Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

What has World Of Warcraft taught you?

Or, indeed, what have you learnt from having played WoW?
    Come on, think about it...
    To all you people who theorycraft... did half of you know much about maths and spreadsheets before WoW?
    Or perhaps you'd never played a videogame before WoW, and it taught you how... and it got you into more RPGs, FPSs, console games... stuff you'd have never tried had it not been for Warcraft?
    Or even more deeper, maybe you didn't have many friends before it, and it taught you how to socialize, interact with people...
    Maybe it even taught you how to lead a team of comrades, and sorting out disputes?
    Problem solving?
    Knowledge of armor and weaponry? (I had no idea what Spaulders were before WoW...)
    Maybe you met your wife/husband through the game, and it taught you to love (d'awww.)
    Or maybe you just had no idea what an internet was, and now you program addons (what a success story that'd be.)

So go on...
    What, apart from (hopefully) enjoyment has the game given you over the years?

Edit: Or even that people just suck. Negative nannies!
    Last edited by mmocd7e429002a; 2012-08-24 at 02:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The general population is full of jerks.

I've discovered how much I hate people.
    Last edited by Legacyjm; 2012-08-24 at 02:52 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    That people suck.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I learned exactly how much tolerance I have for doing constant daily quests in order to learn jewelcrafting patterns I will stop using as soon as I learn them all.
    Last edited by Mechanibull; 2012-08-24 at 02:49 AM.

That communication is sometimes very hard... and that my patience runs out quick sometimes...

10+ Year Old Account
    That people don't stay dead no matter how much I mutilate their corpse.
    -Insert flashy and awesome Photoshop signature of my WoW character here-

Deleted
    "Fire is bad, I hate people, I hate people, GRRRRRRRRRR, corpses, no patience!"

World Of Warcraft is educational.
    Let your kids play it.
    They'll turn out to be rational thinking people.
    I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That people suck.
    Indeed. I can't believe how many people can down Madness (Yes I understand its a joke, but still) yet they can't handle NORMAL Ragnaros.

The only thing I've really "learned" from World of Warcraft is in regards to relationships. Not romantic ones, but I've met many a cool people in WoW, and I can't say the same about any other video game, in comparison. Sure, there are shitty people, but I prefer to surround myself with good people, not bad ones.

The world is full of asshats, learn to deal with it.

Deleted
    WoW taught me how to be patient, its true tho, could be because I aged but I take my time explaining things to the so called "noobs" and they turn out as good players if they are willing to listen .

dont stand in the fire, and keep your healthstone close to you.
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    That people are basically just all beasts.
    Look! Words!

It taught me how much I hate most people.

Before WoW I grossly overestimated most people in terms of intelligence, ability to learn, and general agreeableness. Healthily jaded now.

Though on the flipside this makes me value my friends more. People I want to spend time with are a rare breed.

Also I bonded with my boyfriend a lot on WoW, and with other friends that I had pre-WoW already.
    Last edited by neccowafer; 2012-08-24 at 03:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW has taught me that an MMO can be extremely rich with amazing and entertaining lore and characters without feeling the need to forcefeed them to you everytime you turn around, allowing you to enjoy it at your own pace.

Games like The Secret World and The Old Republic could have taken a cue here.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, it taught me teamwork, communication and leadership, all from being in a guild.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I've made so many friends in WoW that I couldn't honestly ever forget my time playing it. That's probably what makes me keep logging on every so often. Even though I'm not in a very talkative guild anymore :/ I've just met some incredible people in my WoW career, some of them unforgettable.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

That when I am in the mood to see how low humanity can sink, I can log on and watch trade chat for a bit...