View Poll Results: Do you think Lance Armstrong should face trial for fraud?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    53 48.18%
  • No

    57 51.82%
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellerx12 View Post
    He's a scumbag. He cheats on his wife, he would cheat in anything else.
    That's one hell of a leap you made, maybe they should test you for steroids there... just sayin.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  2. #62
    This is a witch hunt, pure and simple. He's absolutely innocent by all standards.

  3. #63
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    No. Outside observer who is amazed at the support this guy is getting and how blind people are to how he is playing them. This guy has an ego the size of North America and is sitting back laughing his ass off that he's still getting away with it all. The USADA has him dead to rights, and he's still managed to back them into a no win corner. If they present their evidence they'll look petty for doing so after he backed down, if they don't people will still think he's innocent because he never tested positive, if they file criminal charges then they public will just think the witch hunt is continuing and just leave the guy alone. He's a smart guy and he won even tho he lost.
    Newsflash sparky, if they had 'evidence' they'd have presented it... cause right now they look like a bunch of retarded fucknuts.. as far as YOU sir, if he's guilty, prove it.. if not... get off his ass.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  4. #64
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,511
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    USADA has no such authority to strip his titles, and its completely laughable if they claim to.
    No evidence, after hundreds of drug tests he never tested positive, this is/was nothing more than a witch hunt.
    First, the USADA didn't strip him of his titles, if you read the news closely you notice that they never did..... The media speculated in their headlines.
    Speculation is... since he's charged guilty for doping, and banned for life, the UCI will strip him of the titles.

    And in regard of the hundreds of tests... Test procedures change, as the medical field gets smarter.. If hundreds of results were inconclusive (like some of his were) or clean, that didn't mean he was clean. They also didn't catch the other athletes back then who meanwhile confessed of the doping.

    There was a time where blood doping wasn't possible to prove.. Now it is.. That's just one example.

  5. #65
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    That doesn't give him the freedom to treat people like crap.

    I know people who are researching cures for cancer. They are not assholes.
    No... but I'm an asshole... and I recognize them when I see them... YOU are one... /me waves... Lance on the other hand, may or may not be... g'day.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  6. #66
    Innocent until proven guilty,

    and the fact that hist test-samples so far have been negative I say he should keep his titles.

    The irony is if he were stripped, many of his titles (3) would fall to Jan Ulrich, an already convicted doper.

  7. #67
    When they developed a test that could detect EPO in 2000 his preserved urine samples from 1999 tested positive. He was cleared on the basis that the samples might have been held incorrectly. Also his lawyer was apparently some high-profile guy who had a lot of experience with other doping atheletes.

    They say he wasn't willing to go to arbitration because there's so much evidence against him he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

  8. #68
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Newsflash sparky, if they had 'evidence' they'd have presented it... cause right now they look like a bunch of retarded fucknuts.. as far as YOU sir, if he's guilty, prove it.. if not... get off his ass.
    They have witnesses against him. That's sufficient.
    And for him giving up, tired of throwing his money away because of it?
    I don't know if anyone here is aware that if he gets stripped off his titles, he will also lose the crap-load of prize money he won with the titles and races?

    There are new procedures. if he had nothing to lose, he could have just taken another test. He refused.. I would too if I know they would find something I wanna actually hide. If I knew they won't find anything I'd so it, because then I can make them look like a bunch of idiots and embarrass them.
    Last edited by Wildtree; 2012-08-24 at 10:38 PM.

  9. #69
    Far as I'm aware there's no positive tests on his record, only the word of several people, atleast one of whom it should be added is a confirmed drugs cheat, in my book that somewhat makes what they're doing somewhat of a joke, the guy is clean and far as I'm concerned he's still one of the most inspiring athletes around.
    Last edited by koodledrum; 2012-08-24 at 10:39 PM. Reason: yeah I mistyped!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

  10. #70
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    The titles might not mean much to you but having to pay back 500.000 $ orso per tour de France he won might (especialy as this money is usually distributed among the team with the actual winner not taking a share or only taking a 10% cut like the rest) and that's just for wearing the yellow jersey in Paris, any stage wins etc.. are not included.
    I think if they want the prize money back he should tell them to 'bloody piss off, prove me guilty first you chickenshits'

    because if they try and sue him in court they'll have to prove it... and if they could they'd have presented their *cough*evidence*cough* already... USADA is a bunch of corrupt attention whores.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinGrandmaOnAStick View Post
    When they developed a test that could detect EPO in 2000 his preserved urine samples from 1999 tested positive. He was cleared on the basis that the samples might have been held incorrectly. Also his lawyer was apparently some high-profile guy who had a lot of experience with other doping atheletes.

    They say he wasn't willing to go to arbitration because there's so much evidence against him he wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
    Who is this THEY you speak of? He has been in arbitration for a majority of the past decade and the USADA has still not shown any evidence that he was guilty. They even sent it to the criminal courts and those charges were dropped when it was determined that there was not enough evidence to convict him and that some of the evidence given was tainted and false.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

  12. #72
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    They have witnesses against him. That's sufficient.
    And for him giving up, tired of throwing his money away because of it?
    I don't know if anyone here is aware that if he gets stripped off his titles, he will also lose the crap-load of prize money he won with the titles and races?

    There are new procedures. if he had nothing to lose, he could have just taken another test. He refused.. I would too if I know they would find something I wanna actually hide. If I knew they won't find anything I'd so it, because then I can make them look like a bunch of idiots and embarrass them.
    Lance doesn't have to 'make' them look like a bunch of idiots... they have already done that for themselves. show me a legitimate positive test and I'll stop backing him, till then he's innocent.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty,

    and the fact that hist test-samples so far have been negative I say he should keep his titles.

    The irony is if he were stripped, many of his titles (3) would fall to Jan Ulrich, an already convicted doper.
    They will pass on to the first non banned "athlete" I presume.
    Hell they might just make a tombola, finding a non-doped pro cyclist is as likely as finding a virgin in a brothel.
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Like said before, I am in Boston this week and if you are the big man you claim to be, come visit me. I'll PM you the hotel and room number. Let's see if you are such a hero in real life too, like you claim to be.

  14. #74
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I think if they want the prize money back he should tell them to 'bloody piss off, prove me guilty first you chickenshits'

    because if they try and sue him in court they'll have to prove it... and if they could they'd have presented their *cough*evidence*cough* already... USADA is a bunch of corrupt attention whores.
    you have one little flaw in yout thinking...
    No US court has the powers to overthrow any decision based on the rules of the UCI.... If you partake in any activity of that organization you abide by their rules, and not that of any US court..

  15. #75
    Epic! Zatheyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Academy City
    Posts
    1,632
    Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    That doesn't give him the freedom to treat people like crap.

    I know people who are researching cures for cancer. They are not assholes.
    Everyone treats others like crap. The average person is probably far worse then him, you just see it more from him because he is famous.

  16. #76
    Elemental Lord Kalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Malta. Only here for the weather and those date pastry things that they have.
    Posts
    8,604
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I think if they want the prize money back he should tell them to 'bloody piss off, prove me guilty first you chickenshits'

    because if they try and sue him in court they'll have to prove it... and if they could they'd have presented their *cough*evidence*cough* already... USADA is a bunch of corrupt attention whores.
    Presumably the legal procedure they follow means that him not contesting has the effect of a guilty plea - that's a fairly common legal practice, for obvious reasons.

  17. #77
    Except that he passed multiple, (I think he claims hundreds) of screens and they find two that might be tainted?

    USADA - American agency where you are guilty until proven innocent.
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

  18. #78
    The USADA, yet another consequence of liberal governance. I’m surprised that they didn’t want to give six of his seven medals to women, blacks or Latinos.

    Elections don’t have consequences… electing liberals have consequences.

  19. #79
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Innocent until proven guilty,

    and the fact that hist test-samples so far have been negative I say he should keep his titles.

    The irony is if he were stripped, many of his titles (3) would fall to Jan Ulrich, an already convicted doper.
    Ullrich said, he doesn't care for those titles. He's proud for his 2nd places.


    Plus, it is not impossible that the titles remain vacant, and no one moves up as winner. The UCI has the rights to decide it that way.

  20. #80
    Elemental Lord Kalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Malta. Only here for the weather and those date pastry things that they have.
    Posts
    8,604
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    The USADA, yet another consequence of liberal governance. I’m surprised that they didn’t want to give six of his seven medals to women, blacks or Latinos.

    Elections don’t have consequences… electing liberals have consequences.
    Complete gibberish.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •