Thread: Riddles!

Riddles!

Lets start a thread for riddles!

A word I know, six letters it contains, subtract one, and twelve remains. What am I?

Dozens take away a letter leaving dozen.
    Note simply add (spoiler) to the start and (/spoiler) to the end to hide the answers.

( ) = [ ]

Just post a riddle and have fun with the others people share.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-24 at 02:08 AM.

What 2 coins make up 30 cents, when one of them is not a nickel?

One coin is a quarter, the other is a nickel. When told "one of them" isn't a nickel, you simply use the other coin as the nickel. Shamelessly taken from the TV show, Scrubs. <3

In a World where 2 is 2, 5 is 5, and 8 is 7, what thing appears when you multiply 3, 31, and 3 with out heaven or earth?

An egg. The question refers to the font used by calculators, or 7-segment font. The heaven and earth tells the user to turn the calculator upside down. 331 time 3 equals 993, which when read upside down spells the word "Egg".

It's from a Game/Anime. Haven't come across very many people that can answer the riddle. Riddle is from .Hack//SIGN

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 09:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Note simply add (spoiler) to the start and (/spoiler) to the end to hide the answers.

( ) = [ ]

Just post a riddle and have fun with the others people share.
    Explanation on how to do it is here; http://www.mmo-champion.com/misc.php?do=bbcode#spoiler
    Last edited by Arkuri; 2012-08-24 at 04:44 AM.

I have seas with no water, coast with no sand, towns without people, mountains without land. What am I?

A map. Riddle taken from the Sloth demon at the start of the mage origin from Dragon Age.
    Last edited by Raphtheone; 2012-08-24 at 08:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkuri View Post
    In a World where 2 is 2, 5 is 5, and 8 is 7, what thing appears when you multiply 3, 31, and 3 with out heaven or earth?
    how exactly do you write the number 2 with a calculator with only 2 stripes? shouldn't it be 2 is 5, or 1 is 2?

What can bring back the dead; make us cry, make us laugh, make us young, born in an instant yet lasts a lifetime?

Memories

I am the beginning of the end, and the end of time and space. I am essential to creation, and I surround every place. What am I?

The letter e. End, timE, spacE, Every placE

10+ Year Old Account
    The man who invented it doesn't want it. The man who bought it doesn't need it. The man who needs it doesn't know it. What is it?

A Coffin

Whats so fragile that even saying it's own name can break it?

Silence

I am the terror that flaps in the night, I am the auditor that wants to look at your books.

Darkwing Duck
    Last edited by DeadNotSleeping; 2012-08-28 at 06:33 AM.
    I see Stupid people!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadNotSleeping View Post
    I am the terror that flaps in the night, I am the auditor that wants to look at your books.

Darkwing Duck
    I am the hope of the omniverse. I am the lightbulb in the darkness. I am the bacon in the fridge for all living things that cry out in hunger. I am the alpha and the omega. I am the terror that flaps in the night.

I am Son Goku, and I am a Super Sayain.

Some of you have been playing through Baldur's Gate 2, and just did Spellhold.

A spirited jig it dances bright, banishing all but darkest night. Give it food and it will live; give it water and it will die.
    Fire

Two brothers we are, great burdens we bear, all day we are bitterly pressed; Yet this I will say - we are full all the day, and empty when we go to rest.
    A pair of boots

I have two heads but one body. The more I stand still, the faster I run
    An hourglass

I make you weak at the worst of time, but in the end I keep you save. You’ll sweat in my presence even as you grow cold, I dwell with the weak rarely with the brave but without me who could tell the difference.
    Fear
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

longer riddle with a more complicated answer, but here we go.

There is a house with 2 stories. the first floor has 3 switches on the wall. the second leads up to a room with a closed door. behind that dooe there is a lightbulb. You need to figure out which switch controls the lightbulb, but you are only allowed to go upstairs once. How do you discover which switch is attached to the light?

Flip one switch and leave it on for several minutes, then turn it off. then flip another switch, and go check the light. If the light is on, it was the second switch. if it's off but warm, it's the first switch. if it's off and cold, it's the switch that you did not touch.

Deleted
    What's the difference between Peanutbutter and Jam?

you can not peanutbutter your dick up someones ass

You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I?

A telephone

What can run but never walks,
    Has a mouth but never talks,
    Has a head but never weeps,
    Has a bed but never sleeps?

A river

RIDDLE ME THIS! If you know me, you'll want to share me. If you share me, I'll be gone.

a secret. It was the first riddle to pop into my head...
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2012-08-29 at 06:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

If a chicken says, "All Chickens are liars" is the chicken telling the truth?

Chickens can't talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    If a chicken says, "All Chickens are liars" is the chicken telling the truth?

Chickens can't talk!
    it was obviously a man in a chicken suit

what has a crack but isnt classified as broken?

YOUR BUTT!
    I see Stupid people!

Deleted
    Where will you find roads without cars, forests without trees and cities without houses?

A Map