion and Xuen sim very closely to each other in that case, so I would say it is up to personal preference which one you pick in addition to Lei Shen's. My personal opinion would be to go with Xuen since it stacks better with reck during opening and execute bursts (additional crit buffs during reck are pretty much wasted). If you haven't bought the Medallion yet, the VP could probably be spent better elsewhere.

Deleted
    Is Dancing Steel better than Windsong on Off-Hand for SMF?

Some Warriors claim that Windsong is better. Is there any truth to this?

Quote Originally Posted by ZaxomA View Post
    Is Dancing Steel better than Windsong on Off-Hand for SMF?

Some Warriors claim that Windsong is better. Is there any truth to this?
    It used to be, but not anymore AFAIK. The DS RPPM change made DS better.
    Window#1725

Easy - US Zul'jin

15+ Year Old Account
    Some quick questions. Just got heroic ambershaper sword and I'm not able to upgrade it yet. What combo would be the best between:
    2/2 heroic elegon axe
    1/2 normal sha with 500 gem and 320 crit gem
    0/0 heroic amber shaper sword

Also, I just leveled eng today. I assume macroing it to cs is better than dragon roar. Although I have to assume it's better to not macro it at all in case I miss a cs some how, so when am I suppose to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Also, I just leveled eng today. I assume macroing it to cs is better than dragon roar. Although I have to assume it's better to not macro it at all in case I miss a cs some how, so when am I suppose to use it?
    If you want to macro it, bloodbath is a solid choice as well since all three (BB, DR and synapse) have a 1 min cd and should always be lined up with bloodbath being activated prior to DR. This combo is also used on a gcd before CS since you don't want to put the DR inside the CS window. You also want to put it into your "blow cooldowns" macros for e.g. execute.

I have two macro. Deadly calm and everything that provides crit is macro'd with CS. Everything that increases my damages but is not crit macro'd with Bloodbath.
    So I can do Bloodbath (macro) -> Dragon Roar -> CS (macro).
    If I use my CS macro with a modifier (ctrl), that casts only CS, so that I can easily delay the utilisation of my cooldowns. And I have more or less the same thing for my Bloodbath macro (actually, I have a keybind for the macro and a different keybind for Bloodbath itself).

Anyway, the rule is simple, if it provides crit, you don't want to macro it with Bloodbath nor Dragon roar.
    Last edited by Senen; 2013-02-15 at 11:12 AM.

Deleted
    A few months ago, I asked what stance fury should be in, battle or berserker. you said that it depends on the fight.

is it known yet which fights favor which stance, or if we should stancedance?

If you don't know what to do, stay in battle stance.
    You should only switch for fury stance when you lose more %hp by second that you would gain rage in battle stance.
    Like explosions of protectors against Elegon 10NM or end phase of Elegon, or bladerain against Mel'jarak, or Force and Verve against Zor'lok, etc.
    I don't have an exhaustive list, though. But the rule is quite simple "huge damage incoming? switch to zerk stance".

Deleted
    I see. What about leveling from, say, 80 onwards? should I stick to battle stance then as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay in Battle Stance. If you are in a situation while levelling where you can outrage battle w/ Zerker, you will probably die.
    Roseby - Fury/Arms Warrior
    Jobei - Elemental Shaman

Requiel's #1 Fan.

Deleted
    Can someone please list stat weights for fury (TG)? Including weighting for hit after soft cap. Can't seem to find the info anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by miralikath View Post
    Can someone please list stat weights for fury (TG)? Including weighting for hit after soft cap. Can't seem to find the info anywhere.
    Depends on gear level so can't help you much without running it through simulations.

Deleted
    Generally speaking, whether you are using stat weights or a general stat order doesn't have any influence on reforging, gemming or enchanting. There are some very rare cases where your stat weights are in just that spot where you might want to consider changing a reforge or 2. Example is an item with more hit than haste, where it's better to reforge the hit to crit instead of the haste. then again, you might want to look into replacing that item anyway, since it's horribly itemized.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Generally speaking, whether you are using stat weights or a general stat order doesn't have any influence on reforging, gemming or enchanting. There are some very rare cases where your stat weights are in just that spot where you might want to consider changing a reforge or 2. Example is an item with more hit than haste, where it's better to reforge the hit to crit instead of the haste. then again, you might want to look into replacing that item anyway, since it's horribly itemized.
    Right, cool... so what would be the best source for picking gems and reforges? I'm really not trusting Mr. Robot at the moment - it seems to be going a bit mad on mastery, and it messes up my expertise (I get an expertise bonus for my MH weapon due to being human, so Mr Robot doesn't allow for expertise cap on OH)

Deleted
    Right, cool... so what would be the best source for picking gems and reforges? I'm really not trusting Mr. Robot at the moment - it seems to be going a bit mad on mastery, and it messes up my expertise (I get an expertise bonus for my MH weapon due to being human, so Mr Robot doesn't allow for expertise cap on OH)
    considering gems: i'd just follow socket bonuses that aren't haste, but focus on crit. crit is far and away the best stat you can get, and there's double the amount compared to STR. and even if it isn't 100% optimal, it's never going to be more than a few dozen DPS, which is made up for by RNG.

reforges: use reforgelite ingame addon. it calculates the optimal reforge path for you, even without stat weights. just enter the secondary stat sequence in the OP and go ahead. do this after gems and enchants of course.

if you really want to calculate stat weights, I believe simcraft is your best bet. Landsoul put his spreadsheet behind a paywall. I don't know how accurate simcraft is, but there aren't any other up to date tools out there.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    reforges: use reforgelite ingame addon. it calculates the optimal reforge path for you

Reforgelite doesn't compute the optimal reforges. It computes some rather correct reforges, but not the optimal ones. I tried again recently with different settings, and WoWReforge is definitely better, by far. (But WoWReforge does not handle upgraded items, so you have to enter the stats of each upgraded item you have, and it's not IG so it takes some time.)
    Reforgelite is a good tool since it is really quick and you only have to click on one button, but it does not compute the optimal reforges.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Reforgelite doesn't compute the optimal reforges. It computes some rather correct reforges, but not the optimal ones. I tried again recently with different settings, and WoWReforge is definitely better, by far. (But WoWReforge does not handle upgraded items, so you have to enter the stats of each upgraded item you have, and it's not IG so it takes some time.)
    Reforgelite is a good tool since it is really quick and you only have to click on one button, but it does not compute the optimal reforges.
    Sometimes reforgelite gives you better results if you click "calculate" multiple times until you get it optimized better

askmrrobot.com will help you with the gear that you may need.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Your last sentence points to your problem. You are not supposed to only hit it once. You're supposed to hit the button at least 10 times. I don't know the exact technical reason, but WoW restricts how much an addon can use, so you need to do the optimization in steps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ochron View Post
    Your last sentence points to your problem. You are not supposed to only hit it once. You're supposed to hit the button at least 10 times. I don't know the exact technical reason, but WoW restricts how much an addon can use, so you need to do the optimization in steps.
    You can also edit the calculation speed. Quicker calculations are less likely to come up with a superior reforge then a slower, more in depth calculation.