Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Yes, by spending lots of time and money reforging and lots of time beating on the practice dummies - which is what I had already planned on doing, anyway, despite the confidence that I have in Exemplar's and Balhale's data.

I first plan on reforging to the new hit/exp caps and then keeping the existing mst->crit->hst priority, then I'll swap to a mst->hst->crit priority, and finally to hst->mst->crit. In between I'll do a ten minute rotation on the dummies and then compare results and pick the strongest of the three different setups. For buffs, I will probably only use Seal of Truth so that Kings/Might can't be said to have skewed the data.
    Except that Might will absolutely provide a huge skew of the data. That increase in mastery will push it down in value relative to the other stats. Similarly the crit raid buff does the same thing for crit. There is a reason we model stat scaling stuff in a full raid buff environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    Except that Might will absolutely provide a huge skew of the data. That increase in mastery will push it down in value relative to the other stats. Similarly the crit raid buff does the same thing for crit. There is a reason we model stat scaling stuff in a full raid buff environment.
    True enough. But I can't reliably get full raid buffs on-demand for direct dummy testing. After I get those stat builds run and compared, though, I can make a few logical assumptions based on the presence of full buffs. I do raid both tomorrow and Wednesday and get pretty much every buff then, but I want to have some testing done and a reasonable, practical confidence in going in with the new changes.

Speaking of raid buffs, who all is bringing the crit buff, now? Pored over MoPHead's calculator awhile back and only found the crit buff being brought by bears, but that can't really be all. One of my group's tanks is a bear, so I'm covered, but I'm just curious because it looked like Fury lost Rampage and I know Elemental Shaman lost theirs, too.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Monks and I think Crit is baked into the Mage buff also.

Wow. That's just...Lame.

Deleted
    Is herbalism now our best profession together with blacksmithing? There we can get max haste, and herbalism is like engineering u get it when u want it.
    Last edited by mmoc4b38abf08f; 2012-08-27 at 10:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmor View Post
    Is herbalism now our best profession together with blacksmithing? There we can get max haste, and herbalism is like engineering u get it when u want it.

It'd be 480 Haste rating (averaged out, IIRC +/- some for the fight) vs 320 Str. Don't go jumping on any bandwagons.

With JC'ing your options are;

640 str OR 960 Haste or Mastery.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-08-28 at 07:15 AM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Deleted
    jep youre right, we should wait and herbalism isnt expensive to change if it rushes forward.
    Last edited by mmoc4b38abf08f; 2012-08-27 at 10:16 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, haste seems to be alot better on beta then it is on live currently...mastery, nothing has changed bout it...so haste and mastery are prolly neck n neck, but im no theorycrafter just making assumptions

crit...is crit... plus inq gives us free 10% crit now

I got the HoW issue fixed - here are stat weights for SW post that fix, reforging and gemming for haste (meeting socket bonuses)

And SW: (reforged but not gemmed for haste)

And DP: (reforged but not gemmed for haste)

And HA: (reforged but not gemmed for haste)

Interesting. What haste gems did you use for the first SW sim - orange str/hst gems in red, hst in yellow, and hst/hit in blue? Or did you just load up with the oranges? And would the sims for HA and DP shift similarly if run with the same haste gemming as the SW test?

Oranges in red, haste in yellow and prismatics (belt bracer gloves) and I don't believe there are any blue sockets on the BiS gear.

Whoa.. if that's accurate, I'ma be gemming lots o' strength/haste.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-08-28 at 12:57 AM.

Oranges in red, haste in yellow and prismatics (belt bracer gloves) and I don't believe there are any blue sockets on the BiS gear.
    In full BiS, no, of course; unfortunately, I'm not one of the lucky few to be full BiS. All these orange gems are gonna drop total strength and I'm wondering what would serve better for matching blue sockets in the vendor belt and the tier shoulders - str/hit or hst/hit...Though I'm not even sure if hst/hits exist, come to think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    In full BiS, no, of course; unfortunately, I'm not one of the lucky few to be full BiS. All these orange gems are gonna drop total strength and I'm wondering what would serve better for matching blue sockets in the vendor belt and the tier shoulders - str/hit or hst/hit...Though I'm not even sure if hst/hits exist, come to think of it.
    Haste/Hit is called Lightning Elven Peridot.
    Last edited by Juicy; 2012-08-28 at 02:54 AM.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Haste hit exists im sure, its just one of those many green gems no one usually touches.
    Last edited by Jinivus; 2012-08-28 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    Haste/Hit is called Lightning Elven Peridot.
    Thank you. I'll have to get on my JC and ensure that I have at least the blue-quality version, should it be needed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmor View Post
    jep youre right, we should wait and herbalism isnt expensive to change if it rushes forward.
    Yeah, unless the burst of Haste would be good, I'd personally say stick with JC/BS for the 2 sockets and x2 320 str (640 str) or x2 480 (960) Haste or Mastery Gems.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

engi > jc.
    Meh. It's not as much of a gain as it was before the nerf. Not worth switching to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    engi > jc.
    It averages out to more or less a 490 str gain, dependent on fight length. As opposed to 640 str for JC. 320 str for JC

This is assuming the use of the Synapse springs is always ideal (Maximum allowed uses in the fight consumed, 100% effective on boss time when buff is up) and the fight conditions are ideal to make the figure work.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-08-28 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Being incredibly dense and repeating numbers over and over.