Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yes, it's been opened. It contained a lot of letters and somehow 2 newspapers from 1914 and 1919. How they ended up in a sealed package from 1912 is a mystery, eh?

Someone beat me to it.
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2012-08-24 at 05:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    I was thinking, if this was packaged 1912 how the F can there be stuff from 1919 in there?
    He was a time traveler!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    No, because the vast majority of historians don't publish works on it, or have an interest in it.

Hence it's a minority interest subject.
    Well being as no-one is even sure of the content of the writing yet, other than they are norwegian, with some american correspondance and some documents... you are very sure of yourself. This isn't going anywhere as a discussion anyway... we shall agree to disagree, or you can keep arguing with yourself.
    Last edited by Maelle; 2012-08-24 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    maybe i should do it too, pack up something and let it get delivered to w/e in 300 years

Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    He was a time traveler!
    He obviously traveled with The Doctor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Maybe he IS The Doctor. A twelfth reincarnation who got stuck in 1912 and his companion in 2012. The papers are actually instructions telling the companion what to do.

I can't wait, this is exciting indeed! Could be anything, the fact that the package remained in tact for 100 years unopened is amazing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakha View Post
    Maybe he IS The Doctor. A twelfth reincarnation who got stuck in 1912 and his companion in 2012. The papers are actually instructions telling the companion what to do.
    Who is this doctor you're talking about? O.O

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    I can't wait, this is exciting indeed! Could be anything, the fact that the package remained in tact for 100 years unopened is amazing!
    They have already opened it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Well being as no-one is even sure of the content of the writing yet, other than they are norwegian, with some american correspondance and some documents... you are very sure of yourself. This isn't going anywhere as a discussion anyway... we shall agree to disagree, or you can keep arguing with yourself.
    Your agreement, or otherwise, is irrelevant to the fact.

the thing bugging me is why 2012???, why only may be opened in 2012, now thats a mystery... aaaaaand theyre probably hiding all the secret stuff from us

This has been a really elegant ceremony, I'm enjoying it. I sort of feel like I've stepped back in time.

The song sung in the beginning by the young woman was very beautiful. It sounded like an intro to a Luca Turilli track lol. The guitar, violin and bagpipes trio totally ripped it up, I love that style of folk music. And the dancer girl was, in my opinion, one of the highlights of the ceremony. Both she and her dance were absolutely breathtaking!

Can't wait to find out what information they'll uncover from all the documents contained within the package. Should be pretty interesting.

Deleted
    They will bring back the content from the package soon after some Scottish music. Wonder if they will comment on the newspapers?

http://www.vgtv.no/#!id=55544

In case anyone is still interested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    Who is this doctor you're talking about? O.O
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0436992/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakha View Post
    Thanks, might check it out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melon Lord View Post
    the thing bugging me is why 2012???
    Because it was packaged 1912, exactly 100 years ago. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Never knew opening a simple 100 year old package would get this much attention lol.

Yeah and what about the whole charade around it, I think this was an attempt at getting some attention and money into the city this event was hosted in more than anything else.
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2012-08-24 at 07:12 PM.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE: Contents of 100-Year-Old Norwegian Package Turn Out to Be Horribly Disappointing

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    UPDATE: Contents of 100-Year-Old Norwegian Package Turn Out to Be Horribly Disappointing

lol
    Disappointing to the media and general population, who were expecting a prophecy of the end of the world or some shit. Those archaeologists must be masturbating over it right now

Deleted
    It's the copy of Mists of Pandaria,collectors edition.